Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Queen's Revenge, The

by Sonya
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Queen's Revenge

The Queen's Revenge

by Sonya

TITLE: The Queen's Revenge
AUTHOR: Sonya
EMAIL:sonyam@gofree.indigo.ieorceaero@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY:
SPOILERS: "Secrets," "Tok'ra"
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to Losses. Losses is required reading. If ya haven't read it you will have no idea what's going on.
RATING: Mmm, I'd say PG-13 but only because I'm not sure where its going yet. It could be less.
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Sequel to losses. Just what is Amounet up to and how is Jack going to react to Sam's news?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack relationship archive, Heliopolis and my site, http://homepages.go.com/~ceaero/stargate.html All others please ask first.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own anything. The almighty gods of MGM and showtime own it all. I'm not making any money out of this, so please don't sue!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thanks to my beta reader. This is only my third attempt at FanFic so please be nice. All comments are appreciated. I LOVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and before I forget, a little note to Anthony. I'm working on it K?

Part 1

Sam looked up at the ceiling of her room and sighed. It had been a week since Janet had told her for definite that she was pregnant and she still hadn't told Jack.

They had been put on stand down for two weeks, but Daniel and Teal'c had gone with SG7 back to Heriano's planet to get some samples of the medicines they used.

She had stayed with Jack at his house, Janet wouldn't let her go home alone. Even though the medicines they used on her helped a lot, she still felt very weak. After spending a week at Jack's house, having him wait on her hand and foot, she was getting very restless. So she had gotten up and went back to the SGC.

She had gone down to Janet in the infirmary and they talked for hours, about everything, Cassandra, Jack but mainly her pregnancy and what she was going to do. Sam had eventually come to the conclusion that she had to tell him. Her career depended on his reaction. She had thanked Janet and headed back to her quarters.

Sam got up off her bed and went over to the phone, 'Well its now or never.' She thought to herself as she dialled in Jack's number. "Hi Jack it's me Sam, could you come down to the SGC, we need to talk."

After Sam was finished the phone call she lay back down on her bed and waited. Jack had sounded confused on the phone, no doubt the 'we need to talk' line had gotten him worried. He said he would be down as soon as he could.

She had rehearsed what she was going to say in her mind a thousand times over the past week, but every time she tried to tell him she lost her nerve. She really had no idea how he would react, it wasn't something they had ever discussed.

Jack grabbed his keys and headed out to the car. He jumped in and started the engine. The phone call he had just gotten from Sam had worried him. She sounded nervous and he knew from experience that the 'we need to talk' line, was not a good sign.

He was worried about her, she had been distant with him all week and anytime he tried to ask her what was wrong she had said she was fine. But he could see in her eyes that something was bothering her and he was upset that she wouldn't tell him what was wrong.

She had been sick, most mornings he when he woke up she was in the bathroom. Of course she tried to hide it, but he knew something was wrong. He had even called the doc and asked her to check if the medicines that Heriano used on Sam had any side- effects. She had said that she would look into it, but she doubted it. He had realised that Janet knew what was wrong with Sam and he knew that she wasn't going to tell him either so he hadn't bothered to ask.

He had been upset at first but then he was glad that she was a least sharing it with someone. After all Janet was her best friend and friends talk. Maybe she felt more comfortable talking to Janet, or something. He just hoped that she would get around to telling him what was wrong soon.

He handed his ID to the guard at the gate of the SGC. It had taken him nearly an hour to get to the SGC because of a major traffic accident on the motor way, because of that traffic had been at a standstill. But luckily no one was killed.

The guard handed him back his ID, "Did you enjoy your downtime sir, I thought SG1 where not due back for another week. I saw Captain Carter come in earlier. Has your down time been cut short?" The guard asked.

"No, but I'm just here to collect a few things I left here." Jack lied, the last thing he needed was a nosy airman spreading rumours around the base about him and Sam. Not that there wasn't always rumours about them but he sensed that it would be the last thing that Sam wanted to hear right now.

He parked his car in one of the many available spaces, 'The general must have but some of the other teams on stand down as well.' He thought to himself as he got out of him car.

Sam was starting to get worried, she had called Jack over an hour ago and he still wasn't here and then she had seen on the news that there had been a pileup on the motor way. She become even more worried, almost to the point of making herself sick. Well she wasn't sure if it was just that.

She was startled out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. Sam rushed over and opened it, she took one look at Jack and then ran into her bathroom.

Jack could hear her coughing and followed her into the bathroom. Sam was on her knees in front of the toilet, coughing violently. Jack kneeled down behind her and gently rubbed her back. Once she was finished Jack reached over to the sink and poured her a glass of water. Sam flushed the toilet and looked around at him. He was shocked by her appearance.

She was very pale and her eyes were puffy and bloodshot almost like she had been crying.

He handed her the glass of water, trying to think of something to say that would make her feel better. 'How can I make her feel better when I don't know what's wrong?' He silently asked himself.

Sam sipped at the water Jack had given her. She could see the look of confusion and his worry for her in his eyes. All of a sudden she felt very guilty and couldn't meet Jacks gaze so she looked down at the grey floor, tears filling her eyes. She felt Jack's hand cup her chin and force her to look him in the eye. Jack gently wiped away the tears that where making their way down her cheek.

He gently stroked her cheek as he spoke. "Sam I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong, whatever it is we'll get through this together. Don't push me away Sam." She nodded at his words, tears filling her eyes once again. She angrily wiped them away.

She hated people seeing her like this, she didn't want people to think of her as a poor girl. That was probably part of the reason that she joined the Air Force, she wanted to prove to people at she could do anything a man could and maybe even more. She had pushed herself all her life to be the best and to hide her real feelings. But she couldn't and didn't want to hide them anymore. Yeah, she could raise this child alone if she had to, but she didn't want to. She didn't want to be alone, she didn't want to be the strongest and most reliable person all the time.

Sam looked up at Jack, who was watching her intently. She managed a weak smile and stood up. She offered her had to Jack. "I think I need some fresh air, can we go up and I'll explain everything to you?"

Jack nodded eagerly and smiled, he was happy to see Sam smile and even happier that she had decided to tell him what was wrong.

They had been walking for about 15 minutes, once they had gotten far enough from the base they had held hands. They were too afraid to do anything more then that because the guards at the SGC do regular sweeps of the surrounding forest to make sure no one is trying to find out just what secrets are hidden in Cheyenne Mountain.

It was 9pm and since it was early February it was still quite cold so they where dressed in heavy winter jackets. Jack looked up through the trees at the stars. There were no clouds so he could easily see the familiar constellations. He pointed out several of them to Sam. She listened to every word he said. To her this was fascinating.

In college her teachers thought that the silly names that were made up for clusters of stars where meaningless and treated them as such. But as Jack pointed out the big dipper she realised that these ancient peoples of earth had found these pictures in the stars to in some way explain the stars, to make them seem less frightening.

Sam was beginning to feel less nervous and was really enjoying Jack's little astronomy lesson.

Jack was happy to see that Sam's mood was lightening but he still wanted her to tell him what was wrong so he lead her over to a nearby rock and they both sat down. "You know, I really should use my telescope to look at the stars more often and not look at my neighbours." Jack said with a smile.

Sam laughed out loud at this, "I don't know, you've probably found out some interesting stuff about your neighbours." Sam replied with a giggle. "Sure, if you think knowing what kind of toothpaste they use is interesting."

He looked over at Sam, who appeared to be deep in thought. "Sam? You OK?" He asked.

Sam looked at him and smiled, "Yeah, I'm fine, but you deserve to know what's been going on." She raised her hand when it looked like he was going to interrupt her. "Jack please let me finish, before I loose my nerve." Jack nodded, signalling for her to continue.

"On Heriano's planet the day after the women had healed me a young girl told me something... I wasn't sure what to do... I didn't know that you would think... I was so scared!"

Jack looked at Sam, who was talking a mile a minute and was on the verge of bursting into tears. Suddenly all she was saying and the way she had been acting since they had gotten back all fitted together.

"You're pregnant."

Sam stopped talking and looked at Jack in shock. She looked at her shoes of a moment and then looked up at Jack, "Yes." She whispered.

Part 2

Jack was somewhere between over the moon and completely terrified. He looked up at Sam, her eyes where filling with tears again. He quickly engulfed her in a hug as she sobbed into his shirt.

"Jack, I'm so sorry I."

"Sam what have you got to be sorry for. Its not like I had nothing to do with it. We're in this together," Jack cut her off. He cupped her chin and forced her to look at him. "I love you Samantha Carter and nothing is going to change that. I know this was the last thing on either of our minds but we will get through it." He kissed her gently on the lips, but pulled back when she didn't respond. "Sam, what's wrong? You do want this baby don't you?"

When she didn't answer him he tried again. "Do you want to get rid of this baby, our baby?" Jack asked her, not sure if he wanted to know her answer.

Sam's tear stained eyes looked at his, "I.I don't know Jack." She whispered sadly.

"What! How can you even consider it Sam, its my child as well Sam."

Sam eyes filled with anger when he said this, "Listen Colonel, its not your career on the line, your not carrying the child. Its my decision and mine alone!"

With that Sam got up off the rock and ran back in the direction of the SGC. Jack waited a few minutes before he followed her. He couldn't believe she would even consider having an abortion. If he was going to try and talk some sense into her he would have to wait until he had cooled down a bit.

Sam and ran all the way back to the SGC, collected her car and then went home. It was strange calling her apartment home since she had been spending so much time at Jack's house, it was beginning to feel like home. Realising she hadn't eaten anything since breakfast she went over to the fridge. She wasn't too surprised to see that all she had was a decaying block of cheese and some leftovers that had probably been there for over 2 weeks. She shut the fridge door in disgust and got a glass of water instead.

She walked into her sitting room and sat down on the couch with a sigh. She couldn't believe some of the things she had said to Jack. She had decided she was going to keep the child, hadn't she? She looked down at her stomach, a small smile on her face. Yes, she wanted the baby. But why did she let Jack think that she didn't?

Right at that moment Sam was too tired to try and answer her own questions, she turned on the TV. She wasn't really watching anything, she was just trying to forget about what she had said to Jack earlier. But her tiredness overtook her and in a matter of minutes she was fast asleep.

Sam was woken up by a knock on her door. She looked over at the clock, it read 12.30. She didn't really have to guess who it was. She got off the couch and went to answer the door. Jack didn't wait to be invited in, he just barged in once Sam opened the door. Sam could see that he was trying to keep his anger in check, not that she couldn't blame him for being mad.

Jack was standing at the fireplace, looking at all the pictures on the mantelpiece. He hadn't said anything to Sam. "Did you mean it?" He asked her, still looking at the photographs.

Sam wrapped her arms around herself and sighed, "No I didn't mean it. I don't even know why I said it."

As she spoke Jack turned around to face her, she could see the pain in his eyes and the guilt welled up inside her at the realisation that she had caused it. His face seemed to lighten somewhat when she said that she wanted the baby.

"It's not fair Jack, I have to choose between my career and this child. If I choose to have this baby, chances are I wont be able to work at the SGC and I wont be able to see dad." She whispered sadly. Jack realised that no matter what she decided she would probably loose someone or womething close to her.

But she was important to the SGC, the general wouldn't want to lose her, would he? "Sam, I don't think the general would stop you from seeing your father, if you did have to leave the SGC. But you're vital to SG1 and the general must realise that. The team wouldn't function without you just like it wouldn't if we lost Daniel or Teal'c." Jack said trying to comfort her.

He didn't think that the general would be stupid enough to get rid of Sam. She had Jolinar's memories inside her and she was able to use the gou'auld devises. She was probably one of the best assets they had, not to mention the fact that she knew the most about the Stargate.

Sam nodded at his words, "It's just not the best situation to bring a child into."

Jack walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "I know Sam, but its better then not living at all." He looked down at her and smiled when her heard her stomach grumble. "How long has it been since you've eaten?" He asked.

"The breakfast you made me this morning. I've got no food here." She replied.

"What! Sam you have to eat, you're still recovering from your injuries and its not good for the baby
either. Come on, we'll go back to my place and I've got food there." He said and took her hand.

'He's already a concerned daddy and the baby hasnt even been born yet!' Sam thought with a small smile as she grabbed her keys and followed Jack out of the house.

Sam waited outside General Hammond's office nervously. SG1 where back on duty yesterday but since she was still recovering she hadn't gone with them to P3X402. She had decided that it would be better if she told the general by herself. Maybe get an idea of how much trouble they where in before Jack got back. Jack had been telling her that everything would work out, but she just couldn't see that happening. She jumped when she heard the general calling her in. She took a deep breath and entered the lions den.

"What can I do for you Major?" The general asked her. He could see that she was nervous and she looked quite pale. 'Maybe Doctor Fraiser should check her out again.' He thought to himself . "Sit, down major and tell me what's wrong." He ordered and she immediately sat.

He hated this, one of his officers was clearly distressed and he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't help that he had become close to SG1 and especially to Sam. She had confided in him when she found out her father was sick and he had promised Jacob at her would look out for her now that he wasn't able to. Sam was looking down at her hands, she had no idea what to tell him. He had a lot of faith in her and he would be disappointed with her for being so stupid.

"I'm pregnant sir," she whispered, not looking up from her hands.

"Who's the father?" he asked her even though he had a pretty good idea of who the father was already. He was shocked, this was one of the last things he ever expected to hear from her.

Sam looked up at him and sighed, "Colonel O'Neill, sir." She mumbled. But this time she didn't look down at her hands, she looked him straight in the eye as she said it.

The general rubbed his temples and sighed, he could feel one killer headache coming on.

Part 3

General Hammond pushed back his chair and stood up. "Major you do realise what you just told me means that I can no longer let you be on SG1."

Sam nodded sadly, "I understood the consequences before I came to visit you sir."

"Does Colonel know?" He asked.

"Yes sir." Sam replied glumly.

Hammond sighed and placed his thumb and his forefinger on the bridge of his nose as he paced his small office.

The general sat back down on the chair and looked straight at Sam. "Major Carter, you are no longer on SG1 as of this moment you will work with the lab technicians until I can discuss this matter with my superiors, do you understand?" Sam looked stunned, the generals words were harsh, totally unlike they were a few moments ago.

"Yes sir, I understand." She mumbled.

"Very well, dismissed." He replied. As Sam rose to leave the general spoke again. "Between you and me Sam, I will do everything in my power to at least get you back on a team. I know that SG1 would not be able to function properly without you in the long term. But I will have to talk to my superiors, see what they think. But don't think I'm making light of it Major, this is a very serious situation."

Sam nodded gratefully. "Thank you general, for everything but especially for your honesty," she said and then left the room.

"Incoming wormhole... Its SG1's remote code sir." Lieutenant Simmons told the general.

"Open the iris." He ordered as he made his way to the gate room. As the general stepped into the gate room, a mud covered Teal'c came through the wormhole, followed by Daniel, O'Neill, who where also covered in mud.

"What happened colonel?" The general asked.

"It turns out that it was raining season on the planet, the locals told Daniel all about it. But by the time we got back to the Stargate there was a giant mud pool between the DHD and the Stargate, sir." Jack replied. "I'm sure Daniel would love to tell you all about it sir."

"Colonel I want you in my office... as soon as you've cleaned up." The general ordered.

"Yes, sir" Jack replied, slightly confused as to why the general was looking at him like he was satin.

Jack turned off the shower and reached for his towel. He was wondering what he had done to piss the general off so much. He wrapped the towel around his waist and went out to his locker. He turned around when he heard someone breathing.

"I told the general" Sam said. She was sitting on the floor in the corner of the room. Jack couldn't see her face but he knew that she was very upset.

He walked over to her and kneeled down beside her. "I thought we were going to tell him together." He said.

"Yeah, well I thought this would be best" She snapped. She wrapped her arms around her body. "Sorry." She mumbled, "He's taken me off SG1, I'm stuck in the lab." Jack placed his hand on her arm sympathetically, him movement caused the towel he was wearing too slip from his waist and pool on the floor.

He grinned sheepishly at Sam and reached for him towel. She had the first real grin he had seen for days plastered on her face. "I think you'd better get dressed Colonel." She said with a smile.

"Sit down Colonel." General Hammond ordered and Jack immediately sat. "Colonel, I have been made aware that you have been having a relationship with Major Carter which is inappropriate to say the least. Not only is it against regulations but you have forced me to split up the best team I have and that makes me mad Colonel. The future of both yours and the Majors careers are now in question. SG1 will be on stand down until I discus this with the president. This is very serious colonel as I'm sure you already know. You are not to leave the base until I say you can and you will be confined to quarters. You are not to see or to communicate with Major Carter in any way until this is sorted out. Is that clear, Colonel?" The general shouted his heavy Texas accent.

"Yes sir!" Jack replied and stood up, "Is that all sir?" He asked, he felt like he was a lowly airman again the way the general had shouted at him.

"Thats all colonel, now get out of my sight!" The general ordered. Jack saluted then turned on his heel and left the room.

Daniel knew something was very wrong when neither Sam nor Jack turned up for the debriefing. As the general entered, both him and Teal'c stood up.

"Why aren't Sam and Jack here?" Daniel asked.

"Sit down Doctor Jackson and I will explain the situation to you. Both Daniel and Teal'c sat back down. "We will continue the debriefing on P3X402 later on. But first, are both of you aware that Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter were partaking in a relationship that was both inappropriate and strictly against regulations?"

Daniel looked down at the floor and said nothing. "If you are talking about their...private relationship, then yes we were aware of it. It has not been a problem thus far." Teal'c said sticking up for his friends.

"Wait, if this is all about Jack and Sam don't you think they have a right to be here?" Daniel asked the general.

"They will join us shortly, but since this affects you two the most I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. I have no real desire to split the team up and the president agrees. But if their...closeness endangers the team I don't have any other choice."

"General!" Daniel started jumping up from his seat. "Their relationship hasn't caused any trouble, even when Sam was being held by Amounet, Jack was calm enough to come up with a rescue plan with Heriano. If it had been anyone else we would probably have been killed but both of them knew the consequences when they joined the SGC and when they became lovers. They knew that either of them could me killed at anytime and I know they would die for me or Teal'c or each other if they had too." Daniel pleaded with the general, "If you don't let them on the team, chances are we will get killed. All of us work well together. I'm not sure I would be able to work with anyone else, sir." Daniel finished his speech, took a deep breath to calm himself and then sat down again.

"I agree with Daniel Jackson, they would never intentionally put our lives in danger. I do not see why they have to be split up, surely any risk that them being together might cause is far outweighed by the risk of bringing in a new person to SG1 who is unaware of how we work together."

The general was surprised at Teal'cs works, it was usually difficult to get more then a sentence out of him at a time, but he could understand what both Teal'c and Daniel were saying and he had to agree with them. The general summoned a young airman into the room. "Airman, fetch Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter and bring them here." He ordered the boy who looked no more then 19 or 20.

"Yes sir!" The boy replied, a little to eagerly for the general's taste.

Several minutes later the boy returned with Jack and Sam. "Sit," the general ordered. Jack and Sam nodded and took seats opposite each other. They both looked up at the general, preparing themselves for what was to come. "I have spoken to Daniel and Teal'c and they both feel that your relationship would not cause too much trouble, but I take it they don't know about your predicament Major. The president and I both feel that SG1 should continue on as it always has for the moment,
but if hear of any trouble Major Carter will be taken off the team permanently. Daniel, Teal'c you are both dismissed." Daniel and Teal'c both rose to leave, Daniel patted a very relieved looking Sam on the shoulder as he left.

"I will be frank with you both." Hammond said. "I'm not happy with any romantic relationship between two officers under my command. I am still unsure as to whether the Major should be on SG1, but the president seems to think you work well together and as long as you continue to do so you will stay on SG1 Major." Sam smiled with relief at his words. "However, there will be no relations on base or off world, is that clear. We will discuss your maternity leave later, Major."

Sam and Jack nodded, they were shocked that he had let Sam remain on SG1, but they weren't complaining. "That's all people. SG1 will be debriefing me on P3X402 at 09.00 tomorrow, colonel. I would also like you to attend Major. The doctor thinks you are able to start working on base again."

They both rose and saluted. "Thank you, sir." Sam said to the general.

Part 4

"Teal'c, what do you think the general meant by 'Sam's Predicament'?" Daniel asked Teal'c.

After the general had dismissed them they had headed to the mess. "I do not know, but we are about to find out." Teal'c replied and nodded his head towards the door. A very happy looking Jack and Sam had entered the mess and were now headed over to their table.

Sam smiled at Daniel as she sat down on the seat beside him. Jack sat opposite her. "So what did they general say?" Daniel asked eagerly.

"Sam will stay on SG1 for the moment, but if the general sees problems he will take her off the team." Jack said with a smile. "I'm sure you're wondering what the general meant about Sam." Daniel and Teal'c both nodded and looked over at Sam curiously.

"I'm pregnant." She told them, a big smile lit her face.

Daniel and Teal'c stared at her in shock, "You...you mean your gonna have a baby," Daniel said in awe, "That's great you guys, I'm so happy for you!" He said and pulled Sam into a big bear hug and then patted Jack on the back.

Teal'c stood up and pulled Sam into a hesitant hug, "You will make a good mother Sam." He whispered in her ear. He pulled back and gave her a big smile. Sam was shocked that Teal'c had used her first name, he had never called her Sam before, and then he smiled. It looked so out of character for him that she couldn't help but smile back. Teal'c then pulled O'Neill into a hug.

As they all sat back down they realised that everyone in the mess was looking at them curiously. Sam sunk lower in her seat, her face flushed red, but she was still smiling. Daniel couldn't contain it any more, with Sam looking so embarrassed, Teal'c with a huge grin plastered on his face and everyone in the mess looking at them, he burst out laughing. Jack soon joined him.

The rest of the mess soon lost interest in SG1 and turned back to their food. Daniel was starting to quieten down, he wiped the tears out of his eyes and took a sip of him now cold coffee, "So, have you thought of any names yet?" He asked with a grin.

6 WEEKS LATER

Jack was bored, Sam was bored, even Teal'c looked bored. The only person interested in the dead desert planet was Daniel.

"Daniel, do you see any rocks around here?" Jack asked him sarcastically. If he had to but up with Daniel's interest in this planet he was at least going to annoy him about it.

"Artifacts Jack, artifacts!" Daniel shouted to him from behind a rock.

"Danny, there isn't anything here, we're going home, now!" Jack said in his best command voice, but once Daniel found something that interested him, not even a group of marines could drag him away. But luckily Daniel decided that there was nothing that was of any interest. He walked back up to his friends who were waiting at the DHD. "About damn time." Jack muttered under his breath. "Dial home Daniel." He ordered. As Daniel passed he gave Jack a dirty look.

As they exited the wormhole General Hammond was waiting for them with a very worried look on his face. Standing beside him were Jacob Carter and Martouf. Jacobs eyes lit up when he saw his daughter, who ran over to him and hugged him. "Heya Sammy, George tells me you have something to tell me." He whispered into her ear.

"Later." She whispered back. She pulled out of the hug and nodded a greeting at Martouf. "What are you doing here. Is something wrong?" Sam asked them.

"There will be a debriefing in ten minutes, don't bother getting changed, you will be heading out again shortly." The general said. He nodded to Jacob.

"Sam can we talk for a minute.in private?" Jacob asked his daughter.

"Sure dad, we can go to my quarters. Is everything OK?" Jacob didn't answer her question, he just lead her out of the gate room.

She led her father into her room and then followed him in. He sat down on her bed and looked up at her. "Two weeks ago Amounet rejoined the system lords taking Apothis' place. You already knew that she was alive and very powerful. She nearly killed you and you didn't even contact me. Why?" He asked her, the anger and worry for her safety evident in his eyes.

Sam was shocked, "I didn't want to pull you away from what you were doing, Dad. I didn't want to worry you. I'm fine now, see?" She said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Amounet attacked Heru'ur and won she now has control over a vast area of space." Selmac said in his deep voice. "She is coming after the Toc'Ra now. If you had told us earlier that she is as strong as she is we would have had more time to prepare. Four of our operatives died when she attacked Heru'ur and six more have not been heard of since the incident. You were held prisoner by her but she didn't kill you, why?"

Sam sat down beside her father and sighed. "I'm sorry about your operatives Selmac, can I speak to my father please?"

Selmac nodded, "Very well, if you find it easier to talk to him." Selmac said and bowed his head. Jacob raised him head and smiled at him daughter. "I'm here Sammy." He said and placed his hand on hers.

"Dad, she got one of her guards to stab me in the stomach, she left me to die in that prison. I don't think she left me alive for a reason its just pure luck I'm still alive."

Jacob nodded. "From what George told me, you were in pretty bad shape when the rescued you. Are you sure you are OK?"

Sam smiled at her father. "Thanks for your concern dad, but I've had to put the guys concern for over two months now. I'm fine, honestly. But I do have something to tell you." Sam looked over at Jacob and took a deep breath. "Your going to be a grandfather...again." She said with a smile.

She could see the shock in her fathers eyes but it soon gave way for a smile that lit up his whole face and he pulled her into a hug. "Congratulations Sammy." He said and pulled back. "I think we had better get back to the briefing room, don't you?" He said and stood up. Sam nodded and they left her quarters.

When they arrived at the briefing room everyone was already there. Martouf wasted no time and informed everyone of the situation.

"So what your saying is that Amounet is very powerful and you think she is going to try to destroy the Toc'Ra and then go after us?" Jack asked trying to figure out just how bad this could turn out to be.

"That is correct O'Neill." Martouf replied, "Since Major Carter was held prisoner by her for several days she might have overheard something." He said and looked over at Sam.

"I can't really remember that much about it. But what I do remember is that she wanted Apothis' child." Sam said.

"Sam why didn't you tell us this before, if she wants the baby she will go back to Abydos now that she knows that Heru'ur doesn't have him." Daniel said to Sam.

Sam looked up at Daniel, she could hear the fear in his voice. "Daniel I didn't remember until I heard what Martouf was saying. I've sorta had a few other things on my mind lately!" Replied Sam, who was upset at the way Daniel had just spoken to her.

"Samantha, would you come with us back to our camp. We need any information you might have and we have some things that might help you remember." Martouf asked her. "We would not keep you long, two or three days at most and I know Jacob would love to have you around." He said with a smile and looked over at Jacob who nodded eagerly.

General Hammond took this as his queue to speak up. "SG1, you will be accompanying Jacob and Martouf back to their camp. I don't have to tell you that Amounet is definitely a big threat to us. We did bring about the downfall of her husband and killed Korel. I'm sure that's reason enough for her to want revenge but I want you to eliminate that threat if absolutely necessary." He raised his hand to stop Daniel from interrupting him. "Dr. Jackson, I hope it does not have to come to that but if she intends to attack us we have no choice."

"But General there has to be some other way. We could take her to Cimmeria, Thor's hammer could destroy the gou'auld inside her."

"Dr Jackson, if you can find any other way that will stop her then by all means do it but otherwise." The general left his sentence unfinished, everyone knew what he meant. "You will leave immediately, good luck." Everyone rose from their seats as the general left the room.

Daniel glanced around at the now familiar Toc'Ra tunnels. They still amazed him, how they could be grown so quickly and destroyed just as easily if necessary. He had noticed that Jack was very protective of Sam, especially when Martouf was around. 'I think Jack has a little jealousy problem.' He thought to himself with a chuckle.

The tunnels where filled with people, almost like they were evacuating again. Martouf noticed Daniels interest. "They are preparing all our weapons so we can be ready if we get attacked. Come, I want to show you all something." Martouf lead them down a corridor and into a large chamber. Inside was what appeared to be a large pool of water. But there where images being reflected off it.

He went over to a panel and tapped a few buttons, the image on the water changed. Instead it showed the remains of a destroyed city and gou'auld mother ship.

"This was Heru'ur's main city. It has been completely destroyed. So far there have been no survivors of any of her attacks." Martouf informed them glumly. "If she can completely destroy a powerful system lord like Heru'ur that easily, how do you expect to defend yourselves if she chooses to go after you next?"

Part 5

SG1 stared at the images reflected on the water in shock.

'Martouf is right, we have no way to defend ourselves.' Sam thought to herself. She couldn't help but feel partly responsible for this, she could have tried to kill Amounet when she was her prisoner. It wasn't like she was in a cell the whole time. She was basically free to walk about, this had surprised her and it still did.

Even though she had told her father her being alive had nothing to do with Amounet she wasn't so sure.

But she had no idea why Amounet would want her alive. She had spent quite a few sleepless nights thinking about it but had come up blank. But somehow she knew that something big was going to happen, something to do with her.

Sam rested her hand on her flat stomach protectively, 'No one is going to hurt my child.' She thought defiantly.

Martouf looked over at Sam, her hand was rested on her stomach. He had found out from Selmac earlier that she was with child. This had disturbed him greatly, the last thing he wanted to do was bring a pregnant woman into battle. But in some strange way he understood Sam, he felt a strong bond between them, one he was sure she felt too. He knew what she would say to him if he tried to stop her from going with them. He also noticed O'Neill's protectiveness towards her. He had been around long enough to know that it was jealousy, aimed towards him.

Just then Garshaw entered the room and immediately grabbed everyone's attention. "Martouf, have you told them?" She asked in her distinctly Gou'auld voice.

"Yes, I have told them." He said to her but his gaze was still fixed on Sam.

Sam looked up to see Martouf staring right at her. Usually such scrutiny would make her uncomfortable, but not this time. She was drawn to him, not really romantically even though he was very attractive. She couldn't explain the bond she had with him and had given up trying to a long time ago. But there was one, she could become lost in his strange blue eyes just like she could in Jack's chocolate brown ones. She broke her gaze with Martouf and looked over at Jack guiltily. He was looking right at Martouf. His jaw was set, making him look very dangerous and anger danced in his eyes.

'He looked like he is about to attack someone.' She thought to herself mildly surprised at the level of jealousy he had towards Martouf.

"We are all in grave danger and the Toc'ra do not have the power to protect the Tau'ri if needed." Garshaw told everyone solemnly. "We have to eliminate this threat before she finds us, we are sure that she has a spy that knows our location. You must return to your planet soon, you agree to share any information you might find?" She asked and turned to O'Neill.

"Sure, if you share too." He replied sarcastically. Garshaw nodded and looked over to Jacob who had just entered the room.

"Take them to what is left of Heru'ur's main city. Show them just how much damage has been done, the images will never explain just how devastating the attack was." She ordered Jacob and Martouf, who nodded in response.

Sam felt the bile rise in her stomach. The smell was ten times worse then in Amounet's prison. The stench of burnt flesh hung heavy in the air and smoke billowed up from the few still burning buildings. Bodies where everywhere, most just charred skeletons or bodies barely recognisable as humanoid as they had been crushed under the fallen buildings.

Everyone seemed very affected by this atrocity, but especially Daniel.

Daniel stared at the destroyed Gou'auld mother ship. The unshed tears filled his eyes. These people, most of them innocent, had been destroyed by the same beast that had taken his wife. His fear for Sha're had increased 10 fold when he saw the burning remains on the streets. He had always thought of Apothis as her captor but for the first time he realised that the gou'auld inside Sha're was probably even more evil then Apothis was.

Amounet was after revenge, that drive made her more dangerous then any other gou'auld before her. He wondered what that would do to his wife, trapped inside her own mind, unable to do anything but watch as she destroyed these people.

He knew that she would rather die but he also knew that he would never be able to end her suffering himself. While she was alive he had hope but if she was dead he had nothing.

Even though Jacob had seen this sight several times already it still made him sick. He had seen several children lying dead in their mother's arms and he thought of his daughter and the child she was now carrying. If they did not stop Amounet they would both die.

"Do you see what she has done, she doesn't care if she kills defenceless children of pregnant women." Jacob said as he looked at his daughter.

"If she chooses to kill the Tau'ri you have no chance for survival, we must kill her soon." Martouf took over for Jacob, the urgency in his voice was evident.

Jack looked up at Martouf, he didn't like the guy much, hell he hated the guy. But what he said made sense, they had to kill Amounet. But he knew Daniel wouldn't let them harm her unless he was sure there was no other way. 'Well you better come up with another way soon Danny boy 'cause we cant let her hurt anyone else, no matter how much we hate them.' He thought glumly to himself.

"I think we've seen enough here, Martouf. Was there anything else?" He asked sarcastically.

Jack sat down on the chair with a sigh. He didn't think he would ever forget what he had seen in the destroyed city. He had seen a lot of things in his many years in the service but nothing as cruel and heartless as this.

It was 1.20 am and the mess was deserted, just as he hoped it would be. He needed to think.

Sam had been distant with him since they had returned to Earth, she even opted to sleep alone in her quarters, something either of them hadn't done in a long time. He guessed it had something to do with his uncaring comments earlier. He had regretted them the moment he had said them, he just wanted to get back at Martouf in some small way.

Jack was startled as the alarms in the SGC want off. "Unauthorised incoming traveller. General Hammond to the gate room immediately." Someone called over the intercom and he jumped of his chair and headed for the gateroom.

As he got there he heard one of the technicians called out. "It's the Toc'ra sir." Jack looked around to see General Hammond and Carter standing in the corner of the room.

"Open the iris." The general ordered and motioned for O'Neill and Sam to follow him to the gateroom.

Jacob and Martouf fell out of the Stargate. Martouf stood up but Jacob remained on the ground. "Jacob is injured we must take him somewhere he can rest and Selmac can cure his wounds.

Sam ran over to her father and with Martouf's help they carried him out of the gateroom and down to the infirmary.

"Martouf, would you care to tell us what happened?" The general asked impatiently.

"Amounet found our location, luckily we where able to get everyone out before they arrived, but Jacob and I stayed behind to make sure the tunnels where destroyed. We did not want to risk them finding the location of the new settlement so we came here instead."

"Selmac will be able to cure Dad's wounds wont he?" Sam asked Martouf. He smiled and nodded, "Jacob will be fine, believe it or not this is somewhat of a regular occurrence for him, he is always getting shot or stabbed. He says it is, 'All part of the game.'"

Martouf's expression turned serious again. "It seems odd that several hours after you visit us we are attacked by Amounet. I am not saying you did it purposely, but perhaps she has a spy among your people."

Hammond shook his head firmly, "I have no idea how she found out your location, but all of my officers are loyal, they would die before giving up your location."

"I believe that none of your people would willingly give away any information but Major Carter was with Amounet for several days, Amounet could have forced her into doing something that Samantha doesn't even know."

Jack stood up and stared daggers at Martouf. "Are you saying you think Sam has been brain washed or something? Well I'll tell you something there is no way she would help Am..."

"Jack please!" Sam shouted and everyone was quiet. She looked down at the hands and sighed. "I always wondered why she let me live, what if I am telling her these things and I don't know it? Its my fault Dad was hurt." She whispered, the tears filling her eyes. "Damn hormones." She thought to herself. She looked up at Martouf, "Is there any way to reverse it?" She asked him.

Martouf nodded sadly, "No, but it may not be you Samantha."

Sam let out a false laugh. "Who else would it be Martouf? What well happen to me?" Martouf looked down at his hands and didn't answer her question.

"What will happen?" Jack asked more forcefully and a little desperately.
Martouf looked up at Sam.

"The 'brainwashing' will destroy your mind. Your subconscious will fight against the suggestions that Amounet puts in your head, slowly it will destroy all of your mind, you will be left brain dead." Martouf said solemnly. Sam placed her hand protectively on her stomach in shock.

Part 6

"Are...are you sure?" Sam asked hesitantly. "There is no way to be sure but it would explain why she left you alive. You should get your doctor to give you a full examination, it could be something else." Martouf said, but it was obvious that he believed that he was right.

Jack stared at Martouf in shock. 'He's wrong, he has to be.' Jack thought desperately. His eyes filled with anger towards Amounet and every other goa'uld. Sam couldn't die, not like this. If she had to die it should be in battle, then it would mean her life had gone for something. "We would have noticed some change wouldn't we? She hasn't been acting strange."

General Hammond butted into Jacks speech, "Major go down to the infirmary and get the Doctor to check you out. Colonel, go with her." The general ordered.

Janet looked at O'Neill and Sam as they entered the infirmary, they both looked shocked and maybe even a little scared.

She had given Sam a full check up and had found nothing wrong. "Sam, there is nothing wrong as far as I can see but I'll give you an ultrasound anyway." Janet said. She didn't really think there would be anything wrong but seeing the fetus might lift their spirits a bit. They hadn't told her what was wrong or why she needed a full check up and she didn't want to upset them by asking.

She squeezed some of the jelly onto Sam's almost flat stomach and turned on the machine. She ran it over her stomach until she found the tiny fetus. The sound of its' quick heartbeat filled the room. Jack was staring at the screen in awe, but Sam turned her head away from it so she couldn't see it.

"Sam?" Janet called her friend curiously. When she didn't reply she turned her attention back to the screen with a sigh. She moved it around more to check everything was OK. "What the hell is that?" Jack murmured and pointed to the edge of the screen. Janet looked at it carefully. "I have no idea. It almost looks like the thing that Cassandra had inside of her." Sam turned her head and looked at the screen, her eyes were red and puffy. "Colonel, I think you had better go get the general and the Tok'ra, maybe they will know what it is.

"It is a tracking device, it would explain how Amounet knew our location." Martouf said after examining the picture on the monitor carefully. "So it's not some sort of mind control then?" Daniel asked hopefully.

Martouf nodded, "It's unlikely Amounet would use both." Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"You will not be able to come to the new Tok'ra compound. I do not believe that she would go to this much trouble to catch us. I think she might be after something else, Sam, and she is using you to get it." Jacob said to his daughter. Everyone was aware that Amounet was very dangerous.

"If she is not only after the Tok'ra, then what is she after?" Daniel asked.

"She wants the child and she wants you, Daniel." Sam blurted out as memories of conversations with Martia ran through her head. Daniel looked at her curiously, his expression telling her to explain what she meant. "When I was in her palace, Martia seemed very interested in you, she said that she queen had taken a special interest in you." She told them.

"You think that she's after Dr Jackson?" Martouf sounded very surprised. "Do you think she would go to this much trouble for a human... no offense Dr Jackson." Martouf asked. General Hammond shook his head, "We have never known the goa'uld to care much about humans, even if she has a reason to want you Dr Jackson. I also find it hard to believe she would go to these lengths."

"Well its not really that surprising when you think about it," Daniel said, "Her host is my wife, maybe Sha're's feeling for me rubbed off on her."

"I agree with Daniel Jackson, it would explain why she let us live when we went to Abydos 8 months ago." Teal'c said in his normal, rational voice.

"Yes..yes, she did see us, but she didn't tell Apothis. Maybe she knew that he would kill us." Daniel started. "I think that Apothis' downfall might have been planned by her."

Martouf looked over at Daniel, "It is unusual that she was not on the attack ships that tried to destroy you planet. He lost much of his power then and perhaps that gave her what she needed to destroy him." Sam watched Daniel and Martouf talking, she wasn't really listening to what they where saying. She was worried that the thing that was inside of her could harm her child. Something similar had almost killed Cassandra and she vowed to herself that the same thing would not happen to her child. "This th..thing that's inside of me, if we try to remove it, it would kill my child?"

Martouf nodded, "Just as the explosive device was implanted into the girl's heart, to prevent it from being removed. The tracking device would probably kill the child if we tried to remove it." Sam nodded, she had expected as much.

She looked over at Jack, who had been quiet throughout the meeting. He looked deep in thought. If she looked in his eyes she would probably see a mix of emotions, that he was so good at hiding from everyone else. Over the time she had known him and the 5 months they had been lovers she had learned to read his eyes. It was like learning a foreign language, she saw things in his eyes but she couldn't make any sense of them. But after hearing a language for a while, you get used to it and start to understand it. It was the same with Jack. Like he had said at her promotion ceremony, he really was a man of few words, at least when it came to his feelings anyway.

Sam was woken out of her reverie by the general's voice. "So, is the device any immediate threat to this facility or the planet?" Jacob shook his head, "She has been here a while now, she already knows your location. The damage has been done for your planet, if she didn't already know the Coordinates for this planet she does now. Which makes it even more necessary to destroy her soon." He said gravely.

"Right people it is late, or should I say early and I want you all to get some sleep. We will discuss this again at 14.00 hours. Martouf, Jacob you are welcome to stay in out guest quarters."

"Thanks George, I'm really in need of a couple of hours sleep, Selmac managed to cure my wounds but we are both weak." Jacob said.

Slowly everyone filed out of the infirmary. Jack quickly made his way back to his quarters. He sat down on the bed with a sigh. Everything that had happened in the last couple of hours was still sinking in. He was scared, terrified in fact. First Martouf as good as told him that Sam was going to die. Then he had seen his little child on the ultrasound monitor and he forgot about everything else. It had hurt when Sam wouldn't look at their baby.

But what had hurt more was the realization of what Amounet had done to her. She had used Sam and their child as some sort of tracking device for god knows what, but he wasn't too sure what it had to do with Daniel. He was angry, upset and confused all at the same time. He had no idea why Sam had been giving him the cold shoulder lately, well he had an idea but he didn't think she was that upset by it. He was disrupted from his thoughts by a soft knock on the door. He instinctively knew it was Sam, "Come in." He called.

Sam carefully opened the door and stepped in. "Hey." Sam said, "We, um..need to talk." As she spoke she sat down beside Jack on the bed. When Jack opened his mouth to speak, Sam placed her finger on his lips and shook her head, "No Jack let me go first." He nodded and closed his mouth. She smiled and removed her finger and gently kissed him on the lips. She pulled back after a minute and took his hands in hers.

"Jack, I have to explain the way I've been acting lately. I know you think I 'm upset with you or something but I'm not. You see you're the most important thing that has happened to me in a long time and I do love you and our child." As she spoke she placed their joined hands against her stomach. "But, we haven't been seeing each other long and a baby was the last thing on my mind. It takes a lot of getting used to ya know? I had gotten used to the idea that I was never going to settle down and have a family. My career has always meant too much to me. But now here we are, one of the last things I would have expected and I know I can be happy with you. But I have to let go of the lifestyle I've had for so long and that's scary Jack. This is all new to me."

Sam finished her speech and looked up at Jack. He gently brought his hand up to her face and stroked her cheek. "Sam, I love you and I can understand that this is hard for you but we can be happy. I know I'm not perfect and I'm sure your no angel either but we can be happy together and we will be as soon as all of this mess is over and then we'll do all the normal happy couple stuff." Sam laughed, "The happy couple stuff, what you mean no traveling around the galaxy fighting the bad guys?" Jack smiled and pulled Sam to him, "Well I suppose we don't have to be completely normal."

With that said he kissed Sam passionately. His tongue gently probing her mouth, dueling with hers for domination. He gently lay her down on the bed as their kisses becoming more passionate. Slowly their clothes vanished and they made love until the sun was coming up. Fast and passionately, slowly and romantically, they found release again and again until they fell asleep sated in each other's arms.

Jack looked over at Sam, he didn't want to wake her. She looked so peaceful but the meeting with the general was in 45 minutes. He finished getting dressed and sat down on the bed beside Sam and gently shook her awake. "Mmmm, go away." She moaned and pulled the covers over her head."

"Suit yourself, but I'm going to get breakfast, don't forget that the meeting starts in 45 minutes." He said with an amused look on his face, Sam was not a morning person and he sometimes thought it was best to leave her alone for a bit. Sam peaked out at him from under the covers, "I won't forget." She said and then rushed into the bathroom. Jack followed her in and rubbed her back as she was sick.

"Are you OK?" He asked when she had washed herself up."

Sam smiled and left the bathroom, "Yeah I'm fine, hungry though. Will you wait for me to get dressed and we can go down to the mess together." Jack nodded and sat down.

He found Sam's eating habits lately very amusing and quite sickening. She hadn't suffered from that much morning sickness and when she did she says it gives her an appetite. He didn't think he would ever understand pregnant women and in particular his pregnant woman. 'Oh, you better not let her hear that O'Neill.' He thought with a chuckle.

Part 7

They had been sitting in the briefing room for over two hours and in that time Jack had discovered a new definition for boring. He had gotten confused the minute Martouf started explaining how the device inside Sam worked and now two hour later it was still the main topic of conversation.

"She knows my location wherever I go, right?" Sam asked Martouf.

"Yes," He replied, "Even if you go through the Stargate she would find your new position in a matter of minutes." Sam nodded, "Well, what if we set a trap using the tracking device?" Everyone sat up straight at Sam's suggestion, it was by far the best idea anyone had come up with so far. "Explain, Major." The general ordered. Sam looked at him and stood up. "Well," she began hesitantly, "It's a pretty safe bet that she wants Sha're's child and she might want was Daniel as well. So what if we sent all the SG teams and any Tok'ra who are willing to Abydos. If she can find my position on Abydos she would probably realize that the child is there and come to get it..."

Daniel stood up and looked at her, "We would be putting everyone on Abydos into a lot of trouble, she wouldn't hesitate to kill them all. We would put them in way to much danger, general." He said, his voice rising slightly.

"Daniel if you let me finish before disagreeing with me?" Sam asked. "She wouldn't be expecting an army waiting for her, I know we are nowhere as strong as she is but we will have the element of surprise. If she thinks that only SG1 went to the planet alone and she captured us she wouldn't be expecting anyone else and while on her ship we could plant C4 like we did on Apothis' ship." She said, "Unless you have a better idea Daniel." She looked over at him, it was clear by the expression on his face that he didn't like the idea at all, but she couldn't see any other way.

Jack, who had been quiet throughout the entire meeting took this as his cue to speak up. "So what your saying is you want us to lure her to a defenseless planet, let her capture us and try to destroy her ship from the inside?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yes." Sam replied firmly, looking him in the eye. "I say we have no other choice."

Jack took a deep breath and looked at the general, "I agree with Sam, it could work but we will need a lot of help."

General Hammond sighed and nodded, "I agree with both of you but we are not doing anything until we have it planned down to the second, is that clear?" Everyone nodded. "The Tok'ra will give you all the help we can, but I don't think it will be enough, our resources are stretched enough we will probably only be able to supply some weapons and a small number of people." Jacob said solemnly.

"The Tollans! They might be willing to help us." Daniel said eagerly, "They are advanced and that walking through walls thing could come in handy." Sam, Jack, Teal'c and General Hammond nodded in agreement, but neither Martouf nor Jacob looked too sure. "They are happy on the Nox planet, the Nox don't agree with violence as you know and the Tollens would not do anything to upset the Nox as they are guests on their planet." Jacob explained. "But we should ask, they must realize that Amounet will try and destroy the Nox planet eventually."

"We can use the device they gave us to contact them and get them to open the gate." Martouf said.

"SG3 will be sent out when the Tollans have unburied the gate. I want all of you and any other SG teams you need to plan the attack to the second, nothing can go wrong, we are risking the lives of the entire population of Abydos." The general ordered and stood up to leave.

Daniel took a sip of the steaming hot coffee. Sam, Jack, Teal'c and himself had been sitting in the mess for over 3 hours coming up with a basic plan. He didn't like the idea or using the people of Abydos as bait. He had lived with them for over a year they where his family and if anything happened to them he didn't think he would be able to forgive himself. 'Amounet will go to Abydos eventually anyway.' He thought to himself. He was trying desperately to justify what they where going to do.

Even with the help of the Tollans and the Tok'ra they still wouldn't be any match to Amounet. She had destroyed Heru'ur, who was easily ten times more powerful then their combined forces would be. But everyone seemed convinced that the element of surprise would be her downfall, everyone except him that is. It might work and his wife would be dead and if it didn't work an entire civilization would die.

In his head he knew that the death of one person should be favoured over the death of many, but not when that one person was his wife. Suddenly Daniel decided he didn't want to know the plan, "Excuse me." He told his friends and then rose and left the mess.

Teal'c looked over at Jack after Daniel had left. "Is there something wrong with Daniel Jackson, O'Neill?" He asked. The behavior of his friends often confused him especially O'Neill's strange comments but it was unusual for Daniel Jackson to be so quiet. "I think he just needs to be alone, Teal'c." Sam explained to him, since Jack didn't offer an answer to his question. Teal'c nodded at Sam, "Then we should continue with our planning." He told Sam and then he was all business again. His concern for his friend was put to one side until later.

General Hammond and Colonel O'Neill waited in the gate room for SG3. They had been on the Nox planet for three and a half hours when the wormhole had been activated off world using their code. Colonel Makepeace was the first onto the ramp. To Jack's annoyance he was followed by Nareem and a female Tollan and then the other three members of SG3.

Colonel Makepeace and Nareem walked up to the General. "The Tollans have agreed to help and have sent Nareem to co-ordinate with us." Makepeace said.

"My people do not wish to come to your planet because of what happened last time so I am here to relay all the information back to everyone else and they will meet you on Abydos." Nareem said.

"Very well Nareem, we appreciate any help your people will give us. If you go with Colonel O'Neill he will explain the situation so far and or basic attack plan." The General said and then turned his attention to Makepeace and the rest of SG3, "Good job people, there will be a full debriefing at 16 hundred hours. Colonel O'Neill I would also like SG1 and our Tok'ra and Tollan representatives to be present."

"Yes sir." Jack replied.

Jack knocked on Daniel's door and waited for him to answer. He knew that he was at home because his car was in the parking lot. He hadn't been seen since he had left the base yesterday afternoon and he was starting to get worried. "Come on Daniel, I know your in there and I'm not leaving till we talk." Jack shouted and pounded on the door.

Daniel sighed, he knew Jack meant what he said, he'd stay there for hours if he had to. He rose from his seat and answered the door.

Jack didn't wait for an invitation, once the door was opened he barged in. "OK, Danny lets talk." Jack ordered and sat down on the chair that Daniel was sitting on. Daniel sighed and basically fell on the sofa. "We cant do this Jack, it's not right to risk all their lives." He said desperately. "I don't exactly think it's the best idea either, Danny. But I don't see any other option and I trust Sam's judgement." Jack replied honestly.

"Your not just agreeing with it because Sam's your lover are you?" He asked Jack. Jack looked very surprised at his question.

"That's got nothing to do with it Daniel, if anything I'd love to lock her away somewhere safe until all this is over but she would never forgive me. Besides you know Sam, she's smart and I trusted her with my life long before I even thought of her as anything more then a friend." Daniel nodded at his response and then they both entered into a comfortable silence.

After several minutes Daniel broke the silence, "Do you want a beer?"

TEN DAYS LATER

Everyone was ready to proceed with the plan. Daniel and Jack had even gone back to Abydos to explain to them what was going to happen. All of their old fighting friends who helped destroy Ra where all very willing to help so SG3 and 15 other marines where sent out to Abydos to give them a crash course on using automatic weapons and in hand to hand combat. The Tollans arrived on the same day and they also helped with their training. The Tok'ra had been sending supplies of weapons through the Stargate but had yet to make an appearance.

The plan was finally starting to come together. Now all they needed was General Hammond to give the go ahead on it.

"I'm sorry Colonel, but Major Carter is going to go on this mission like the rest of SG1. If she doesn't go Amounet will know it is a trap. Sam has made it clear to me that she wants to be involved and she knows the layout of Amount's ship better then anyone." The general said to a very unhappy looking O'Neill.

The Colonel had come into his office and tried to persuade him that Sam shouldn't go on SG1's special mission into Amount's ship. George couldn't blame the guy, if his wife had ever thought of doing something this risky when she was pregnant with one of their children he wouldn't have been too happy about it either.

"But sir..." Jack pleaded.

The general held up his hand to silence him. "Colonel I can understand your worry for Major Carter and your child but if I pull Sam out of this we will need a whole new plan and we just don't have the time. I'm sorry Colonel, Major Carter stays on the mission as planned." The general said. "Listen Jack you keep an eye on her, there is nothing else you can do. Dismissed." Jack rose with a sigh and left the generals office.

Jack watched Sam working in the lab, she looked beautiful when she was concentrating but then again she always looked beautiful to him. He still couldn't believe that in just over three and a half months he would be a father. A smiled played across his lips as he watched her absently running her hand over the slight swell of her belly. "Hey gorgeous." He called to her with a grin on her face.

She spun around in surprise. "You scared me! I didn't know anyone was in here." She said with mock anger.

"Tomorrow's the day." He whispered to her his grin fading.

"I know Jack, just keep telling yourself that everything will go according to plan and it won't seem so daunting. It's worked for me so far." Suddenly she gasped and clutched he stomach.

"Sam! Oh god what's wrong?" Jack asked frantically, his panic rising by the second.

He rushed over to her, she looked up and smiled, "I think the baby just moved!"

"My queen, the Tau'ri female is on Abydos." Martia told her queen.

Amounet laughed out loud. "It is safe to assume that the rest of SG1 is with her, including Daniel jackson." She purred with delight. "It's time to get your new host and become my king."

Martia smiled as her eyes glowed, "Yes my love. I will order the jaffa to set a course for Abydos immediately." Martia said and left the room.

Amounet looked down at her perfectly polished hails and yawned. "Soon my Daniel." She said to herself with a smile on her face. She braced herself for the change in velocity as she thought. The disorientation of going into hyperlaunch soon ended and she stood up and walked over to the shielded window.

Four jaffa entered the room and bowed down, "We will reach Abydos in 16 hours my queen," one of them told her.

"Very well." She replied not bothered to turn around and face them.


Part 8

Daniel looked over at Jack, who had spent the last ten minutes glaring at Martouf. They had been on Abydos for almost ten hours and there was no sign of Amounet. Martouf explained to anyone who bothered to listen that depending where Amounet was it could take her hours or it could take her days to get there. So of course Sam started asking him questions about the gou'auld ships, which lead to their lengthy conversation, which lead to Jack 's very bad mood.

'I wonder if Jack realises just how jealous he is of Sam's relationships with other men.' Daniel thought to himself. 'If the mission to The Land of Light is anything to go by Martouf and Nareem had better watch out!' Daniel smiled at the memory and rubbed his chin. Even though at the time it hurt like hell it made him realise just how strong their mutual attraction was.

Jacob and Nareem entering the room shook Daniel out of his thoughts. "We have detected two ships heading this way, they should enter the atmosphere in just over two hours." Jacob Carter said solemnly. Everyone was quiet, they hadn't anticipated two ships. The whole village was silent as word of the arriving ships was passed around.

For the first time Daniel felt fear. Before, none of it had seemed real, like a nightmare that you knew you where going to wake up from. The plan had seemed so easy, what if Amounet had figured it out?

"This could be a problem." Jack muttered sarcastically.

Jacob bowed his head and when he looked up Selmac spoke, "We do not have enough weapons to destroy both ships. If one of them stays in orbit we will have no way to destroy it without the rest of the Toc'Ra coming here." Everyone understood what he was trying to say. The Toc'Ra where not going to send anymore help because they could not risk their own destruction. Someone had to remain to fight the gou'auld.

"What if we get both ships to land? Wouldn't we have more of a chance?" Jack asked Selmac and completely ignored Nareem.

"We do not know how many jaffa Amounet has but if we had enough people to fight their way in we would stand a chance, but it would mean many people would be killed just trying to get in. It would be better if we could get in undetected."

Everyone was quiet, suddenly Nareem cleared his throat and grabbed everyone's attention. "I think we would be able to get in without anyone knowing." He said with a grin.

"Great, now all we have to do is figure out how to get them both to land and we have 30 minutes to do that if we want to be ready for them." Jack reminded, Nareem's smile of success fell at O'Neill's comment. O'Neill couldn't help feeling satisfied that he wiped the smile of the weird geek's face.

He could see Sam glaring at him from the corner of his eye, she seemed to be doing that a lot lately and he knew that most of the time he deserved it too. She didn't look as far pregnant as she was, in the combat gear she was wearing all he could see was a slight bump. When he had asked the doctor a while ago if it was normal for her to be putting on so little weight, she had just told him not to worry that both mother and child where perfectly healthy.

They hadn't even discussed babies names, every time he had tried to bring it up she would give him a look that would basically tell him to drop it. He had found the shopping bags from Mothercare in her wardrobe, she had gotten both pink and blue clothes as they didn't know what the sex was. At first he had been upset that she hadn't shown him what she had bought but didn't want to start an argument with her, they seemed to be doing that a lot as well. He pushed those thoughts to the back of his head, but vowed to himself that once they got back he would find a way to fix things with Sam.

20 minutes had come and gone and they still hadn't figured out a way to get both ships to land. At this stage all they could do was hope that both ships would land. Selmac had said that both would probably land unless their secret army was discovered and if it was, they would probably destroy the entire village from orbit. In those few minutes Daniel had grown to hate that Toc'ra, as he spoke there was nothing in his voice that showed he cared about what happened to the people of Abydos. All he cared about was himself and the other toc'ra, Daniel thought angrily. But some part of his mind understood that he was trying to stay detached, no matter who was killed the gou'auld had to be stopped. 'That should be the Toc'ra's motto.' He thought bitterly.

Everyone scattered, the tiny streets that where usually packed where silent. Most of the women and young children had been taken to the pyramid several kilometres from the village, although 30 or 40 stayed so Amounet would not get suspicious.

The Tollans had gone with them also as they thought the ships would land near to the old pyramid and it would be easier for them to get into the ships undetected from there. Most of the SGC forces along with the young natives where broken into teams of 5 or 6 and where scattered around the village and pyramid in desert camouflage. Even Daniel had to admit that the marines had done a good job on training the kids.

Daniel had no idea where the Toc'ra were. 'They are more of a backup plan,' Jack had told him earlier. 'If anything goes wrong or if someone fucks up they'll act as damage control.' When Jack had told him this he had almost laughed out loud, he had to bite his thong to try not to tell Jack the obvious truth. If Amounet figured it out, they didn't have a chance in hell, she would kill them all, even if it meant that she didn't get what she wanted. The Toc'ra wouldn't be able to stop her, they would be massacred just like everyone else.

Over the past few weeks, he had stopped feeling like he was betraying his wife every time he spoke cruelly of Amounet. When she had first become a host he was so mad at her for not fighting the snake, for letting it win. But after his return to Abydos one year after her abduction and seeing her and not Amounet had laid all those thoughts to rest. Sha're would never give up. She had proven this when Amounet had not told Apothis where we where after noticing Teal'c and I near the stargate.

Part 9

'My queen, we have arrived.' Martia informed Amounet. A large, cruel smile appeared on Amounet's face.

"Very good, inform the jaffa that both ships will land near the pyramid. Once we have landed send the jaffa out to get very woman and child. Tell the people of Abydos that if they do not give us our child we will kill their families." Amounet said as she examined her deep red nail polish. 'I want you, my love to take several jaffa with you and find your new host and his friend. Once we have the child and Daniel Jackson we will kill their children, perhaps it will teach them never to defy their goddess.'

'Yes my queen.' Martia replied her evil eyes glowing with joy. As she spoke she turned to the small window and watched as the ground slowly go nearer and nearer.

SIX HOURS LATER

It is official, if there is a hell, then this would definitely be it. Daniel thought to himself with a humourless chuckle. He surveyed the area around him, the bile rising in his stomach. Bodies where everywhere, as his eyes moved from one corps to another, putting the names to the now still faces, Connor, Ferenetti, Johnson, Williams...., the list went on and on. He gingerly touched his bloody forehead, it was still bleeding heavily. The blood dripping into his eyes making it difficult to see where he was going. In a way he was glad, he didn't have to look at the mangled corpses all around him.

How did it go so wrong? He thought to himself sadly.

The truth was, he had no idea, he was unconscious for most of it. 'We had been in the village, Jack, Teal'c, Sam and I.' Daniel recalled what had happened earlier. 'The jaffa attacked so fast that nobody had any idea what was going on. By some amazing piece of luck, we had managed to get away alive, although Sam had taken a shot to the lower leg, which again luckily enough wasn't too serious. We had taken shelter in a cave about a kilometre from the village. We had to at least make it look like we where trying to escape from the guards. Our hiding place was a purposely an obvious one as you could clearly see the cave from the village. 'When they attacked the second time we did not try to stop them. One of the jaffa had fired a shot at the opening of the cave. And I, being close to the opening, was hit by several large rocks that fell as a result. 'That was the last thing I remembered. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the cave floor with a splitting headache. It took me a while to realise that I was alone and was about 40 metres from the cave's opening. 'At the mouth of the cave is where I found the bodies. It looked like they had just been dumped there. There must have been about 20 bodies all either SGC personnel or the young Abydosians. I had quickly discovered that Sam, Jack and Teal'c were not among the dead, and that leaves me were I am now.'

As Daniel remembered what had happened earlier he knew that he would have to find either the Tollans or the Toc'ra if he had any hope of getting into Amounet's ship and finding out if his friends where OK. He stumbled through the bodies, making his way back to the village. A large crowd of very worried men and women greeted him. "Daniel, my friend, they have taken our children!" A middle aged man named Aro'thos screeched at him in his native dialect. "Why have you brought this curse upon us my friend? We always treated you well." The man demanded in an angry tone. Daniel couldn't believe it, they thought he had brought Amounet there to punish them!

"My friend," Daniel began carefully as he wiped the blood from his eyes. "I did not mean for this to happen, no one did, we will get them all back, I promise you. But I will need your help." The man turned around and began shouting into the crowd, soon he had the crowd canting...something, Daniel's mind could no longer make out what they where saying and the world was beginning to feel like a distant dream. He slipped soundlessly to the ground as he let the darkness consume him.

Sam opened her eyes slowly. Her head moved from side to side, taking in her new surroundings, she recognised it instantly. She was alone in a large lavishly furnished room, a gold coloured table dominated the room. This was where she had been taken over three months ago. She sat up quickly and instantly regretted it, she had the biggest headache ever and probably an even bigger bump to go with it.

But she wasn't worried about that. She placed her hand on her stomach and waited desperately to feel her child's movement. She relaxed when she got a swift kick in the ribs for her worries.

She looked around again, it looked exactly the same as it did last time, right down to the plates of food on the table. 'This sure brings back bad memories.' She thought to herself. Suddenly she realised what had happened. Just before she stood up she remembered she was shot in the leg. She looked down at the burnt flesh, bloody and oozing, but there was no pain.

"Jack?...Daniel?...Teal'c?" She called out hesitantly, hoping that no one else would hear her calls.

Sam sat still when she heard a feint knocking. "Major Carter? Are you injured." She heard Teal'c's voice, but she had no idea where it was coming from.

"I'm fine and you OK?" She called.

"I will live." Came his stoic reply.

When he answered her question she realised that his voice was coming from behind the wall to her left. She carefully stood up and limped over to the wall. "Now it starts to hurt." She whispered to herself as she sat on the floor by the wall.

"Major Carter?" Teal'c questioning voice called from behind the wall.

"Sorry Teal'c, I'm just talking to myself. Does this seem just a little strange to you?" She hissed. When she got no reply she began to worry, "Teal'c?"

"I am here, please explain your question." He asked.

"Well, here we are in these big fancy rooms with huge tables of food. I had to get tortured to get this kind of welcome the last time I was here. The last thing I would have expected was...this." Sam explained to him.

"I agree, this is most unusual. I have looked around my room, the doors are sealed there is no way out. I expect your room is the same?" He asked her.

"I... I don't know I didn't have a chance to check. Teal'c have you heard from Jack or Daniel?" Sam asked worriedly.

"I have not heard from either of them, you are the only one I have spoken to. Perhaps they are in a different area of the ship." He told her.

"I hope so too, Teal'c." Sam whispered to herself as she wrapped her arms protectively around her stomach.

Jack woke up with a splitting headache, at first he thought he was just a bit disorientated but then he realised that his world was upside down, literally. He was hanging upside down, his feet in chains that where hanging from the ceiling. He was in a bare, dark room. The only piece of furniture was a very uncomfortable looking chair in the corner of the room.

He was alone. Sam wasn't there. For an instant he breathed a sigh of relief that she wouldn't have to go through what he was going to have to go through soon, and he knew he wasn't going to be a pretty picture after it.

But Amounet wouldn't have any trouble killing Sam, the fact that she was pregnant didn't matter to her. For all he knew Sam and their unborn child could already be dead, or she could be going through the same thing he was. Hanging upside-down in a dark black room. The thought completely unnerved him. He had to get out of the room and find Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. They could still go ahead with the plan.

He reached up and pulled on the chains that where locked around him ankles. They seemed secure enough. It was no surprise to him that all his combat gear was gone leaving him in a T-shirt, trousers and boots. He always kept a small penknife in his boots and hoped that the jaffa hadn't noticed it. He wiggled his toes to see if he could feel it, a smile of success lit his face as he felt the cold metal of it through his socks.

He reached up and pulled the penknife out of his boot. At the same time he was looking at the chains, they looked like the chains he had seen in those Camelot movies, the locks where huge, and probably pretty easy to open. He opened up the largest knife and stuck it into the lock, after several minutes of fiddling around with it, the lock suddenly gave way releasing his left leg, he tried to hold on as he was swung around helplessly like a rag doll. The other chain broke as he was being spun around and he ended up in a heap on the floor. He quickly picked himself up and made his way to the door, it was locked, "Fuck!" he cursed as he kicked the door. He sat down with his ear to the door, trying to figure out what to do next. He jumped up as he heard footsteps coming towards the room. From what he could tell it was only one person. He stood behind the door hoping to surprise the guy as he walked in. He held his breath as the door was slowly opened, when he heard the jaffa gasp of surprise at the broken chains he jumped out and slit his throat before he could tell anyone else. The now dead jaffa fell to the ground and Jack dragged him into the cell. He stood up, looking at his bloody T-shirt disdainfully. He picked up the jaffa's staff weapon and took his zatgun from his belt. He walked out of the cell and shut the door behind him.

Part 10

Sam sat down heavily on the chair she had pushed up against the wall. She had spent the last fifteen minutes trying to find any way out of the room, but aside from going through the ceiling, which she couldn't do anyway because of her leg, the room was completely sealed. She carefully took off her boot and let it drop to the ground. "Teal'c, there might be a way up through the roof but I cant get up there, I think my leg is infected."

She said and yawned, she actually known that infection was setting in on her leg hours ago when she began to feel dizzy and drowsy but didn't want to worry Teal'c. But at this stage she had no choice but to tell him, she was having difficulty seeing straight and the baby was being very active. She was a little out of breath from the constant kicks in the ribs and lower back. "Sam," Teal'c started awkwardly, "We will get out of here, if I can get into your room we will be able to get out." Sam sighed, Teal'c wasn't big on motivational speaking, but he had spoken with so much feeling that she almost believed him... almost.

Jack entered what he guessed was the gou'auld elevator. He was lucky that he hadn't encountered any jaffa while trying to find his way around. It had taken him over 20 minutes to find the elevator as every door in this prison was exactly the same. It was even difficult to distinguish the doors from the walls. There was very little light and he had almost walked into the walls more times then he wanted to count. If he wasn't running on Special Ops mode he probably would have called the prison spooky as hell. The black/brown walls, ceilings, floors and doors made it look like a cave only in smelt worse then any cave he had ever been in. The silence was almost deafening, he was dreading the thought that he might hear Sam scream out in agony, but so far he had seen so sign of her, Daniel or Teal'c and he had checked every cell, twice.

Eventually he had come to the conclusion that he would have to get out of this part of the ship before they realised he was gone.

He somehow managed to get up a few levels though he didn't know how many. As the doors opened, they revealed the familiar golden hieroglyphed walls he had seen on other gou'auld ships. To him all gou'auld ships where exactly the same but that didn't mean he knew where he was going.

Now finding his friends seemed like an incredibly daunting task, the ship was huge and he didn't really know how to move between floors, it was sheer luck he had got one working earlier. And then he realised, he didn't even know if the ship had landed. If it had, his first priority was to find out if Amounet had any idea of their plan and then he would find the rest of his team.

He ducked behind a pillar as he heard the sound of heavy footsteps approaching. A peeked out from behind the pillar to see seven jaffa walk by, surrounding a young girl who looked about fifteen or sixteen. "Jaffa," The girl started in a distinctly gou'auld voice, "you go and check on the female tau'ri, the queen wants her alive." She said to one of the jaffa, who nodded obediently and headed off down the direction Jack had just come from. The girl then turned her attention to the six remaining jaffa. " I want to go back to the village and do the job you failed to do last time. If you do not bring Daniel Jackson with you, the queen we personally execute you all herself. The other guards nodded and walked off, he couldn't see what direction they where going in because he was afraid he might be seen, but he heard their footsteps walking down the corridor to his left.

Once he thought it was safe he quickly followed the first jaffa down the corridor. It didn't take him long to catch up with him, but he kept a good distance away from him and walked behind the pillars so he wouldn't be seen. Several minutes later he noticed that the jaffa had come to a stop outside a large door. Jack quietly crept up behind him, the zat gun in one hand and his penknife in the other.

As the jaffa reached forward to open the door he swung around, his staff weapon ready to fire. Jack was caught off guard by the jaffa's sudden movement and barely missed getting fried. He dived to the ground behind one of the pillars. He knew he had to disable the guard quickly, before he informed anyone else of his escape. 'Man I'd give anything for a grenade right now.' He said to himself as he dived behind another pillar, firing as he went.

He pressed himself up against the pillar, ready to move again if he had to. He listened for signs of movement. When he heard none, he peeked out from behind the pillar only to see the top of a staff weapon pointed straight at him.

Sam worked frantically trying to get the door open. She knew Jack was outside, she also knew a jaffa was there as well and that he might need her help. "Teal'c I cant open it. Are you sure the jaffa unlocked it?" She hissed in the direction of the wall. No matter how many snake hieroglyphics she tried, she couldn't find the one to open the door.

"I am sure, Major. The clicking sound you heard moments ago was the guard entering the code for deactivating the locking system. You must hurry, O'Neill does not have much time." Teal'c said in his, as calm as ever, voice.

Sam let out a frustrated sigh as she tried one symbol after another. If she listened carefully she could hear what was going on outside, she had just heard Jack saying he wished he had a grenade. Suddenly one of the glyphs turned and the door began to slide open. Sam grabbed for the nearest thing she thought she could use as a weapon, a metal lid off one of the plates of food. She slipped outside of the room, unknown to the jaffa, but Jack noticed and pretended to give up. Sam could almost see the jaffa's self satisfied smirk and took great pleasure in smashing the metal lid down on his skull. He fell to the floor with a thud. Jack fired the zat gun three times at the jaffa's unconscious body and he disappeared. Sam picked up his discarded staff weapon and limped over to Jack and gave him a quick hug. "Teal'c's in the next room, we have to get him out. Where's Daniel we assumed he would be with you?" Sam said, her expression worried.

"The didn't get Daniel, he managed to get left behind. Its typical that the one time we actually do want him go get captured is the one time he doesn't." He said with a grin and he guided Sam into the shadows behind the pillars. He looked her over and then met her eyes. His expression was worried. "Are you Ok? How's the leg? Can you walk?" He fired his questions at her.

Sam began limping over the door to Teal'c's room, using Jack's arm for support. "I'm fine, its not as bad as it looks and yes I can walk I'll just need a little help." She said, answering all three questions in one go. She had opened a panel, which revealed some sort of wiring and started pulling the wires out of their places. As she finished the door slid open and revealed a very relieved looking Teal'c.

"Major Carter, you are well?" Teal'c said as he stepped out of the room and noticed Jack standing behind her. "O'Neill, is Daniel Jackson not with you?"

"No, the didn't get him, he is probably still the cave." Jack said, telling Teal'c what he had just told Sam. He handed the staff weapon to Teal'c, leaving him with the zat gun. "Here take this," He ordered, "Your way better with it then I am. Come on, we have to find out if the ships have landed." He said as he offered Sam his shoulder to lean on and they began walking down the corridor.

After several moments he stopped and looked at Teal'c, "These ships don't have any sort of security camera's do they?"

Teal'c looked confused, "Are you referring to the little dark machines that are in the corners of the walls back at Stargate Command?" He asked and Jack nodded. "There was no devices of that nature on any of Apothis' ships. These ships were probably Apothis', I recognise the writings on the walls, they tell of Apothis' victories against his enemies." Teal'c said.

"So you know where you are going? Can you take us somewhere we can find out if the ship has landed, preferably somewhere that isn't crowded." Jack asked him. Teal'c was about to answer when, suddenly some sort of alarm went off.

"They've realised that we are not in our cells, we have to get out of here. Now!" Sam said urgently. They ran as fast as they could back to the elevator. They where almost caught several times by groups of jaffa running in and out of the elevators. They had been hidden behind the pillars for almost 5 minutes.

When the corridor was clear Jack hissed over to Teal'c, "We are never going to get onto another level from this elevator. Is there any other, less used, way we can move up to a different level? If we don't get out of here soon we will be caught."

Teal'c nodded. "There are service tubes running next to the elevator, they go down to level 45 and up as far as level 15."

Jack nodded, he didn't see any other way. "OK Teal'c you lead the way. Do you know what level we are on now, 'cos they all look the same to me." Jack shut up as they heard the sound of footsteps coming towards their position.

Sam did her best to even out her breathing, but the pain in her leg was making it very difficult. She was convinced that they would hear her heart bounding in her chest. She closed her eyes and mentally told herself to relax.

Once the jaffa had entered the elevator Teal'c walked over to a panel on the floor about a foot away from the elevator. While Teal'c was removing the panel, Jack looked worriedly over at Sam. She was sweating and shivering at the same time. Her hand was rested over her stomach and she was panting as if she had just run a marathon. "Sam?" He called worriedly.

Sam looked over at him, her face was flushed and he could see that she was in a lot of pain. "My leg's infected, I'm only going to slow you two down. I won't be able to move up the service tubes. Go without me." She said forcibly, knowing full well that she was going to have a lot of trouble getting Jack to leave her here.

Jack shook his head, "I'm not leaving you here, so don't even try it, Major!" He snapped at her irritably. Why was she so willing to give up? He thought to himself.

"Why don't you shut up and let me finish speaking!" She growled at him. "I'll only be getting in your way, I should go and find their shield generators, you can bet that once they realise what's going on, it will be the first things they switch on. I'll find some way to disable them and then I'll get off the ship."

Jack still didn't look convinced, "How are you going to disable it?" He asked.

Sam shrugged, "I've done it before I can do it again."

"O'Neill?" Jack turned around as Teal'c called, "We must go now." He explained.

Jack nodded, "Okay Teal'c, we'll be right there. What level is the shield generator on?"

Teal'c turned to face him looking confused, "We are no longer trying to find out if we are on the surface?"

Jack shook his head, "Sam is going to try and disable them, and then she'll get off the ship. What level, Teal'c?" He asked irritably, he did not like this idea one bit, but he knew that splitting up would probably be the best option.

"It is on level 17, two levels down. I do not think it is wise for Major Carter to go alone. There is probably more jaffa on that level then any other as it is also the level where the death gliders are stored."

Jack nodded and walked over to Teal'c, "I want you to go with Sam, disable the generator and get her the hell out of here, take her back through the gate. The doc will take care of her." Jack expected him to objet but instead he just nodded. "I will go with her, she needs medical as soon as possible."

Part 11

Daniel hesitantly opened his eyes, his vision was blurred but as it cleared he recognised the people staring down at him. "Wha...what happened?" Daniel asked them. But before they replied, his memories came flooding back. He sat up and looked around at the worried faces all staring at him. "Have the ships landed?" He asked the closest person to him.

The woman nodded, "Yes they have," She told him in her native language, "Close to the pyramids, in the morning, it is now near dusk, Daniel you must help us. We trusted you."

Daniel sighed. "We will get your children back, but I have to find my friends."

The woman looked at him curiously, "Your friends are dead, the jaffa put their bodies outside the cave, they killed our younger ones also." Daniel nodded as the memories of the dead bodies came back to him, it was a sight he would never forget. One of the women offered in a bowl of water with he excepted eagerly.

"What about the others, the Tollans, the Toc'Ra? I didn't see any of their bodies by the cave."

The woman nodded, "The Tollans are trying to get back our children, one went through the gate back to their world at noon and has not been seen since. The evil ones do not know they are here." Daniel nodded, at least the Tollans hadn't been discovered, they could still go ahead with their part of the plan.

"I must go and find the Tollans and the Toc'Ra, they are probably together, do you have any weapons here?" Daniel asked them as he stood up.

Aro'thos, the man he had spoken to when he first entered the village spoke up, "Yes, we have the weapons your people gave us before this all began, Kerann will fetch them." He said, indicating the man standing to his left.

Kerann nodded and disappeared among the crowd. "I will come with you and so will they," He said, pointing towards a very mean looking bunch of seven men. "You may need our help." Daniel knew by looking in his eyes that he wasn't going to take no for an answer so he just nodded sullenly, he didn't want to be the cause of the death of any more Abydosians. Kerann returned with the weapons several minutes later. The men said quick goodbyes to their wives and promised them they would bring back their children. The sun had set and it was dark enough to clearly see the stars. As usual on this world the temperature had fallen into to the early teens. They had one military issue torch between them, which they all knew they would have to switch off once they came closer to the pyramids. The journey was longer then Daniel had remembered. Maybe it was because it was dark or because no one really wanted to know what was going on less then 2km away. For all they knew they could be greeted by the dead bodies of the rest of the SGC teams, the Tollans and the Toc'Ra.

Daniel stopped in his tracks as he felt the barrel of a gun pressed painfully against his back. He noted that his companions had also stopped. Before he had a chance to open his mouth, a hand gripped his shoulder and forcefully spun him around. A powerful torch was shone on his face.

"Dr Jackson?" A familiar voice asked as the light was moved away from his face and switched off.

"Makepeace?" Daniel hissed, delighted that they now had a marine with them.

"Yeah, it's me." He said, "It's all gone to hell, 20 of us are dead. The bastards just dumped their bodies somewhere. What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on one of the ships?"

Daniel nodded, he turned on his torch at the lowest setting and looked at the faces of everyone around him. Four other men where with Makepeace, Smith and Jones and 2 Abydosians. They all looked tired, but uninjured. The men that had been with him where delighted to find two of their own still alive and where quietly filling each other in.

Makepeace sat down on the sand and everyone else followed suit. Daniel looked over at Makepeace and sighed, "Well are you going to tell me the rest?" He asked sarcastically.

Makepeace nodded, "We lost Ferenetti and the others pretty quickly. We where being massacred and the rest of us realised that we had to get the hell out of there, and fast. We split up into groups of 5 and have been striking the enemy any chance we get. Its real gorilla warfare out here now, Jackson. We make a few kills and then retreat again. So far its been successful, 81 confirmed kills, between all of us so far and a good few more where seriously injured. We have maintained radio contact with the other 11 teams. The bitch knows we are out here but she doesn't know about the Toc'Ra or the Tollans, which is our biggest advantage." Daniel nodded, maybe this wasn't a lost cause after all, he thought to himself.

"So have you been in contact with the Tollans or the Toc'Ra yet?" He asked Makepeace, who nodded his head.

"I haven't seen either but, team 4, Mc Donnagh's team met up with General Carter several hours ago. I spoke with him via radio, he said the Tollans where going to go ahead with their part of the plan and the Toc'Ra where going to work on getting the kids out of the way before everything goes, boom. He basically ordered us to be as big as a distraction as possible and that's what we have been doing." Daniel tried to suppress a smile, Makepeace obviously wasn't happy that all his military training was being used as a distraction.

"So, what happens now?" Daniel asked, since he knew the plan was still on schedule and the Toc'Ra where working on freeing the kids, he no longer had any idea what he was supposed to be doing.

"You all can stay with us, see how many more of those bastards we can kill before sunrise." Makepeace replied, it was more of an order then a suggestion.

"What about Sam, Jack and Teal'c?" They might need our help Daniel said eagerly. He was suddenly very worried about his friend's safety. "Sam was injured the last time I saw her, she might need medical attention." Daniel said worriedly.

Makepeace shook his head, "I happen to agree with you, Jackson. I think we should go in there and help them, god only knows what kind of condition they are in. But what ship? Face it, the Tollans are the only ones who have any chance of getting onto either of those ships and surviving." Daniel nodded glumly, Makepeace was right, they had no way of getting in undetected, unless...

"What if I actually let them catch me, again. I would probably just have to walk up there and say I'll give myself in if they give the children back. I mean, Amounet wants me right? It would buy all you guys a little time and she might even let the kids go, but I doubt it. I have to get in there and help my friends, Makepeace, I have a feeling they could be in real trouble."

Makepeace shook his head, "Its to risky, Jackson." He said and stood up, "We have to get going, we cant stay in one place for to long, now are you guys going to join the hunt and help us or will we just leave you here?"

Everybody stood up except Daniel. He was outnumbered, again. 'You think that after this long I'd be starting to get used to being ignored.' He thought to himself as he slowly stood up.

Teal'c had done as O'Neill had asked. After giving him directions to the gou'auld's living compartments, he took Sam down to level 17. They had to use the service tubes to get to there, Major Carter had become increasingly weak and in the end Teal'c had to carry her on his back. Once they reached level 17 he realised that she was unconscious.

"Major Carter?" He hissed, but it fell on deaf ears. She wasn't showing any signs of waking and he didn't know how to disable the shield generators without destroying the ship. He picked her up and carried her into what looked like a storeroom. He gently laid her down, he stood up and looked around.

Several large weaponry boxes filled the room, they had found one of the main weapon storage rooms. Amounet must have changed thing around because when he served as first prime of Apothis the nearest weapons room was 10 levels blow them. Teal'c pressed down a symbol on one of the boxes and it slowly slid open to reveal four concussion grenades, two staff weapons and six small communication orbs. He picked up two of the concussion grenades and attached them to him belt. He looked around as he heard Sam groan. He rushed over to her and helped her up. "What happened?" She asked as she ran her hand over her sweaty forehead.

"You passed out as we where climbing down the tubes, I carried you here. Are you well enough to disable the shield generators?" He asked as he carefully watched her. She had a fever and it was getting worse, they had to do the job and get out of there as soon as possible.

"I'll be able to do it Teal'c, I'll just need some help, that's all." As she spoke she surveyed her surroundings. She looked up at Teal'c when she saw the open box.

"I have taken two concussion grenades." He said pointing to his belt, "I thought they might be of use."

Sam nodded, "We can use them on the generators, I hope they work like our grenades do. It's not the safest way but I hope it will work." She said and gave him a weak smile, "We might need them to get out of here as well." She said as she limped over the box, with Teal'cs help and took the two remaining grenades.

Part 12

Amounet was getting sick of the screaming children. She was half tempted to kill them all just to shut them up. "Animals!" She muttered to herself as she stalked into the room. She grabbed the nearest child to the door, a young boy, and lifted him off the ground. "If you creatures to not shut up I will take the pleasure in killing every one of you myself!" She screamed at them in her host's native language, and dropped the boy. The room was now completely silent except from the occasional whimper from the younger infants. She walked over to the older man in the center of the room, who her host called 'father'. "You will tell me which is the child and I will let the others go." She told him angrily, she was fast loosing her patience with this senile old man. The man looked away from her, refusing to answer her. Amounet laughed and picked up one of the young babies, as this age they fascinated her. "I know the child is male, Kasuf, and is eleven months old. That should narrow it down a bit. Now if you don't tell me which one he is I will kill, every child older the eleven months and every female. Do you want the death off all your people's children on your hands?"

Kasuf appeared to be thinking about it for several moments. He stood, his face inches away from hers. "Let all the children who cannot be my daughters child go and I will tell you with one is he." He said and Amounet nodded in response.

"Very well. I will let them go." She said and turned to leave.

"No! I want to see them leave myself. I want to see them being greeted by their families on the top of the hill and then see them safely return home before I tell you anything." Kasuf demanded.

Amounet looked slightly unsure but then she nodded and a sly smile crossed her lips. "Very well, anything to have our child with us." She said and walked out of the room, leaving Kasuf to calm the very frightened children.

Jack finally hauled himself out of the service tubes. He felt like he had been climbing for hours. Although he had no idea what time it was as he had know watch, he had a feeling that it was quite late as the corridor was deserted. He began walking down the corridors, following the directions Teal'c had given him earlier. The one good thing about this place was that you could hear people coming long before they got anywhere near you, but the downside was that would had to be as silent as you could, which meant slowing down the pace considerably. And he didn't have time for that. Suddenly he heard a female voice curse loudly and he heard footsteps coming in his direction. He looked around franticly trying to find a hiding place, but found none, the pillars had ended about 200meters back and he wasn't going to make it there in time. Suddenly the wall in front of him started changing, it looked almost like the ripple effect when you throw a stone into a pond and was emitting a bluish color. A Tollan woman stepped through the wall and grabbed his wrist, "Come with me quickly, Colonel." She said and pulled him back through the wall.

A sudden wave of nausea overwhelmed him and he lost his balance. He thought he was going to fall until he felt the hard wall against his back. 'Wow! That was weird.' He thought to himself as he leaned up against the wall trying to get his breath back. He heard the footsteps of the person walking down the corridor and thanked the gods for getting him out of that mess. He looked around the room and was surprised and mildly disturbed to see Martouf was with the Tollan woman.

"O'Neill, you and your team are well?" Martouf asked seriously.

Jack shook his head, "We don't know where Daniel is and Sam's injured, I left her with Teal'c. He is going to try and get her off the ship. Ok, now my turn to ask a question, what the hell is going on?" Martouf looked down for a moment and when he looked up again, Jack recognized the familiar gou'auld voice and glowing eyes. But he couldn't for the life of him remember the name of the Toc'ra, Lanshy or something.

"Twenty of your men where killed along with several of the natives in the first attacks, since then the have been doing what Jacob referred to as 'gorilla warfare'. The Tollans have successfully infiltrated both ships and will be ready to move in along with the Toc'Ra as soon as we get your team and the children out of here. Another Tollan went with Jacob to find Major Carter and Teal'c. They are with them now and will stay where they are until they disable the shield generator. Then they will get out."

Jack looked relieved to know that Sam would be safe soon and then after a moment he looked, "What children?" He asked, not sure if he wanted to hear the answers.

"Amounet took every child from the village because they refused to tell her which one was the child of Apothis. She also took the hosts father, Kasuf. Kasuf managed to convince her to let the older children and female children go. That is when we will make our move."

Jack shook his head looking even more confused, "What move?"

Martouf dismissed with a wave of his hand, "There is no more time O'Neill, we must go now!" As he said this, the nameless Tollan nodded in agreement.

"They will be coming soon." As she spoke he heard lots of footsteps passing them outside in the corridor. Both Martouf and the Tollan nodded to each other. "Take my hand," She instructed Jack as Martouf grabbed her left hand. Jack, knowing what was to come, sighed and reluctantly took the woman's hand.

This time the disorientation was much worse, as they where constantly moving through walls. The only thing stopping him from falling flat on his face was the woman's firm grip on his hand. And then it was over, he took a deep breath to steady himself and to calm his churning stomach. The sound of babies crying caught his attention and he looked up. There where seven Tollan men and women and three Toc'ra moving about the room, picking up the children. One or two of the Tollans looked up as they entered but most where busy making sure the babies where unharmed. One of the Toc'Ra looked up and nodded at Martouf, who nodded back with a smile. The Tollan that was with them noticed Jack's confusion, "Amounet has taken the older children to be released, but she would not let the younger ones go, so we are taking them." She explained simply.

"We must hurry," Martouf said and Jack prepared himself for walking through the walls.

Daniel looked up as he heard Makepeace's radio come to life. "Alpha team to Charlie team." A vaguely familiar voice crackled over the radio.

"Charlie, team here. What's going on Greg?" Makepeace asked the man through the radio.

"We have been given orders to rendezvous two hundred meters from the ships and to be prepared to strike, we might be needed." The man called Greg, replied.

Makepeace gave a disgusted laugh, "Might? Greg, what the hell is goin on?"

Daniel heard Greg sigh over the radio, "Its kind of complicated. But we have to make sure the kids get as far way from the ships and then we get back to being the distraction again. Its showdown."

Makepeace nodded, "What time?"

"0600, so you've go two hours to get here."

Makepeace grunted, "Well, we'll only need 5 minutes he said. As we reached the top of a hill we spotted alpha team about a hundred meters away on the next hill. Makepeace and an airman, who's name Daniel couldn't remember waved over. Alpha team waved back.

Jack had no idea what was going on, this walking though walls thing was twenty times worse then traveling through the gate. He had no idea what direction they where heading in or if they where nearly there. He didn't even know where they where going. It became evident to him though, that they where slowing down so they must be getting near, right? Suddenly they came to a complete stop and Jack nearly fell on his face for the fourth time that day, or night, he wasn't sure anymore. Suddenly he realized that they where outside. They where in the shadows of the pyramid so one noticed them. Amounet was standing outside on the main steps up to the ship. In front of her where over 150 hundred children waking their way hesitantly down the steps. Next to her was Kasuf. Surprisingly there were only 3 jaffa with her, but the jaffa where standing right back in the shadows just as they were.

Daniel watched the scene before him, his jaw tight with anger. The children where terrified, he could see by the way they moved. He had a sudden urging to run down there and kill the bastards that had done that to them and then he remembered that he would be taking his beloved Sha'res life also. "Well, I'll be dammed." Makepeace whispered as he looked through his binoculars.

"What!?" Daniel asked eagerly.

Makepeace passed him the binoculars and pointed in the general direction." It was Jack, Martouf and a Tollan standing in the shadows about 50 meters from the jaffa and Amounet.

"We have to..." Daniel didn't get a chance to finish as he noticed the wall next to the jaffa turning a bluish color. "No..." He whispered to no one in particular as Sam, Teal'c, Jacob Carter and two Tollans stepped through the wall right next to the jaffa. Daniel didn't wait to see what happened next he just dropped the binoculars and ran.

By the time they realized their mistake it was too late, they had walked right into a group of real mean looking jaffa. Sam was too weak to try and fight. She stumbled a few meters away from the jaffa and then fell to the ground, while Teal'c, Jacob and the Tollans obviously continued to fight off the jaffa. Suddenly two of the jaffa fell forwards and as the looked up they saw Jack grinning at them but his smile faded when he didn't see Sam anywhere. "Where 's Sam?" Jack asked nervously. Teal'c quickly disposed of the remaining jaffa, he concern growing for his injured friend.

"Are you looking for her?" Called and evil voice from behind them. They turned around to see Kasuf lying on the ground, unconscious or dead and Amounet bent down over Sam's still body. She pulled Sam's head up by her hair to show them her face. "For your foolishness she will die!" She hissed and pointed her ribbon device at her forehead. Even in unconsciousness Sam's face distorted in pain.

Daniel kept on running, his heart thumping in his chest. He was less then ten meters away from them when Amounet started using the ribbon device on Sam. "No!" He screamed, running up the steps, half way up he stopped and aimed his staff weapon. "Let her go!" He shouted to Amounet. Amounet turned her head to look at him. An evil smile slid across her face, she stopped the ribbon device but kept a grip on Sam's head.

"You cannot kill me Daniel." She purred, "You are weak, I do not know why I ever wanted you to be the vessel of my king." She said and turned her head away in disgust. She raised her hand to Sam's forehead again and once again Sam's face distorted in pain, the only difference this time was that she was partly conscious. Daniel only hesitated a moment, then he fired the staff weapon. Sha're's body was thrown backwards and she hit the wall with a thud. Jack ran over to Sam. Daniel dropped the staff weapon and ran his wife's body. " He fell to his knees and took her head on his lap.

"Dan'yer..." She whispered quietly, her hand coming up to cup his cheek.

"Its ok, Sha're your going to be fine, we'll use the sarco..." Sha're placed her fingers on his lips.

"No...more, Dan'yer. No more, she must die." She said, her eyes where becoming heavy. "Love...y." And then she was gone. Daniel didn't try to hide his tears.

He body shook with the force of his sobs. "I love you too." He whispered and gently placed his hand over her unseeing eyes, closing them forever. In the commotion no-one noticed the small death glider leaving one of the ships.

THE END

And yes there will be a short epilogue to this soon and that's it! Hope you liked it.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sonya