Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Blood Will Tell

by Ayla Pascal
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Blood Will Tell

Blood Will Tell

by Ayla Pascal

Summary: "Martouf knows now how similar the Goa'uld and Tok'ra really are."
Category: Alternate Universe
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Martouf
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 08/30/06

He had never meant it to end like this.
It was a desperate measure at the beginning. They had stumbled upon a buried sarcophagus on a world empty of life. The High Council had protested but when Martouf's body had been injured beyond repair, it was decided that just once, just once, they could break their sacred law.
How stupid they were.
Martouf makes another futile effort to move an arm, a leg, a eyelash, anything, but it is completely useless. As it has been for the past six months.
However, at the beginning, everything was perfect. Sam was so happy to see him alive. He could still remember the way her face lit up as he sat up from the sarcophagus. And they had agreed that it was a dangerous technology, but not without its uses.
What fools.
He could still remember the day he first kissed Sam. Or Sam kissed him. They could never agree on which it was. It was as if Jolinar had returned to him. It was as if the impossible had happened.
He transferred to the SGC a few months after that and was given a position on SG-4. He had spent almost every moment they had free with Sam and they had been happy.
He never noticed how quiet Lantash was. How little he spoke.
When they were injured again, Lantash suggested the sarcophagus. "It won't do any harm," he had said and Martouf had agreed. After all, how many times had Daniel Jackson been in one?
Stupid.
He felt stronger that second time and dismissed it as the result of a better diet.
Fool.
Martouf knows now how similar the Goa'uld and Tok'ra really are. How many times had it taken for Lantash to turn? How long did it take for Martouf to come out of his Sam-induced haze to realise? How long did it take him to act?
Too late anyway.
"Sam," Lantash says with a smile as Same comes in the door. He kisses her on the lips, lingers, and Martouf feels sick.
It's inevitable now. The invasion of earth. The destruction of the SGC. The enslavement of Sam. Because there would be no way that the Goa'uld could ever turn down the opportunity to destroy one of their longest and most irritating opponents.
Martouf struggles, and tries to warn Sam. But Lantash just laughs at him.
"It's too late," he says when they're alone and makes Martouf's eyes flash. "We will win."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ayla Pascal