Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Beginning, The

by R G Fizz
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Beginning

The Beginning

by R. G. Fizz

TITLE: The Beginning
AUTHOR: R. G. Fizz
EMAIL:ramosginfiz@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Romance (S/J)
SPOILERS: Show and Tell
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 2
RATING: PG13
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Sam recognizes her feelings for Jack
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. Any resemblance to events or people, living or dead is strictly coincidental. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Feedback will be appreciated. No flames please.

This was not typical military bravado to run away from a conflict, I felt like I was taking a coward's way out. Too late and I was on a plane and on my way to D.C. I felt like my heart was breaking in two. No, I wasn't running away. I was going to clear my head. Yeah, clear my head. I just had to keep on thinking that. Then I thought about how I got myself into this situation.

Jack had been hit by a DWI driver and was severely injured. He was in a coma for almost two weeks, the whole SG-1 team took turns sitting with him. I spent the most time there because deep down I wanted to be the first face that he saw.

While sitting with him I talked to him about things at work until I exhausted the subject. Then I talked about how I felt about him, this was the only way that I could tell him. I was too embarrassed about how much I really cared for him and could never tell him to his face. However, some of what I said must have penetrated that thick head of his because after he woke up there was a change in the way he looked at me.

Major Waterson took temporarily command of SG-1. Our mission with him was a disaster, he almost got us killed. He suddenly cracked up and thought he was General Custard. He started firing wildly at the natives on P3J499. It was a running fire fight back to gate, and we were trying very hard not to injure the natives, with the exception of Major Waterson.

I was dragging him away from firing on the natives after the wormhole had been established when he turned and started attacking me. He hit me with his weapon, knocking me down several times. Teal'c had to stepped in and shoved the Major and myself through the wormhole. Upon coming through the wormhole Major Waterson screamed to General Hammond that he was bringing me up on charges of insubordination and mutiny.

I was taken to the infirmary for my injures. I had a gash on the back of my head from where I fell against the steps leading to the gate on P3J499. There was a cut just above my right temple that ran down to my right cheek from where the Major struck me with his weapon. I had a split lip and my face was already starting to show signs of bruising. I was still doubled over in pain from where the Major struck me in the stomach using the butt end of his weapon. I was just trying to get him back through the wormhole for his own safety and that of the natives, but he didn't see it that way.

Jack checked on Daniel who had a sprained ankle from our flight to the gate. Jack then stepped over to me. I had been bleeding profusely from the cuts on my head, so my hair was covered with dried blood. He took one look at me and grimaced. He then asked what happened. I briefly explained what had happened. As I was talking about our mission his eyes narrowed. It was obvious that he was getting more upset as I recounted the events. He apologized to me and then walked off.

Dr. Frasier had me stay overnight in the infirmary to make sure I was okay, and released me the next day. I was then placed on suspended duty until the insubordination charge had been settled. Over a week passed when Jack came by the house. He told me that he had a private talk with Major Waterson, he winked at me, saying that all charges against me were being dropped. I was so happy that I jumped up and hugged him and kissed him on the lips. He didn't seem to resist, instead he kissed me back.

Suddenly he backed away and just stared at me. I knew that I had just ruined our friendship and quite possibly ended my career. He tried to explain why he pulled back but I didn't want to hear it, I was too embarrassed by my actions and asked him to leave. He went out the door and I went into the living room and turned on the stereo, hoping it would distract me.

I was looking out the patio door when I felt his arms come around my waist and he pulled me back into him. He then started kissing my neck, it felt wonderful. He turned me around to face him and we started kissing each other. With each kiss we seemed to become more aroused, or at least I was. I gave in and ignored the alarms going off in my head. Again he suddenly pulled back and apologized. He stood back and didn't say anything. I asked what was wrong and he remained silent. I then walked over to the front door and asked him to leave, locking the door behind him.

I hadn't heard from him for a couple of days so I decided to drive by his house one night. I recognized the Ford Mustang outside his house, it was Sara's car. Early the next morning I drove by again and the car was still there. I had been parked half a block away when Jack and Sara exited the house, walking hand in hand. Before she drove off he leaned in and kissed her.

I then quietly pulled away and chastised myself for acting like such a fool. He was still in love with Sara. I had blown our friendship by kissing my CO. It was now just a matter of time before I was removed from the team.

Instead of waiting around for the ax to fall, I decided to use some of my down time and left town . I hopped on the first transport out which was going to D.C. I was running away from my pain, running away from him.

I checked into a hotel and went to one of my favorite hangouts in D.C. There was Major Michael Conners USAF, my ex-fiancé, and he was heading my way. I wondered if he was still upset with me.

Before I moved to Colorado I had been trying to think of a way ease out of my relationship with Michael. He was too serious minded for me. Then suddenly I got lucky and the Stargate program was a go. I had less than 24 hours to get to Cheyenne Mountain to make the trip through the gate. I had to leave so suddenly I never gave him any notice, until a few months later. I told him that I had moved and would call him sometime.

I realized that I ran away from Michael, just like I was running away from my problem now.

"Sam! Earth to Sam! Where are you?" Michael asked.

"I was just thinking about a formula that I was working on" I lied. He believed anything I said.

He then suggested that we go out for dinner which we did. Afterwards we took a walk in the park. I don't even remember what was said because I was so caught up in my own thoughts. My mind was numb, I couldn't think straight.

Suddenly Jack kissed me and laid me down on the bed. He started undressing me and kissing me, I was so aroused. He said, "Sam, I've missed you so much." Upon hearing the voice, I realized that it was Michael, and not Jack. I pulled away and told Michael to stop.

He said that he still loved me. He said that he wanted to pick things up where we left off. He then told me that he still wanted to marry me. I told him that I needed some time to think. He continued to try and undress me, I had to shoved him off of me to make him stop. Why couldn't he be a gentleman like Jack? I pushed Michael out the door and said that I'd call him.

I brushed off my clothes as if something was on them, I felt so dirty. I took a shower and scrubbed until parts of me had turned red from the scrubbing. I had scrubbed so hard trying to wash away the image of Michael touching me. I didn't want anything to do with Michael. I wanted Jack, but I couldn't have him.

The next morning I packed my bags and hopped the next transport which was going to Florida. I was running away again. I made it over to Pensacola and watched the Navy jets flying around. I remembered the last time I was in a jet, I was on a bombing run.

I managed to coax a trainer into allowing me to do a ride along in a jet. I had almost forgotten how much I loved flying. This was perfect for clearing the head. I was so jazzed when we came down. Then I remembered how much I loved flying. I was joking around with some of the other pilots, when we all decided to spend the next day at the MGM theme park. We spent the day riding as many fast rides as possible.

When I returned to my room I collapsed on the bed, knocking over my suitcase. I spotted a journal that had fallen out of my bag. It had been a Christmas present from Jack. He told me that I should start my own journal of our missions.

I hadn't written in the journal since Jack went into the hospital. I picked up the journal and hurled it across the room. I was mad at myself for bringing it on this trip. I thought I had gotten him out of my head for the time being. I was wrong.

My return flight was landing back in Colorado and it was time to go back and face the music. I checked my face in a compact mirror and reminded myself that I could face whatever lay ahead of me, even a court martial. I was half expecting air police to greet me with steel bracelets, and was happy that they were no where in sight.

All night long I tossed and turned. When the alarm went off in the morning I felt more exhausted than when I went to bed. I showered and remembered that I forgot to check my messages last night when I got in. There were over twenty five.

Message 1..."Sam, this is Jack. I need to talk to you. Call me when you get in."

Message 2... "Sam, it's Jack again. I really need to talk to you so call me when you get in, no matter what time you get in."

Message 3... "Hi Sam, its Janet. Just wanted to know if you wanted to go out to a movie tonight? Call me, okay?"

Message 4... "Sam, its Jack. Where are you? We really need to talk. You can call me any time of the day or night. If I'm not home beep me."

Message 5... "Sam, this is getting ridiculous. Call me as soon as you hear this."

Message 6... "Sam, what gives? Where are you? Call me, that's not an order but a request."

Message 7... "Okay Sam, where are you? I've beeped you and left messages and either you're trying to ignore me or you're not home. Call when you get home call."

I finished the messages and all but one was from Colonel O'Neill, all saying the same thing. ‘Call me.'

There I said it, he's Colonel O'Neill. "Colonel O'Neill, Sir!," I shouted out loud. I had to remember he was my CO and that was how things had to be. He could no longer be Jack, he was my CO.

I deleted all of his messages and decided that the rest of my life would not be spent pining over what never was, and what never could be.

I arrived on the base earlier than usual, checking if the locker room was clear so it could become the ladies locker room. I put the *Ladies Locker Room/ Female Personnel Only* sign out and closed the door. At my locker I was changing from my street clothes to my fatigues. I was buttoning up my shirt when my locker door was slammed close. I looked up and saw him.

"Colonel, this is the ladies locker room right now. Will you excuse me so I can finish getting dressed?" I was standing there with my pants unzipped waiting to tuck my shirt in. Suddenly I was conscious of my appearance and zipped up my pants.

"Where have you been?" he inquired.

"Sir, I've been on down time."

"I know that you have. I've been trying to get a hold of you."

"I know, you left me plenty of messages," I replied.

"Then why didn't you answer any of them? We really need to talk."

"Sir, may I remind you that this is the ladies locker room at this time and if you need to address me about work, might I suggest it be after this morning's briefing."

There was anger in his eyes. I suddenly got scared and was afraid that he might make a big scene, or worse yet follow through and file charges against me. I gathered up the rest of my stuff and headed out the door.

"This is now the men's locker room, Sir. I'll see you at briefing, Sir."

I walked out the door and knew that I had done the right thing. Upon exiting the door I removed the Ladies Locker Room sign. Just then I heard a loud bang of something hitting a locker very hard. I could tell he was upset. I then headed to my private quarters.

During the briefing General Hammond welcomed me back to active duty with SG-1. He then asked if I felt up to a mission. There was a scab on my face, and the swelling and bruising had finally gone down enough and faded so it could be hidden by makeup. He then announced that he had received a message from my father, requesting that I meet him. The General advised that this was an intelligence trip only and asked if I felt up to it. I told him that I was ready. He announced that we would ship out in two hours minus Colonel O'Neill who was still recovering. Every one looked up at Jack and smiled, but when I looked up at him he just glared at me.

Once on the other side of the gate I was greeted by Selmac. Selmac advised that they had managed to get an update on the Ree Tou rebels. He said they had moved from the planet where we had done reconnaissance on them previously. He said that Charlie has been working closely with them in trying find out where they could have fled. He then handed me two more TER's for us to use at the base to detect the Ree Tous.

He could see that I was troubled and so he pulled me off to the side. Then my father spoke to me.

"Sam, what's wrong?" inquired Jacob Carter.

"Nothing Dad. Why?"

"Come on now Sam, do you really think that you can fool your old man?"

"Dad, its nothing."

Jacob then grabbed his daughter's hands and looked into her eyes. He could tell that whatever was troubling her was painful.

"Now tell me what has you so upset Sam?"

I then proceeded to tell him how I had made a mistake and ended up kissing Colonel O'Neill. Dad stood there with no expression on his face and just listened. I then told him that I really thought that Colonel O'Neill had feelings for me but when I drove by his house, his wife's car was there.

"His wife?!!" quipped Jacob.

"Dad, it's complicated. She left him during his first Stargate trip because he had emotionally left her after the accidental death of his son."

He stood there looking at me. I was expecting a lecture on military regulations, I had heard it enough while I was dating Michael in D.C. I certainly didn't expect to hear what he told me.

"Sam, you're a big girl now with a good level head on your shoulders. I've always been proud of all of your accomplishments..."

"...BUT!!," I interrupted.

"But nothing" he said. "I think that you're smart enough to figure things out for yourself. When it comes to matters of the heart, one can loose their head. So just be careful."

I smiled at him. I then said that I had something else to tell him.

I paused for a moment then looked down at the ground and said, "I went to D.C. Dad. I saw Michael."

His expression changed quickly to one of concern.

"Michael asked me to move back to D.C. to be with him. He also said that he wanted to take up where we had left off. Dad, he still wants to marry me."

"So what did you tell him?"

I was quiet and looked down.

"Sam, what did you tell him?" he said in a stern voice.

"I told him no, sort of. I just got on a plane and left."

"I thought you use to be so in love with him. Why did you leave?"

"Things have changed so much between Michael and me. And besides, I just can't leave the Stargate project. I might not be able to see you again."

"Are you sure that's the reason? Do you still love him?" he asked.

"I don't know...No, I don't think so. No I'm not in love with him."

"Did you kiss him?" he asked.

"DAD!!!"

"Answer me. Did you kiss him?" he insisted.

I suddenly felt like a 13 year old being grilled by my father. "Yes dad, we kissed."

"Then answer this Sam. Did you enjoy the kiss?"

"It was okay I guess. It was just a kiss. It was okay."

"Hey kiddo, who are you trying to convince? I know you better. It wasn't the same as when you kiss your Colonel, was it?" he stated.

I stood there wanting to think over my answer when suddenly I blurted out, "No, it wasn't as good as when Jack kissed me. I felt like I was cheating on Jack when I kissed Michael."

"I thought just as much" he said.

"What do you mean dad?"

"You my dear little girl, are in love with Colonel Jack O'Neill, no matter how hard you try to fight it. I can see that it's tearing you up inside. So for my sake as well as your own, talk to him earnestly about how you feel. Don't hold back. He's a strong enough guy. He can take it."

I smiled at him and said, "Dad, when did you get so smart?"

"I got smart with I blended with Selmac, but you don't have to be a scholar to see that you care for ‘your' Colonel. Don't worry Sam. Everything will work out." He smiled at me and gave me a big hug.

We then walked back to the rest of the group. Daniel and Teal'c were ready, so we punched up Earth and went home.

The Colonel was waiting for us as we returned through the gate.

"Get a chance to talk with your father, Sam? How's he doing?"

"Yes I did Colonel. Thank you for asking. He's doing fine" I said in a calm voice.

General Hammond announced that debriefing would be in an hour. I asked Daniel and Teal'c if they would let me clean up first in the locker room. I used the excuse that I needed to call a friend in D.C. in order to get into the locker room first. I wasn't planning on calling anyone, I just wanted to get clear of Col. O'Neill for the moment and clear my head.

Col. O'Neill sat in on the debriefing and was unusually quiet for most of the debriefing. After we were dismissed Col. O'Neill asked if he could talk to me for a moment. Was it time for our show down?

"So who did you call in D.C.?" he asked.

"I called a friend Colonel."

"Was it one of your friends you saw while we were last in D.C.?" He stressed the "we" part.

"If you'll excuse me Colonel, I have to get back to a project in the computer lab. I've fallen behind schedule and I need to finish up some paper work." I had managed to avoid answering his question.

I walked out of the room suppressing a big grin because I had escaped the conflict once again. While exiting the room I walked in the strictest military way so there was no swagger in my hips. I could feel his eyes on me as I left the room.

Here we go again. Friday night and no date, this was becoming too familiar a thing. The timer went off and I pulled the bread sticks out of the oven and took them to the table where my spaghetti dinner was waiting for me. I had just taken a bite of my salad when I heard a knock at the door. I looked out the peep hole and saw him standing there.

"Who is it?" I ask, knowing its him.

"Hi Sam, its me. I want to talk with you if you've got a minute."

I opened the door allowing him in, secured it behind him. He smells the food and says, "Something sure smells good. Did I interrupt anything?"

"Just dinner Sir. Would you like some? I have plenty."

"If it's not too much trouble I would appreciate it."

"No trouble. Hang up your jacket and take a seat at the table." I told him.

He looks around and is relieved when he sees only one plate. I asked if he would like some wine with dinner and he said yes. I set down the plate and pulled out another wine glass. I knew he was there for a reason. I had been avoiding him all week and now I couldn't avoid him, I was trapped.

We sat there eating with barely any words passing between us. He kept on complimenting me about the food. One thank you is sufficient, more than that is annoying. The next time he comments on how good the food is, I'm going to throw something at him.

He then spoke up and said, "So Sam, did you enjoy your down time?"

"It was fine Sir. I went to D.C." He keeps skirting around the issue, so whatever he wants to say must be important or difficult to say. I guess tonight was as good a time as any to clear the air between us. I wasn't going to have my heart ripped out to hang in the wind anymore.

He then cleared his throat and said, "Sam, I want to talk to you about my actions before your trip..." the phone rings interrupting him.

"Excuse me sir, I need to get that. I'm expecting a call," I was lying.

"Certainly," he says reluctantly.

"Hello? Michael?! Can you hang on a minute please?"

I walk back towards the kitchen and ask the Colonel to excuse me while I take the call very quickly in the bedroom. I told him that I would be back in a minute and then he could talk.

I walked into the back bedroom with my cordless phone, wondering how Michael got my number. When I got back on the line I asked that question. Michael explained that he had to call in several markers to get my phone number. I then asked Michael what he wanted. He asked why I left D.C. so quickly the other day. I told him I had things to do. He continued to talk, but I could only think about the man in my kitchen.

Finally I decided to tell Michael that I wasn't interested in seeing him and that he needed to loose this number. He kept on trying to talk to me, so I hung up on him. I took the phone and walked back towards the kitchen where Col. O'Neill was anxiously waiting.

"Excuse me Colonel, I had to take that call" I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"I understand. Now I really do need to talk to you about...," and again the phone rings.

I answer it, it was Michael. I told him that I couldn't talk right now and asked him to hang up, but he didn't. So I hung up on him again.

Then Col. O'Neill blurted out, "Sam, I've been trying to talk to you for more than a week about the...," again the phone rings.

I excuse myself again to answer the phone. "Hello. No, I can not talk right now. GOOD NIGHT, Michael!" and hang up the phone again.

"Who is Michael?" he asks.

"He's Major Michael Corners USAF, my ex-fiancé."

"Ex-fiancé? Since when? What did you do while you were in D.C.?" he asks in a frustrated tone.

"I ran into Michael while I was in D.C. He wants me to move back to D.C. to be with him. He wants to marry me." I said in a soft tone.

"Is that what you want to do? Do you want to quit the Stargate project to be with him? Sam?"

"Colonel, we all have things from our past that we don't want to talk about. Let's just say that this is one of those subjects."

"Answer me Sam. Do you want to go back to D.C.?" he insists.

"Why are you so concerned? What's your problem Colonel?" I asked.

"You're unhappy and...and I'm just looking out for you" he said. "After all I promised your father that I would look out for you."

"So who are you, the blue bird of happiness? I haven't exactly seen you happy. You grouse around the base so much and act as if you're always unhappy. What, do you think that you're the only one who can be unhappy? Can't I be unhappy?" I said sternly and sarcastically.

"Do you want to be unhappy?" he asks in a similar tone.

The phone rings again saving me from replying. I see by the caller ID that its Michael.

"Damn him. Can't he take a hint?" I say in frustration.

I answer the phone and tell him that I don't want to talk to him. He starts asking what's the matter and what is going on.

Col. O'Neill grabs the phone out of my hand and in a very brutish way says, "Sam said that she doesn't want to talk to you anymore. CATCH THE HINTFLY BOY! Leave her alone and fly away before I rip those wings off of your uniform and give you a pair to wear on your way to heaven!"

The Colonel then hung up the phone and sent it hurtling across the living room striking the floor, causing it to break apart.

"Colonel! What the hell are you doing? That was my phone and my phone conversation. I don't appreciate that nor what you did to my phone." I yell at him.

"Don't worry about it, I'll buy you a newer and better model phone. I'm tired of the interruptions" he said. "I've been waiting for over a week to talk to you and I'm tired of waiting."

"So talk already, or do you need to break something else?" I quipped.

He was enraged, and suddenly I was a little bit scared. What if he decided to become violent with me? He might be stronger than me, but I'd give him one hell of a good fight.

He then asked me to sit, so I plopped down in the chair by the couch crossing my arms in front of me.

"So talk already, you have my attention" I reply in a hostile tone.

He walked to the patio door looking out, then walked back to the couch. He started to say something but stopped before it was uttered. He then returned to the patio door and looked outside as if he was searching for something. I could see that he was very upset and I decided that I had enough of his nonsense.

"If you're just going to pace around the house Colonel, you can do that at home."

He turns around and says, "I didn't come here to pace. I wanted to talk to you about my actions and kissing you the other day when your charges were dismissed."

He had finally spit it out. Now he was going to lower the boom about him and Sara being back together. I wasn't about to give him the chance to hurt me, I was going to beat him to the punch.

In a cocky tone I said, "Look Colonel, it was a mistake. I passed by your house the other day and I saw you and Sara together." "If you're trying to say that you and Sara are together, I already know that. So if that's all you have to say, Good Night, SIR!"

His mind was reeling from what he was hearing. Now he realized why she had been so hostile towards him. She was jealous, that meant that she cared for him too and he hadn't been imagining things. Now he was nervous because he wasn't sure if his next move would be the right move.

"Sam, there has been a big misunderstanding" he said.

"Yes sir I know. I made an error and I'll request a transfer..." stopping in mid sentence because he placed his hand over my mouth.

"CARTER!" he said in a loud commanding voice. My eyes opened wide, showing the fear that I was feeling at that moment.

Then in a softer tone he said, "Shut up a minute, okay?!! Let me finish." He cleared his throat and spoke.

"First off I came here to apologize for kissing you and then running off. I was kicking myself the whole way home. I wanted to come back inside and kiss you more, but when I tried the door the second time it was locked. I wanted to see you the next day, but I was busy speaking with an attorney concerning some important legal business."

"What your Last Will and Testimony?" I said sarcastically.

"No. I went to get my papers all in order so I could file for a divorce from Sara" he said.

I retorted with "So how come she spent the night at your house? I saw you two kissing?"

"I don't know what you think you saw Sam" he said. "Sara was just gathering up some things she left in storage. We talked all night and resolved a lot of things between us. I told her that I had filed for divorce because it was time for me to start living again. She told me that it was about time, and that she was about to file a divorce on her own. Sam, Sara's engaged to be married."

At hearing that my jaw dropped to the floor. I was stunned.

"I loved her because she was my wife and we had Charlie together, but I'm not in love with her. When you saw me kissing her, I was kissing her good-bye" he said.

I was still sitting trying to catch my breath, I was still in shock over what he was saying.

"I'm a firm believer of not leaving any loose ends. I don't like things hanging over my head" he said in a soft voice.

"What loose ends, sir?"

"I knew that if I was ever going to kiss you again Sam, I would need to be free from my past. That was why I filed for a divorce."

I looked up into his brown eyes and could see that he meant every word. When I heard this all of the pent-up anger drained out of me. I suddenly felt weak, I just had the rug pulled out from under me. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. No, this wasn't right. I was suppose to be angry with him. I felt empty,...no numb. I didn't expect this at all.

He then softly said, "I been wanting to do this since I filed."

He leaned down and kissed me. Very gently at first, testing to see if I would object. I responded by kissing him back, and his kiss deepened. I was lost in his kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and fell into his kiss. He knelt down to be level with me, and pulled me to the edge of the chair.

Still kissing, he stood up pulling me up with him, holding me tightly against him. My tip toes were barely touching the floor. With every second our kisses deepen, bringing out the passion that we both felt for each other. I was totally enveloped in his arms and his kisses.

He was kissing me softly and stopped. I opened my eyes to look into his beautiful brown eyes that mesmerized me. He used a finger to follow the trail of tears that had been flowing from my eyes. He wiped away a tear that was falling down my cheek and said, "No more sad tears Sam." I slightly shook my head, agreeing with him.

He started softly kissing my neck by my ear and whispers, "Sam, say that I'm welcomed here, please!"

"You're always welcomed here sir" I reply.

"No, not Colonel O'Neill. Is Jack welcomed to come here and kiss you?" he asked.

"Yes Jack, you're welcomed here and so are your kisses."

We both smiled and start kissing again.

After coming up for air a few minutes later I looked past his shoulder and saw the mess in the kitchen. I told him that I needed to clean up the kitchen. I was surprised when he volunteered to help. He said this way it would be cleaned twice as fast. He was helpful and in no time the kitchen was clean.

I had just closed the dishwasher when he came up behind me. He put his arms around my waist and started kissing my neck. His kisses were so electrifying, sending charges excitement through me and causing my body to tingle all over. I leaned back into him encouraging him to continue. He continued kissing my neck as he slowly turned me to face him. I then looked up in his eyes.

"Sam, I've been wanting to do this for such a long time and now I don't want to stop" he said softly in my ear.

"Are you sure about this Jack? It is against regulations." I chimed.

"Sam, do you want this to stop?"

"No" I whisper.

"I'm so glad to hear that, because I don't want to stop. We'll just have to be careful." He kissed me, lifting me off the floor and holding me tightly against him. I couldn't believe he had so much strength after the accident. The kiss deepened and I opened my mouth anxiously accepting his tongue into my mouth to dance together with my tongue.

When we stopped to catch our breath I said, "Jack, are you okay? I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"I'm okay. As a matter of fact I'm better than okay. I'm great now that you're in my arms" he replied.

"Careful, you'll hurt yourself lifting me."

"No I won't" he said kissing me and sliding his tongue back into my mouth.

His kisses were so passionate. Only in my dreams had I ever imagined that he could be so passionate. Each time we kiss it seemed as if there was electricity passing between us, we were that excited. At this rate we'll soon build up enough electrical energy to power the Stargate.

I slipped out of his embrace and grabbed the wine bottle and glasses off the table. I walk through the living room and turn towards the kitchen where Jack was still standing. Then in an alluring tone I say, "Jack, care for some more wine?"

"Yes, I would" he replied.

"Then follow me," I said while wiggling my finger for him to come to me.

"Yes ma'am. I'll follow you to the end of the galaxies" and he quickly closes the space between us.

He follows me into the bedroom where I set the wine and glasses down on the night stand. I go over to my dresser drawer and pull out a scarf, draping it over the lamp before turning it on. It was wonderful mood lighting.

Jack locked the bedroom door, and suddenly he was behind me kissing the nape of my neck. I broke out with goose bumps up and down my body. I was breathing rapidly trying desperately to control the excitement that I was feeling at this moment. As he was kissing me, his hands start to explore parts of me that had dared not touch before this time. I was emitting soft moans of excitement as he touched me, which seemed to excite him just as much. His kisses were sending wave after wave of excitement all over my body. I had longed for him to kiss me and to touch me in this way for such a long time, I was having a hard time controlling myself.

"Jack" I say softly.

"Yes?!" he replies in between kisses.

"To the end of the galaxies?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"To the end of the galaxies, there and back again" he replied.

He slowly turns me to face him, kissing my neck the whole time he's turning me. He then looks me in the eyes and says, "I'll go to the end of the galaxies and back again for you Sam." He then seals it with a passionate kiss.

I woke up and hesitated opening my eyes. If this was a dream I never wanted to wake up from it. Then I felt his arms wrapped around me and his body spooned up against me. It felt so wonderful. I didn't want to move.

"Good Morning Beautiful!" he softly says in my ear.

That makes me smile. I then said, "Good Morning Jack. I didn't want to move because I was afraid that last night might have been a dream and that I'd wake up and you weren't here."

"Last night wasn't a dream Sam. It was the beginning. The beginning of a new journey for both of us."

I breathe in deeply and pull his arms tighter around me as he snuggles up closer to me. I hear his breathing slow down. I take this as a cue and relaxed in his arms waiting for sleep to overtake me. I no longer had to just dream about him, he was real, and he was here with me.

He places a gently kiss on my shoulder and whispers, "Go back to sleep Sam. I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here."

I close my eyes, listening to him breathe. I feel so safe, secure and happy in his arms. This feels so right. I smile again and drift off to sleep.

~~~The Beginning~~~

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to R. G. Fizz