Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

You Sang to Me

by Cindy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
You Sang To Me

Cindy

Title: You Sang To Me
Author: Cindy
Email: sg1phileshipper@skynet.be
Category: Romance
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: none
Season: 4
Rating: G
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: None given.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.

I still can't believe it. We just came back from another of those planets. I can't even remember the name. It was P7R and something. All that is not such a surprise. I am paid to discover these planets. But I think I'll remember our return for the rest of my life.

Colonel Jack O'Neill, my commanding officer, had been flirting with me all day. Well, he always does that, but now I felt like he was trying to make something clear. We always flirt while away on missions. But recently the flirting has been growing to something. And I don't know if I should be glad. Of course, I've had this thing for my CO since I first met him. But it still is against the rules and I don't know if I want to ruin our beautiful friendship and the best team SGC has. Excuse my want of modesty, but that's the way it is. SG1 is indeed the best team on the base.

Let's cut to what's most important here. Jack asked me out. Really asked me out. Not to do some scientific stuff for him, but to have a quite dinner with him. I didn't know how to react. I think I was shocked at first, but after I overcame this I started thinking about it. There were so many reasons why I should say yes, and only one reason why I should refuse. Call me stupid, but I kept playing this only non-reason playing over and over again in my head. It's against regulations. You can't do it. If they find out, they will split you up. You will go to martial court if you accept. And so I cut the apple in two and told him I couldn't.

His face showed shock. For the first time since I met him, he didn't know what to say. I think I ever hurt him, but he was trying his best to hide it. He just nodded and left. My heart wrenched at the sight and I felt a pain going through body and soul. And as funny as it may sound, I didn't want to loose him. I mean loose him as a friend and a teammate. Even if we could be so much more, I don't want to loose that little thing that we have. I can't put my finger on what it is, but I think it is too soon for us to do something about. I know three years is a long time, but not long enough. I'm not really sure what I feel for Jack.

I am standing in my shower at home - yes, I am home for once- and I let the warm water spread over my body. It's so nice to be able to take a shower at home for once and I enjoy it. Although I could be getting ready for something very important, I think I will enjoy a quite evening spent at home. I will make some popcorn, grab a Pepsi Max and curl up in front of the television. On my way home, I have rented "Runaway Bride" and I intend to enjoy almost two hours with Richard Gere.

I am getting a blanket out of the closet when I hear the microwave ringing. I think my popcorn must be ready. I throw the blanket on the couch and rush to the kitchen. I grab the big bowl of popcorn, set it down on my table and sit down in the couch. I threw the blanket over my legs and make myself comfortable. I grab my remote and I'm about to push the play button, when I hear a soft knock on the door. I almost growl out loud, but I'm able to control myself. I get a look through the peephole and I see a very relaxed and good-looking Jack O'Neill standing there. I overcome my first shock and open the door.

"Hi Sam. I hope I'm not interrupting something."

"No, I was just about to watch a movie."

"What are you watching?"

"Runaway Bride."

"Nice pick, Carter. Actually I came over to talk to you. I am sorry for earlier. I shouldn't have invited you. A CO shouldn't be asking his 2IC out."

"That's okay, Sir. I was just surprised, that's all. And maybe I'll explain you sometime why I said no."

"I think I know."

"Do you wanna come in?"

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Probably not, but you look pretty silly standing in my door."

I move aside and Jack enters. He gently touches my arm when walking by me and I have to control my shudders. This man can touch me in a way no one else can.

"You want something to drink, Sir?"

"A beer if you have one."

"I think I'll be able to find one."

"Sam?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Carter, do you think you'll ever call me anything else than Sir when you are off duty?"

"It's a habit, sorry Sir."

I smile to myself when I hear Jack growl in the living room. It is a force of habit, but I could get used to call him Jack. I get back in, sit down on my couch and hand him his beer.

"There you go, Sir."

"Sam, please. Could you just leave the sir stuff at home for once?"

"I am at home, Sir."

"Well just leave the Sir stuff at the base then."

"Aye, aye, Jack."

"Thank you."

Jack sits down next to me and looks at me.

"Don't miss your movie on my account, Carter."

"You sure you wanna see this? I mean it a girlie movie."

"I don't mind a good girlie movie now and then."

"Girlie movie it is then."

I push on the remote and the movie starts playing. I put the bowl of popcorn in between us and we both start munching on them. Soon we were caught up in the movie and I don't notice at first when Jack puts the bowl aside and sits closer to me. His arm finds his way around my shoulder and I rest my head on Jack's chest. We smile at each other. We don't say a word; just enjoy each other's company. We both glare at the movie, but I can see Jack don't really know what he is watching. Soon, too soon the movie is over and the end credits start playing.

I just wanted you to comfort me
When I called you late last night you see
I was falling into love
Yes I was crushing into love
Off all the words you sang to me
About life, the truth and being free
Yeah you sang to me
Oh how you sang to me

Could I live for her you make me feel
So I question all this being real
Cause I'm not afraid to love
For the first time I'm not afraid to love
Oh this day seems made for you and me
And you showed me what life needs to be
And you sang to me
Oh you sang to me

All the while you were in front of me
I never realized
I just can't believe I didn't see it in your eyes
I didn't see it
I can't believe it
Oh but I feel it
And you sing to me

How I long to hear you sing
Beneath the clear blue skies
And I promise you this time
I'll see it in your eyes
I didn't see it
I can't believe it
Oh but I feel it
And you sing to me

Just to think you live inside of me
I had no idea how this could be
Now I'm crazy for you love
Can't believe I'm crazy for your love
The words you said you sang to me
And you showed me where I wanna be
You sang to me
Oh you sang to me

All the while you were in front of me
I never realized
I just can't believe I didn't see it in your eyes
I didn't see it
I can't believe it
Oh but I feel it
When you sing to me

How I long to hear you sing
Beneath the clear blue skies
And I promise you this time
I'll see it in your eyes
I didn't see it
I can't believe it
Oh but I feel it
When you sing to me

....

I realize that this song is written for Jack and me. It is just perfect. I can't believe that I haven't seen it in Jack's eyes a long time ago. Well, I have seen it, but I've denied it for way too long. Just at that moment, I turn around to look at Jack. For a second he has his eyes on the screen, but his head turns towards mine. As by our own accord, our lips meet. It is our first real kiss. It is oh so gentle, tender and full of promises. Although it being very short, we both know that it has changed everything between us. We can't go back to being friends. We have always been so much more than just good friends. I stare at Jack and wish that he would kiss me again. He just smiles at me. We both know it is too soon for us to act upon our feelings. Sure, they are here. But we have to take things slowly or we could ruin everything we have worked for.

"I think I should be going, Sam. We both have a lot of thinking to do."

"Yes we do."

"I'll call you in the morning."

"Okay."

I walk Jack to the door and he turns around and smiles at me. Before I am able to say anything, I feel his lips on mine. He gives me a lingering kiss and we both gasp, as we break apart. He smiles at me one last time, gives me another tender but short kiss and I close the door behind him. I touch my lips and smile to myself. I did like the company of Jack O'Neill. More than I'll ever be able to tell.

The End.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Cindy