Higher Echelon: Part 1 by Gater101
Summary: Set pre-Heroes post Evolution. Earth comes under threat from Anubis as he searches for the Higher Echelon spoken of in the Ancient's 'Prophecy'
Categories: Jack/Sam Characters: None
Episode Related: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Holiday: None
Season: None
Warnings: None
Crossovers: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 8290 Read: 28845 Published: 2005.01.08 Updated: 2005.01.08
Higher Echelon: Part 1 by Gater101
Higher Echelon: Part 1

Higher Echelon: Part 1

by Gater101

Summary: Set pre-Heroes post Evolution. Earth comes under threat from Anubis as he searches for the Higher Echelon spoken of in the Ancient's 'Prophecy'
Category: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance, Series
Season: Season 7
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: character death, minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-01-08

Higher Echelon, part 1 By Gater101

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. MGM, Gecko Corp et al do! I'm just borrowing them for now!

~~Introduction~~

"I don't understand how this happened," Samantha Carter argued with her best friend and doctor Janet Frasier. "We used a condom, I'm on the pill, I took the morning after pill. There is no way in hell this can be happening..."

Janet had come out to the Air Force Hospital to inform Sam of the test results she had run before Sam was reassigned several weeks before.

"The fact that you are telling me of all the precautions you took is making me believe that you weren't as free of your inhibitions as you led us all to believe you were..." Janet countered as she read from the clipboard in front of her.

She was dressed in her Dress Blues, but the normal blue jacket had been replaced with the white lab coat of a doctor. Janet was not Sam's friend at that very moment; she was the military doctor she was trained as and her training had led her to make her previous statement.

Sam stared at her incredulously, her blue eyes wide and staring, her jaw hanging loosely around her ankles.

"We may have been under the alien influence but we weren't completely stupid," Sam finally managed and Janet looked at her with compassionate eyes.

She didn't say anything but her eyes held the apology that she seemed unwilling to voice.

"Look, I have to get back to base and I'm sure you have to get back to whatever it was you were doing before I called you. I'll call you later tonight."

With that, Janet dropped her clipboard on the table and left the small room she had been assigned at the Hospital. Sam stared after her, unable to believe what had happened and wondered where the Janet Frasier she had known had gone; the one who was her friend and understood her pain.

Sam sat for a further few minute, looking at the results on the sheet of paper before her. Finally, she stood and lifted the clipboard and walked out of the room and then dropped the clipboard at the reception desk before walking to the main doors and into the muggy grey sky that hung low over her. She looked up and felt a drop of water hit her forehead and she rushed to her car that was parked at the farthest corner of the car park.

The test results had to be wrong.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101
This story archived at http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=592