Episode #1 - Renegade by LuckyFoot
Summary: SG-11 looses one of there team and they are bent on getting revenge at any cost.
Categories: Gen - Other, Team - Other Characters: Other Characters
Episode Related: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Holiday: None
Season: Season 2
Warnings: violence
Crossovers: None
Challenges: None
Series: Stargate Renegade
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 9479 Read: 7962 Published: 2008.04.04 Updated: 2008.11.17

1. Chapter 1 by LuckyFoot

2. Chapter 2 by LuckyFoot

3. Chapter 3 by LuckyFoot

4. Chapter 4 by LuckyFoot

5. Chapter 5 by LuckyFoot

Chapter 1 by LuckyFoot

 "If anyone is left alive head for the Stargate!" yelled Colonel Dade Rojc in to his walkie-talkie as three plumes of dirt shot up in the air around him. The Jaffa had laid an ambush and it was a beauty. Three of his team was already dead and the other one was missing. At the moment he was crouched behind a rock as the death gliders swooped over his head trying to get a shot.

 They have been told the planet was a primative peaceful world, a standard first contact mission, at least thats what the UAV had shown during its orbital scan.  It all looked good until they were perhaps a 100 meters from the stargate, when they had come under attack from Jaffa. 

 

 Dade's comm crackled to life and a voice came across the tiny speakers. "Colonel! Where are you?"

 

 "Jeremiah? I'm about thirty meters from the Stargate. Where are you?"

 

 "I'm trying to get there." The voice of Major Jeremiah Stace said across the airwaves. "But I'm getting pinned down by hostiles. Where's Tomlison and Baxter."

 

Dade gritted his teeth and clicked the button. "They bought it in the city. A whole Jaffa Battalion. Stace..."

 

"Cassi? Where's Cassi?" his Major said a tremor of panic entering his voice.

 

Dade bunched his hand in a fist and his eyes were full of hatred and sadness. "She... She, A glider.... " Dade Trailed off, unable to actually finish the sentance, "I'm sorry Major"

 

 Silence ensued on the comm as the enemy began closing in. Peering around the rock Colonel Rojc opened up with his P-90 and cut down the advancing group, sparks dancing off their armor.

 

 "Major!" Dade yelled, falling back into combat mode, in to the comm. "Get to the Stargate!" 

  

 No answer came and Dade began to fall back. "Major, that's a direct order! Move!"

 

  "Yes, sir." Came the strained voice of his friend and collegue. In a minute he appeared from the forrest side of the city and looked like he had been in the thick of it. Blood ran down from a wound on the back of his head and neck and a long cut across lower face. He continued to fire on the Jaffa as Dade began slamming the gate coordinates in to the DHD to dial home. With a whoosh, the gate activated in a blue blur of light.

 

Kneeling behind the DHD to give cover fire, Dade emptied the last of his clip in to the Jaffa as Stace ran across the field and dived in to the gate. Dade ejected his clip, drew his side arm and opened fire while back in to the gate. Instantly the euphoria of gate travel gripped him and his vision blurred to a tunnel zipping through space before ending abruptly with him exiting the Earth's gate.

 

Dade fell back through the exit of the stargate and stumbled, crashing into Stace as they rolled down the ramp.  Stumbling to their feet the wormhole cut off as the Iris closed behind them.  General Hammond was watching from the control centre, he switched on the microphone.  "Colonel. Where is the rest of your team?"

 

"Lost, sir." Dade said shock still registering minutely on his mind.

 

Doctor Janet Frasier had entered the disembarkation room with her medical staff team and immediately went for Stace. He pushed her aside lightly, "I'm alright."

 

"No you're not, Major. Let me do my job." she answered closing with him again. "General, I need to get them to the medic bay."

 

"Go ahead, Doctor." General Hammond answered. "We need them at debriefing as soon as possible."

 

                                                ----------------

 

A few moments later Stace and Rojc where sitting on those uncomfortable beds that only milltary hospital installations seem to be able to find, waiting while the Doctor finished checking them over. Stace stared far off thinking until he felt Tanis pulse him a warning.

Doctor Frasier had paused as she felt Stace's neck, and looked closer.

"Just a scratch doc," Stace said quickly and Rojc knowing him as well as he did, thought that there was some nervousness in his voice,"Staff beam got a little close."

 

She went to examine the wound closer. "That's a bad burn. Looks like you took a slash there."

 

"Fell against some rocks in the fire fight." Stace answered. "Building was blown to rubble with jagged edges everywhere."

Stace glanced over toward Rojc and he could tell that his commanding officer knew he was lying. ‘That's the problem having someone know you so well.'. Again to the Major's surprise he felt Tanis grunt in agreement. He kept forgotting the symbiote was there.


It was at that moment that General Hammonds voice interrupted them over the base communications system, "Major Stace, Colonel Rojc report to the briefing room immediately."

Rojc was behind Stace as he entered the briefing room, and Stace looked into the room then seemed to hesitate, before finally going ahead. Rojc glanced at him as they took there seats, opposite a Tok'Ra.  General Hammond was at the head of the table, and began, "The Tok'Ra have impressed upon me it is vital that they know immediately everything you saw on that planet, so I've asked you in the spirit of co-operation to give them a full report immediately."

"Whats so important about this planet?" Rojc asked.

 

Stace glared across at the Tok'Ra and then averted his eyes. Though Tanis was not in control much of the symbiote's thoughts and impressions flowed over in to his concscience mind.  It was quite evident that the Tok'Ra had sometime ago earned the ire of the minor Guo'uld and he held them in contempt instead of anger as most of his species.

 

The Tok'Ra spoke, in the deep voice that demonstrated to all that the Guo'uld inside him was in control, "That is not important to you, just tell us what you saw."

Rojc bristled at this, turned to the General, "Sir, we should at least know why they want the intellegence!"

"Colonel Rojc you will tell these people what happened on the planet right now. It's imperative that we know. Thats an order."

Rojc turned back to the Tok'Ra, anonyed now, "I'll tell you what happened, we went through the gate on your intellegence and were shot to pieces, I lost two good friends, thats what happened!"

"Did you see any indications of Guo'uld on the planet?" the Tok'Ra asked, indifferent to Rojcs tone.

"The hundreds of Jaffa not give you an indication!" Rojc responded, he glanced at Stace to see how he was taking this, and saw his eyes glising with what seemed to be equal parts anger and sorrow.

"But actual Guo'uld, did you see any." the Tok'Ra insisted again

 

Tanis stirred and a feeling of being uncomfortable washed across Jeremiah's mind. ‘What have you been up too?'

 

‘Nothing to warrant your hatred, Tau'Ri.' The symbiote answered. ‘A small matter between the minor lords. I see that the Tok'ra are in the habit of using you tau'ri for their own uses.That proves they are no better then the Guo'uld masters.'

Stace broke out of his revelrie as Rojc was still tearing in to the Tok'Ra to the adamant surprise of General Hammond and Colonel O'Neill (who had just arrived).


"...I'm sorry I didn't get to check which of the humans where humans and which we're possed by snakes, I was a little busy getting shot to pieces... " Dade paused mid-breath, looking at the Tok'Ra opposite him carefully, "... but you knew that didn't you, you expected Guo'uld there, you wanted us to find somethink out, want us to do your dirty work."

The two visitors rose to their feet, "Clearly there is nothing to be learn't here, once again humans prove they have not come far enough to be a true power in the Galaxy."

 

Jeremiah knew nobody heard it, but the agonized scream that shot through his mind echoed with the pain, lonliness and misery that ripped in to the the Major's soul. Tanis' anguished cry and hatred flowed across and without thinking Stace leapt to his feet. "You're responsible for killing my fiance"

 

With a swing fueled by anger Stace struck the Tok'Ra hard and the man fell to the ground hard.  The guards grabbed Stace who was fighting to get in another swing.  The Tok'Ra wiped his mouth, blood was dripping from his lip.  Without a word he rose and exited the office, General Hammond paused for only a moment, "You to are restricted to quarters. Take him away."


----

Jeremiah's quarters were bleak except for the picture of Cassandra on the bed table. The young man sat on his bed staring at the picture still wearing his fatigues. His mind was tired and Stace knew the grief had not hit him yet.

 

"I should have kept her with me." Jeremiah said looking at the picture.

 

‘From what I know from your memories, Tau'Ri, you had no choice, but to do what you were trained to do.' Tanis spoke in his mind.

 

"I don't need reasoning from you." Stace hissed.

 

Almost immediately a burning pain erupted from the base of his skull and a strange slithering uphoria spread through him. He felt Tanis shifting and moving around under his skin.

 

Stace gripped his head and growled. "Stop that!"

 

‘I'm sorry.' Tanis said. ‘I was unable to take up a comfortable position in you since we were quick in the blending. To keep my profile small, I must wrap myself around the base of your spine.'

 

Stace gritted his teeth. Second thoughts about Tanis had surfaced, but he had no choice. "Make it quick."

 

The slithering feeling returned and in greater strength, but passed and Tanis settled in. ‘Done, Tau'ri. For what it is worth, I'm sorry.'

 

"A Guo'uld apologizing, That's something to here." Stace laughed bitterly.

 

‘Have you not realized that I'm not a System Lord, nor am I affected by the abusive use of the Sacophogus? I have lived my life with as little use of the machine as I can and you need to understand that. I am  P'Nai.'

 

There was a knock at the door and Tanis went silent.

 

"Enter."

 

The door opened and Rojc entered. He closed the door behind him and stood looking at his friend. They were silent for a minute.

 

"Thanks." Rojc said.

 

"For?" Jeremiah asked raising an eyebrow.

 

"Hitting that Tok'ra. You don't know how much I wanted to cave his face in."

 

Jeremiah laughed silently and heaved a sigh.

 

Rojc looked around the room and then grabbed a chair in the corner and sat down. "I took the liberty of talking to Teal'C while off duty. Asked him if he knew what the Tok'Ra were after. All he could tell me was that from my report, the Tok'ra were probably trying to find out if one of the Guo'uld minor lords were allying himself. Did you see those jaffa with just a horizontal bar on there forehead?"

 

"Plenty."

 

"Teal'C says there were jaffa belonging to a minor Lord who controlled three planets in that star system. His name was Tanis. It seems Tanis is a very small group of Guo'uld that potray themselves not as gods, but as heroes fighting the gods like hercules, Jason, Ulyysese. They call themselves--"

 

"P'Nai." Stace finished thinking.

 

"Yeah." Rojc said curious. "how did you know?"

 

"uh..." Stace quickly thought reazlining that again Tanis' knowledge had washed over his mind again. "I heard the jaffa saying something about it. Those Guo'uld courses Dr. Jackson offered did teach me a few words."

 

Stace knew that his friend did not believe him totally, but could not come up with any other explanation. Jeremiah tried to change the subject.

"Any idea what they'll do to me?"

 

"General Hammond will probably let you off with a warning since you did just come from back from a bad experience. I think he plans to assign you to work with Captain Carter for a few weeks since you had a degree in astro-physics."

 

Stace felt Tanis get worried. Both knew full well that at that close of proximity, Samantha Carter would have no trouble sensing Tanis' presence. "I prefer just getting back to work, Colonel."

 

"I know what you mean, but General Hammond is in charge even if he doesn't deserve it."

 

"Sir, I need some rest." Jeremiah said.

 

Dade stood and nodded. He left the Major to his thoughts.

 

 

                                                -------------------------

 

It was shortly after as Dade walked down the corridor that he bumped into a young, at least he thought, woman hurrying the opposite direction. 

"In a hurry," he asked.


She ignore him as she hurried past, as she did so Dade caught a glimpse of her name etched on her military uniform, "Amanda Walker"

'Bloody rude these new officers' he thought and headed towards he quarters.  He had been serving with the RAF at the stargate program for some time now, as an exchange officer from the British military.  He had always liked the Americans, Jeremiah had become one of his closest friends, but sometimes he wished they would take a little more time to think about people and a little less about beaucracy. 

He had often times thought about quiting for just that reason, to return back home, but the thought of alien worlds and new adventures kept him here, even now he was still a boy at heart. 

 

                                                -----------------------------

 

"Are you sure?" Julna asked his senior as the two sat in there assigned quarters. The two Tok'Ra representatives had been on the way out, but Nuten wanted to stay for a little longer. "There was a Jaffa in the room. You could have sensed him."

 

"I know." The older man responded as he sat in one of the chairs and stared at the wall. "but it felt like there was another one in the room with us. You were closest to the Tau'Ri. Did you sense a symbiote?"

 

Julna shook his head. "I was pre-occupied."

 

Nuten nodded with a hint of a smile. "You must practice your diplomacy, my friend. He was grieving from a loss."

 

"We needed the information."

 

"I know. I am not arguing that. You should have had a little more tact for the situation. But I really believe that the symbiote was in one of the surviving members of SG-11."

 

"It must be that human called Stace." Julna said with some venom.

 

"Why? Because he hit you?" Nuten with a smile more prominent on his usually stone cold features.

 

"No, I spoke with Colonel Rojc after the meeting...to...to apologize, but it was extremely brief."

 

"Understandable."

 

"I was in close proximity and I didn't sense it so with reason it should be the other."

 

Nuten nodded. "We shall confront him tommorow, but I warn you, Julna, we must tread lightly because if we are wrong we may turn the Tau'Ri against us and you know the Council wants to keep them as allies as long as possible."

Chapter 2 by LuckyFoot

The next day was bright for Colorado and Jeremiah arrived on base and scanned in before eight. He had still be relieved of command, but granted permission to return to his house for the night. Major Stace's apartment had bare furnishings as he preferred to live on base, but that day he needed to be alone. Even Tanis remained silent for the night allowing him to grieve for the loss of his love.

 

Also in the night, a small plan began to form in his mind for revenge, it was not anything concrete, but it was something.

 

After passing the guard at the hallway with a palm scan, Major Stace rode the elevator all the way down to the 28th floor and stepped out.

 

"Good morning, sir." Said a bright and chipper voice. Jeremiah turned and saw a young woman saluting him. Quickly glancing at the shoulders for a rank and then the name tag, he slung his overcoat to the other arm and returned the salute.

 

"Captain Walker."

 

"Could you tell me where General Hammond's office is. I only arrived yesterday and I can't remember." She answered with a bright smile.

 

‘It's to early for cheerfulness.' Jeremiah felt Tanis say.

 

A small smile quickly tugged at the side of his mouth, but he nodded to the Captain to cover it up. "I'm heading there myself. If you care to follow."

 

"Of course, sir." She answered quickly.

 

The two started down the hall, but Walker was still talkative.

 

"I've heard a rumor around the base that there was some excitement yesterday."

 

"Oh?" Stace said half ignoring her.

 

"Yes." She continued on without noticing. "Something about one of the officers decking a Tok'ra. Let him have it right in the jaw. Some of the enlisted say that they had to pull this guy off of them. Something about murder and love."

 

She laughed brightly. "Never a dull moment is it?"

 

Stace ignored her as they arrived to the office. Colonel O'Neill stepped out and Walker snapped him a salute. Caught slightly off, he answered the salute and then look directly at Stace.

 

"Major."

 

"Colonel."

 

For a second the two just stared at each other, a cold glare from Major Stace.

 

"Is this General Hammond's office?" Walker asked beginning to sense something was off.

 

"Yes. He's expecting you both."

 

Again, Walker saluted a little confused of what to do and both entered the officer.

 

"Major Stace and Captain Walker reporting as ordered, sir!" Stace said saluted the General in the center seat.

 

"Major. At ease the both of you." Hammond said standing. "Captain Walker, welcome to the SGC. You come with high marks from your previous commander."

 

"Thank you, sir." Amy answered. "if I may say, sir. I'm still a little shocked over everything I've been told."

 

"I've been hear for three years now, Captain. It doesn't wear off." Hammond answered with a smile. "If you'll wait a moment."

 

He motioned to a chair in front of his desk and turned to Stace. "Major. I had a long talk with Colonel O'Neill about your behavior yesterday. You put me in a hard position with your actions. The Tok'ra are our allies now and I can't have you just punching one when you feel like it."

 

"Permission to speak freely, sir?"  Stace asked his voice even.

 

"Granted."

 

"Sir, it was you who put me in that position."

 

"How so, Major?"

 

"After all that happened, I was unready to handle the Tok'ra's questioning." Stace said.

 

Hammond shook his head. "You were carrying vital information that was necessary for the Tok'ra to overthrow the Goa'uld.  They needed that information ASAP."

 

"Sir."

 

"I'm sorry, Major, but that's the way it is. I know what you're going through, but you're a soldier and we're speaking of protecting not only our planet, but those of our allies too."

 

Stace remained silent.

 

"Colonel O'Neill has asked me to skip any punitive actions for now. I'm keeping you off the active roster until further notice. Major Whitaker of SG-2 will take your place for now."

 

Hammond turned to Captain Walker who had paled realizing her blunder earlier. "Captain Walker, I'm assigning you to SG-11 and you will be immediately back to duty after we find your team's fourth. Dismissed."

 

The two officers saluted and stepped outside. Once the door closed, Amanda turned to Stace.

 

"Sir, I didn't know. I apologize."

 

Stace turned heel without answering and walked off.

 

                                                ------------------------------------

 

It was at the same time that Rojc was attempting to call his long time girlfriend, yet could not get through, her mobile was switched off.  This was particularly unusual as she was forever texting her mates, and in all the time Rojc had known her her phone was never off.

 

Finally it started ringing, and someone answered, it was a mans voice

 

"Hello" Rojc called, "who is this?"

 

"May I ask whose calling please."

 

"Its Dade, where is Lauren?"

 

"I'm sorry to tell you sir, but Lauren was involved in an accident, she is at Saint Meredith Hospital, do you know her next of kin?"

 

Dade collapsed into the chair that was fortunately behind him, his throat dry, he struggled to find the words, "How is she?"

 

"I'm afraid that's confidential sir, could you put me in touch with her family?"

 

"I'm the closest thing she has to family!" Rojc almost shouted, worry overcoming his mind.

 

"Then I must ask you come down and prove that for us sir, as soon as possible."

 

Dade nodded, then once again rasped out, "Yeah, I'm on my way."

 

Hanging up the phone he pulled on his jacket and headed out of the base.

 

                                                -------------------------------

 

Jeremiah opened and then slammed his quarter's door. With a fight of rage both expressed by him and Tanis inside, he swung his fist and smashed the lamp of the table.

 

Behind him he heard two distinct whines of a Zat weapon and Stace spun to face the assailants in the room.

 

Standing in the corner of the room, the two Tok'ra agents stood there with their Zats trained on him.

 

"I see the Tok'ra have added breaking and entering to there list of specialties." Jeremiah said turning back to his bed and grabbing his knap sack. He kicked the broken lamp aside.

 

"Not one more move."

 

The menace in the voice of the younger Tok'ra made Stace pause.

 

"What's up you two?"

 

"Who are you?" Nuten asked stepping forward slightly.

 

"You know perfectly well who I am." Stace answered eyeing them both.

 

"I can sense you, Goa'uld. Speak now or I'll hand you're corpse to the Tau'ri."

 

Stace felt Tanis exert control and Stace relinquished it to the symbiote. His eyes glowed ominously.

 

"Cha'mell Khala, Ha'taaka!" Tanis growled. ‘What do you want, Vile ones!'

 

"Who are you and what is your purpose here?" Nuten answered as Julna bristled at the accusation.

 

"My purpose here is of my own concern, Tok'ra. Unless you have something you wish to say, leave." Tanis said in the flanged voice.

 

"You are not in a position to bargain, Goa'uld." Julna said stepping forward. "Answer the question."

 

"Do not assume you have the tactical advantage. That is your mistake." The Goa'uld responded. He paused and then continued like it was an after thought to answer their question. "I am Tanis."

 

"Tanis..." Nuten said. "...So, it was true. Your host was killed."

 

"By Bastet, yes." Tanis answered. "This human offered me sanctuary."

 

"You expect us to believe that?" Julna hissed.

 

"Young fool." Tanis answered. "Have you're seniors taught you nothing? I am P'Nai. I do not lie."

 

"That still doesn't explain why you are here?" Nuten continued.

 

Tanis turned his back to them and leaned down to pick up the remains of the lamp. The obvious snub had it's effect.

 

"The Tau'ri would love to have you for questions, Goa'uld." Julna said.

 

"Yes, they would. They would love to know how the Tok'ra are using them to goad Apophis in to a rash move. How many Tau'ri have died so far? Interesting ways of using your allies." Tanis said with a smirk.

 

"What are you talking about?" Julna said. Nuten beside him de-activated his Zat.

 

"Your senior knows what I speak of. I am not rich and powerful like a System Lord so I must relies on the same tools that you Tok'ra use. Deceit, spying, and treachery to get the information I need. I do believe the Tau'ri would love to know what you've been doing."

 

"They would not believe you." Nuten said simply.

 

"No, but from that point they'll question every request you make. That'll be enough damage to your ‘cause'."

 

Tanis sat down and folded his hands in his lap. "If that is all, Tok'ra. You have my permission to leave."

 

Nuten stood there studying Tanis while Julna just glared. With a short nod, Nuten turned and left.

 

Jeremiah felt Tanis relinquish control. ‘You must find something to save ourselves soon. They will contact there precious council and my threat may not hold up.'

Chapter 3 by LuckyFoot


“I’m Dade Rojc.” said the Colonel to the nurse at the counter out of breath. “I’m here about Lauren Henderson. How is she?”

The nurse looked at the register and nodded. “Are you related?”

“I’m all she has in America. Most of her relatives are in England.” he answered irritation welling up. “How is she?”

“Do you have any proof of next of kin?”



“Listen and listen closely.” Rojc said calling on all the control he could. “I’m all the kin she has here in this bloody country. She came over here against the wishes of her family when I was stationed here. How-is-she?”

The venom from his voice made the nurse look around quickly and then pointed to a man in a lab coat. “That’s Doctor Bannon. He can help you.”

Spinning abruptly away from the counter he accosted the doctor. “Doctor, I’m Colonel Dade Rojc.”

“Ah, yes.” the doctor nodded. “Miss Henderson was just asking for you.”

“How is she? I can’t get a straight answer.”

“I’m sorry about that.” The doctor said. “It’s the law, but Lauren isn’t doing good at all.”

“What happened?”

“Well, from the police report, Miss Henderson was on the way to lunch with a friend of hers when a military humvee lost control from a flat tire and hit her on the sidewalk.”

“Lost…control.”

Doctor Bannon nodded, his brown eyes watching Rojc closely. “She’s suffering from a severe concussion, many broken bones and internal bleeding.”

A sharp pain of grief shot through Dade’s soul and he slowly sat down in one of the nearby plastic seats. “What are her chances, Doctor?”

“I’m sorry, Colonel, but I don’t think she’s going to make it. We’ve been doing everything in our power for over two hours and we haven’t been able to stabilize her.”

A tear formed in Dade’s eye, but he brushed it away roughly. “Can I see her?”

“We’ve got her in intensive care. Come with me.”

---------------------------

Jeremiah felt the sunlight and light hit his eyes as he stepped out of the event horizon of the stargate and was immediately assailed by screams of joy and cheers from the populace standing around the pedestal the gate sat on.

Waving flowers, wreaths, and hands, the adoring crowd pressed forward as close as they could before the helmeted Jaffa stepped in their way. He walked down the platform and waved at the crowd and felt like a movie star walking the red carpet. The people were genuinely happy to see him. He could tell that they were Jaffa from the tattoo on the forehead. He could not think of who the symbol was for.

Glancing down at himself he could see that he was wearing ornate armor and on his left hand was a Goa'uld hand device. Once he feet touched the ground, he was immediately flanked by Jaffa soldiers…his soldiers.

In the back conscious of Jeremiah’s mind, he knew he was dreaming and it was not his dream. He was witnessing and remembering something that had happened to Tanis a long time ago.

The crowd parted for him as he started walking down the dirt path with shady blossoming trees. A city was looming up ahead and a party of more Jaffa awaited for him in the entrance.

The man in the center was a strong looking warrior, his forehead marked with a gold vertical bar. Stace knew he was the First Prime of Tanis.

“My Lord, we are honored that you have come to us again.” the man said kneeling in respect.

“Solik, my friend.” Tanis said putting his hand out to help his friend back up. “It is my honor to come visit you here with your family. I have promised to make a tour of the worlds under my control and I thought to start with this place.”

The Jaffa bowed his head in respect. “Thank you, My liege. The city is excited that their leader has returned to them.”

Tanis nodded again and looked around. Jeremiah was shocked to see genuine admiration, not the fear that the Goa'uld usually inspired. Tanis began walking again and a child pushed through the crowd. Tanis scooped her up in his arms and smiled.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Tavith.” the little girl said with a big grin. She held out a large electric blue flower. “This is for you, my hero.”

Jeremiah felt a shiver of satisfaction and acceptance wash over him as if being really loved was a shock. He put the little girl back down and taking a gold chain from around his neck, put it around the girl.

“And this is for the most beautiful girl on Vehada.”

The little girl looked at the necklace and squealed in delight.

“Love live Lord Tanis!” someone shouted in the crowd and the rest picked it up. “Long live the P’Nai!”

At that, Jeremiah jerked his head off of the cafeteria table with a jolt as someone laid a hand on his shoulder. He glanced around quickly and saw a young woman standing there. Quickly shaking his head to clear the thoughts from his head he recognized Captain Walker.

“Sorry to bother you, sir.” said Amanda who had taken a step back from his jolting awake.

“Captain.” Jeremiah said shifting in his seat. “No problem. I was just…resting.”

“I know, “ she answered with a smile. “You were snoring.”

Jeremiah opened his mouth to contradict, but Tanis spoke in his mind. ‘You were Tau‘ri. I hope that isn’t a habit you are accustomed too.’ Major Stace willed the symbiote to shut up.

“Sir.” Amanda said sitting down at the table. “I wanted to apologize.”

“For, Captain?” Jeremiah asked reaching for his cold cup of coffee.

“My words on the way to General Hammond’s office. Sergeant Siler explained to me what had happened and I feel really bad that I said those things to you. What you are going through now is horrible and I don’t want to add any more salt to the burns so--”

Jeremiah interrupted before she got started. “You had no way of knowing, Captain. Have you met Colonel Rojc yet?”

“No, sir. Colonel O’Neill told me that he quickly left for the hospital. I don’t know what for.”

Concern knitted Jeremiah’s brow as he wondered about his friend.

Amanda opened her mouth to speak again when Jeremiah stood cutting her off. “Thank you, Captain.”

He turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

----------------------

“Lauren?”

The word was quiet and softly melded into the sounds of beeping from the heart monitor and other equipment in the room. The form covered in a white bed sheet was still and Dade looked at the face of the woman that he loved.

Wearing an oxygen mask and her hair still messed up from the accident, Rojc softly caressed her head putting the stray strands of her brown hair back in place. He bit back the tears as his girl friend laid there. Every thought in his head was trying to find a way to save her. The very thought of hijacking a sarcophagus from the Goa’uld or involving one of the many advanced races had crossed his mind, but he knew that command would never agree, even at the cost of a human life.

‘Of course not. To top secret. Those bloody Americans consider their project to important to save someone not connected.’ he thought bitterly.

Rojc sat back in the straight back chair and looked at the ceiling with his eyes closed.

“Dade?” a weak voice called out.

Colonel Rojc opened his eyes and looked earnestly toward the bed. Lauren’s blue eyes were open and looking at him.

“Doctor!” he called and grasped her hand as she reached for him.

“Dade.” she repeated. “Is that you?”

“Yes, sweetheart, it’s me.” he answered soothingly. “The doctor is coming.”

Lauren repeated his name again and looked back toward the ceiling.

Doctor Bannon came in and stood to the side as Dade continued to speak.

“You’ll be alright, Lauren.” he said with a smile on his face, but she seemed to not notice. The girl looked back toward him.

“Will you be alright without me?” she asked.

“No.” Dade answered a tear coming to his eye. “I’ll miss that cup of tea you make me when I come home and those evening dinners. You can’t go now.”

She smiled and squeezed his hand. “I have to go.”

“No.” Rojc said. “You can’t. Just hang in there. The doctor knows what he is doing.”

“He can’t help.” she said weakly. “and I know you would do everything in your power to help me, but it’s not enough.”

“Lauren, don’t talk like that. You’ll be fine if you just keep smiling and hang in there.”

The girl was silent for a moment and then turned to face him again. Her eyes had become clear again and she focused them on his. “Dade, I love you. I always will.”

“Lauren….” Dade started.

The girl closed her eyes and the heart meter began it’s low whine as the jagged line on the screen turned straight. Colonel Rojc closed his eyes and a tear slid down his cheek. He kissed the girl on the forehead.

“I love you too, sweetheart. I always shall.”

------------------------------

The plan was becoming more stable in Jeremiah’s mind and Tanis had begun to acknowledge it’s potential.

‘You are risking a lot if you choose this path.’ Tanis said inside Major Stace’s mind. ‘Your superiors would not understand your motives.’

“Nor would they understand you.” Jeremiah said low under his breath. “In the mind of the SGC is that there are Goa’uld and Tok’ra nothing else. Since you’re not Tok’ra, you and I would spend the rest of our lives in a cell or on some N.I.D. experimentation table.”

‘You’re people have some interesting similarities to the System Lords.’ Tanis mused.

“How so?” Jeremiah said entering his room and ripping a piece of paper from his notebook.
‘You will do anything in your power to learn from your enemy and beat him. Your species is as quick to destroy and capture a symbiote as the Goa’uld are for taking technology, slaves, and worlds for their own. The only difference is size and magnitude.’

“You sound like you agree with them.” Jeremiah growled as he began scribbling notes, but only stopped to notice that he was writing them in Goa’uld. “Tanis!”

He felt the mirth come from Tanis. ‘Not totally my doing, Tau’ri. Our memories have blended and our knowledge crosses both bridges of our minds. You must pay attention to what you do as much as I must not act on reflex and override your movements for my own. It is not easy for both of us.’

“Is that what that was at the cafeteria?” Jeremiah asked as he crumbled up the paper and threw it in the trash can. He consciously watched the next sheet of paper and made sure it was in English.

‘Yes.’ Tanis answered. ‘That dream of yours was my visit to Vehada a hundred of your years ago. I believe that being among the people would give more face to my presence and there for solidify my control over the Jaffa. It limit’s the amount of rebels a planet produces.’

Jeremiah chuckled. “Arrogant and imperialist aren’t we.”

‘Maybe to your species I am.’

“I guess that blending you refer to works both ways. I felt that happiness of being accepted when you picked up that little girl. You don’t fool me.” Jeremiah snickered to himself.

Tanis sent a disgruntled feeling and went silent leaving Jeremiah with his thoughts.

With the symbiote finally silent, Jeremiah concentrated on the paper and drafted out a quick sketch of his plan. It would be dangerous for only one man to do it, but it was the only way that he and his onboard pal would be able to kill the woman that murdered their loves.
Chapter 4 by LuckyFoot
The drink in front of him was strong. Dade had told the bartender to bring the strongest thing he had and now the liquid seemed to dance in the crystal glass in front of him. The tavern was a place that he liked to come when he wanted to be alone with his thoughts and right now he just wanted to disappear from the world.

In front of him lay a picture of him and Lauren on one of the excursions to the big lake nearby and where they would go on a picnic. She was the only bit of home that had come with him and she made him feel like anyplace on earth, or even the galaxy, was home. Now, it was gone.

Taking a swig, Dade felt the burning liquid go down his throat and soon a numbing sensation filled his mind. He slapped the half empty glass back down on the table.

"May I join you?" a voice asked and Dade was about to spin and order the person away in anger when he saw Jeremiah standing there with his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket.

"Jerry. How did you find me?"

"You took me here once. It was within our travel permissions when we were under that drill three years ago."

"Oh, yes."

Jeremiah sat down and glanced down at the picture and glass. He seemed to be debating in his mind when he spoke. "I went to the hospital when Captain Walker told me you had left."

Dade did not answer. He swirled the liquid in his cup around watching it make lazy circles.
 
"Colonel…"

"I'm not in the mood for talking right now."

Major Stace nodded and stood. "I'll be on base if you need me."

The Major began to leave then stopped and came back. He set down envelope that had some paper in it. "Before you do anything, sir. Could you read this?"

"What is it?"

"Something I think you should see."

Dade looked at the blank envelope for a few second and opened it. He began reading and his eyes widened. Jumping up from the table he threw five bucks on the counter and made his way quickly in to the darkened damp street where a slight shower had begun.

"Major!" He called.

Major Stace turned around. Colonel Rojc caught up to him and handed him the papers back.

"Major. If I'm reading this correctly. You're suggesting desertion to pull this off." Rojc said giving him a piercing stare. "This is something I should report."

"You know your duty, Colonel." Major Stace simply said.

"Don't give me that official crap, Major. I'm sick of it."

"I've got my reasons to do this, Dade. You're my friend, you're the one who pulled me out of that alien minefield that killed SG-12 and SG-19. You stuck by me when I wanted to stay and protect those villagers from Apophis' Jaffa--"

"And spent a hour getting dressed down by General Hammond." Dade answered with a hint of a bitter grin.

"I thought you should know so you would at least understand."

The two began walking and remained silent for a couple of blocks. After fifteen minutes, Rojc spoke up. "We'll need access to the armory after hours if we do this on the timetable you've suggested. "

Jeremiah looked over to his friend and nodded. "I've got some ideas, sir,. If you're in, I'll explain them to you."

Rojc continued to think for a few more blocks and then nodded. "I'm in, Major. Let's do this."

 

                                                ----------------------------

 

"I'm sorry, but Sergeant York is not seeing anybody today."

Colonel Rojc and Major Stace stood in front of the receptionist in her white medical uniform as she smiled apologetically.

"We're from the United States Air Force and we have something we'd like to talk to him about. Could you please insist to him that this is important." Major Stace said with more force.

The receptionist sighed. "I will go tell him, but he has always been this solitary, sir. He doesn't like company."

As the young woman walked off, Dade leaned closer to his friend. "You sure about this man, Jerry? This is a mental institution."

"Yes. Locked up here in the end of the Vietnam War after insisting his team was wiped out by aliens." Major Stace said watching the door that the nurse went through.

"And?"

"He claimed that they were killed by a Vietnamese possessed by a creature that could make his eyes glow."

Dade frowned. "You're kidding."

"It was probably Seth before he setup that cult SG-1 took down."

The door opened and the nurse returned.

"He's willing to see you, Gentlemen, but he wanted to make it clear that this would be brief."

The passageways through the mental hospital were long and turning, with white doors, walls, and bright flourescent lights leading the way. Once coming to a small door, they entered where a black man stood in a green tank top and camophlage pants. He stood by an array for gym equipment and from the looks of it, Jeremiah knew he had been using his time at the hospital on it.

"Sergeant York."

"I'm not a sergeant anymore." he said simply without turning around. "I have no time for games again. I've had enough for years to come. If you wouldn't believe me then, I doubt your ready to listen to me now."

"On the contrary, Sergeant." Jeremiah said sitting down. "I believe you."

For the first time, the man turned half around to look over his shoulder at them, fixing a cold brown eye on them. "You a shrink?"

"No. I'm with the US Air Force." Major Stace said.

"That doesn't answer my question. Why would you believe me? You can't possibly believe I'm dumb enough to fall for this?"

"You're report said that the Vietnamese soldiers used a weapon that fired electricity."

The man turned fully around a glared coldly at them. "Drop the act, Major. You know full well what I wrote in my report."

"Is this the weapon?"

To Dade's shock, Jeremiah pulled out from under his blue uniform jacket a Zat'nik'etel and popped it open with a sonic whine. Sergeant Hamilton York stepped back with a snarl.

"Major!" Dade said stepping forward.

Jeremiah snapped the weapon closed and gave it a slight toss to York. He caught it and looked at it. He looked back up at the two officers.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Major Jeremiah Stace, this is my commanding officer Colonel Dade Rojc. We're part of a project that…deals…with what you encountered. We were wondering if you were interested in joining us for some payback."

Sergeant York sat down and looked at the weapon then back up. He grinned. "You walk in here, throw your weapon around, and then expect me to just sign on? You guys are fools to think I'd just go along with you. Tell me everything if you want me a part of this."

 

                                                        --------------------------

"How do you think SG-11 is holding up?" Daniel Jackson asked Samantha Carter as both stood in the gym watching Teal'C and O'Neill going head to head in a boxing match.

"They lost a member of there team and Major Stace lost the woman he loved. Dade is a man a lot like Colonel O'Neill, each person is his responsibility and when they die, he is at fault no matter what." Captain Carter said. "They'll pull through."

"If you think so."

"You think they won't?" O'Neill called from the mat as he dodged a swing from Teal'C.

"Well, I've seen soldiers die before and the men who were with them, but they seem to be taking it a lot harder."

"The Log that broke the Dromedary's back." Teal'C said as he swung and put Jack on the floor.

"That's 'the straw that broke then camel's back', Teal'C." the Colonel said hauling himself off the floor. Shaking himself and turning to face the Jaffa he continued. "I can have Doctor Frazier take a look at them and talk to them though I don't' think Colonel Rojc is going to approve…you know the English."

"I'm heading to see, Janet know, sir, if you want me to say something." Carter said pointing over her shoulder.

"Yeah, Go ahead…but do it tactfully. I don't need Dade down my throat just yet. I can't stand them when their angry. They just glare at you."

Samantha grinned and left.
Chapter 5 by LuckyFoot
The stargate’s iris slid open with a metallic grin to allow SG-5 to return through the gate from their successful mission of QRT-938. Dade stood in the control room toward the back as General Hammond gave the orders for them for a briefing an hour for now. The Englishman watched the gate deactivate with a swirl and he crossed his arms frowning.

“You’ll be back out there, Dade. Don’t worry about it.” Jack O’Neil said as he came up from one of the side doors.

Colonel Rojc glanced over and nodded with a curt nod. “Yes, we’ll be out there again.”

“Lunch? Their serving hotdogs and pumpkin pie today.” Jack said.

Dade nodded and followed him through the door. “You Yanks have always had strange combinations.”

“Yeah, I think the chef is a Snake trying to kill us.” he said with a laugh.

The cafeteria was not far and they soon arrived in to the room and found one of the tables to sit out. The bustle of lunch had started and many ranks stood in line collecting their food. Dade watched the food added to his plate and wondered if this food was what he was going to get in jail if he and Jeremiah were caught.

After they started in to their food, Jack took a swig of his coke and nodded to Dade. “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine.” Dade answered.

“No, I mean, how are you doing with what happened with your team?”

The feeling of helplessness and rage filled him again as he remembered Jeremiah’s voice when he told him his mate was dead and how he couldn’t save Tomlinson and Baxter, two fine officers.

“It’s not easy loosing anyone under your command. I’ve been there.” Jack continued.

“I’m fine, Colonel.” Dade said with a slight snarl. “And you don’t know how I feel.”

Jack frowned taken aback. “What do you mean?”

“Your team is still alive. You haven’t lost a single member through any of your missions. I lost three of my friends in one day. Jeremiah lost the woman he loved. You don’t understand remotely how we’re feeling right now.”

O’Neil bristled. “I lost a lot of good men. I lost men when we first discovered the gate and Kowalski and Fereti later when he continued to explore. It’s part of the job.”

“Well, it’s not part of my job, Colonel. If you’ll excuse me.”

Colonel Rojc stood and left the cafeteria infuriated. The perfect SG-1, flagship of the whole entire program.

“Arrogant Americans.”
----------------------------------

“Sergeant Hamilton York, I presume.” General Hammond said looking up from his desk as the man entered filling the door jam.

“Yes, sir.” he said with a brisk salute.

Hammond opened a folder on his desk and flipped through it. “Welcome to the SGC. Captain Carter brief you on what’s going on here?”

“Yes, sir…as far as I could understand it. A lot of it went over my head, sir.”

Hammond smiled. “That’s under stable. Captain Carter can get carried away with the science of the stargate project. You’ll get used to it. I take it from this file, you’re an expert in communications equipment and certified on MALPs for the Army.”

“As a civilian contractor, you understand that there are some parts of this project that we can’t tell you about.”

“Yes, sir.” York said with a slight smirk.

“Report to Sergeant Siler then. He’ll get you started.”

With a salute again, York spun on his heel and left and passed Daniel Jackson as he entered.

“New recruit? I didn’t know civilians had to salute.”

“They don’t.” Hammond said sitting back in his chair. “He’s a career man. Hard to break habits like that.”

Daniel nodded and sat down. “Got a minute, sir?”

“Of course, Dr. Jackson. What can I do for you?”

“It’s about SG-11.”

Hammond stiffened slightly at the name, but nodded. “Colonel Rojc or Major Stace?”

“Major Stace. I’m a little worried that he’s under to much anger and grief.”

“He’s a trained soldier, Doctor. He knows how to deal with it.”

“Does he, sir? He didn’t look like he was in control in the conference room two days ago.” Daniel said stirring slightly in his chair. He began studying a paperweight as he talked.

“What do you suggest, doctor?” Hammond asked.

“Well, Major Stace seems to be angry at the world. That’s natural, but Colonel Rojc also seems to be nastier…toward Americans or anyone else. He’s pulling in to his shell so to speak.”

“He just lost four people on his team, Doctor. It’s expected.”

“I don’t know what to say, sir. Something feels different like a conspiracy. I can’t explain it. Something in their eyes, the way they talk, like they are planning something.”

“Revenge, maybe?”

“How do you take revenge on a System Lord?” Daniel asked. “We barely survive ourselves.”

“Well, you can relax, Doctor. They aren’t cleared to leave any time soon and I’ve been considering transferring Major Stace out of the SGC.”

“Oh?”

“Even if he gets over this, I don’t think he’ll be able to function as well in a team.” Hammond said folding his hands on the desk. “I haven’t made it final yet, but he hasn’t been helping his case.”

Daniel smiled weakly and stood. “Thanks for your time, General.”

“Any time.”

-----------------------------------

“Well?”

Dade turned to look at Jeremiah who had just exited the elevator with Hamilton behind him. They wore their civilian clothes and stepped aside for the base personnel leaving.

Before Rojc could answer, a voice came cheerily from his side. “Good evening, Colonel.”

Rojc and Stace turned to face Captain Walker with her ever-present grin and bright chipper salute.

“Captain.” Rojc answered.

“Looking forward to going on a mission with you, sir.” she said brightly rocking slightly on her heels and a big smile across her face.

“Not for a week, Captain. You can be patient till then.” Rojc said looking quickly past her down the hallway and noticing things were clear. “Going home for the night?”

“Yes, though you seem to be up late.” she answered inquisitively.

“Things we got to do.” Stace answered.

“Well, have a good night, sir.” she answered and left with a slight jump in her walk.

“A hate new soldiers.” Hamilton muttered. “They’re always perky.”

The trio continued down the hall and came to the armory. The lock was sealed and with a quick swipe, the door opened.

“Alright, you know what to grab. Let’s go.”

They quickly shed their civilian clothes for the black tactical cloth underneath they had been wearing. Rojc clipped a P-90 on his vest clip and passed them out. A hand gun on the left hip and a Zat on the right, they filled every ammo pocket and clipped grenades on their belt.

“Now, that’s what I’m talking about.” Hamilton said with glee.

Stace turned and saw him lift a SAW from its hook. “That’s to big, Sergeant.”

“If I’m going against those glowing eyed freaks, we’re going to need firepower. This…this is firepower.”

Rojc nodded. “If you can carry that thing.”

“Don’t worry about that,” he said shoving four high capacity magazines in to his backpack.

“Food verified, sir.” Stace said zipping up each secondary backpack. “We’ve got enough for 2 months.”

“We’ll have food before then.” Rojc said after going over his stuff a second time.

Hamilton patted the SAW and smiled. “Shall we go now before someone stops us?”

-------------------------

Knowing that it was foolish to forget her card, Amy had returned down all the floors to retrieve it from the women’s locker room when she noticed the open armory door. She watched it slam shut and Colonel Rojc, Major Stace, and the black man troop out with a large array of firepower.

‘Oh, no! I must have missed the mission call between floors!’ she panicked and rushed forward to quickly suit up and meet them in the gate room.

------------------------------

The two airmen had gone for their side arms, but as Stace already had his Zat out, he had dropped them with a blast each from the weapon.

“Thumb drive.” Dade called and Stace tossed it to him as he went to another computer. York stood by the door watching the many entrances. Only a technician came through and he was quickly dropped.

“I’m not comfortable with all this killing.” York muttered.

Dade finished uploading the program to the gate computer and holstered his zat. “Don’t worry. One shot only stuns. If you shoot them again they’ll be killed.”

“Nifty.” the man said admiring the snake shaped weapon.

“Alright, to the gate room.”

They trooped down the steps and in to the gate room and a cold chill gripped Rojc. Standing in the gate room was Captain Carter with four of her technicians working on a device.

“I need more power.” she called out to one of them. The other looked up and saw them and frowned.

“I said more power.” Samantha repeated and turned to see them standing there.

“Colonel Rojc?”

“Captain.” he answered quickly trying to think of an excuse to buy them time.

“Is there a problem?”

“No, Captain. We’re waiting for our mission to start.”

“There’s a mission scheduled this late?”

“Planet we’re going to is in its day time right now, Captain.” Major Stace said stepping up.

Samantha frowned. “I thought you weren’t cleared to leave, sir.”

“General Hammond decided to re-add me.”

The door behind them swished open and Captain Walker came walk in with her smile. “Ready to go, Colonel.”

Rojc spun around and saw the small woman all suited up and stammered.

“What are you doing here, Captain?”

“The mission. I saw you getting ready and thought I missed the call.” she answered puzzled.

“Go home, Captain. We don’t need you on this one.” Stace said.

“Colonel?” Samantha said.

‘How can this get worse?’ Rojc thought to himself.

“Un-authorized gate activation.” the voice called out over the speakers as the gate’s inner track began spinning.

Rojc had to give Captain Carter credit. She had realized what was up very quickly and began to turn and run for the alarm button. The three Zats popped out to discourage her or any of the technicians from trying.

“Colonel! What are you doing?” Samantha demanded.

“Doing what the SGC is incapable of doing.” Rojc said with a growl.

“Stand down, Colonel!”

Colonel Rojc turned to see General Hammond in the control room.

“No, sir.”

“Security!”

The room flooded as soldiers came running in. Stace jumped forward and fastened his hand on her suit and yanked her forward. He placed the zat to her head.
“Move and she’s dead.” Stace said backing up to use her as a shield.

“I can’t override the gate, sir,” the soldier at the gate controls said over the speaker.

“Close the iris.” The general ordered, but the technician shook his head. “They’ve disabled all control, sir.”

With a whoosh, the gate opened and they stepped on the ramp and moved toward the event horizon.

“Colonel, if you do this, you’ll be deserting. Stand down now.” Hammond said grabbing the microphone.

“The choice is made, sir.” Rojc said and stepped through the gate with York behind him. Stace roughly tossed Walker through.

The rage of Tanis filled him as he saw the glare from General Hammond and before he realized what he was doing, he fired a zat blast at the window with a snarl and through himself backward through the wormhole before the soldiers could open fire. The gate shut down leaving the room quiet.














This story archived at http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=4354