Login

Had I not seen the Sun von squibalicous

Flexing and gripping the handle bar of the poached Harley to fight off the chilled numbness of the wind, Jack weaved through the traffic on Route 24.  The SUV two hundred yards ahead of him did the same.  He was trusting that Samantha's abductors had not noticed him following them as they headed east, outside of Colorado Springs.

The sun was setting behind him.  As the cool night fell upon the way before him as he covered the distance between him and his prey.

He couldn't risk stopping and contacting the SGC, should he loose sight of the SUV.  Instead Jack had turned on his cell and dialed into Daniel's phone.  By this time, Daniel would have made it back to the SGC and Hammond would have the systems monitored for his call.  Not bothering to talk into the phone, he simply left the line open, knowing Walter would be able to trace his location and movements.

As they traveled further from the outlaying suburbs, the traffic around them thinned until it was Jack, the SUV and a few others making their way east.

Easing further away from the SUV so to avoid detection he thought back upon the incident at the motel.

Although his time with Samantha Carter had been short, he was confident that she was in no way in bed with the Gouald.    Which ever snake had taken her it had something to do with either her research or her recent assistance to the SGC. 

Jack's gut tightened at this thought.  They brought this upon her. He brought this upon her. 

Leaning forward, as if his body alone could will the machine underneath him faster to its unknown destination, Jack had one thought,

If those fuckers hurt her, no one will be left standing. Including myself.


The road became a straightaway.  There were was nothing ahead of him but darkness.  He had carefully paced his tail of the SUV.  If it was still on the road it would be a half of mile maybe more ahead of him.  He should be able to see its lit taillights. 

They turned off road. He thought.

Slowing the Harley and finding an even patch to turn, Jack headed back the way he came.  His last sighting of the SUV was six minutes ago.  He needed to backtrack along the road, slower than before to find a sign of where Samantha's abductors had turned.

Finally, an agonizing two minutes later Jack made out the opening of a dirt way with tire tracks.  It was possible the SUV turned sooner than at this point, but he had to investigate.

Turning onto the dirt way he shuddered from the cold crawling up his legs, concern following up with it. 

If he needed to run, his locked knees may not allow it.

As the long seconds ticked away he wondered if he had chosen the wrong way. 

What if they had turned sooner and were changing vehicles?  How would he find her after that?

Cresting a hill he made out a soft glow from over the next hill.  Slowing to a stop Jack jutted the bike stand into the hard ground.  He had to make the rest of the way on foot.  The distinct purr of the Harley would announce his approach.  Setting into a jog, Jack cursed under his breath.


George watched as the Jaffa dragged the unconscious woman from the back seat.

He was satisfied.  Satisfied that his months in purgatory were over.    

Since the moment he met his lord he wanted nothing more than to serve his will.  When his lord commanded him to take the position as a menial servant to this woman he felt he had been caste out from of his lord's glory. 

Now he will return to him with a most valued prize.

"Shor'wai'e - Yas - Yas" he commanded.

The entry door of the teltak slowly opened before him.  He and the Jaffa had waited for their transport to land.  The long drive was necessary to remove themselves from the populated area around Colorado Springs.

The last leg of the journey back to their lord would take less time. 


Jack took a slower pace as he came to the top the hill.  Lowering himself to the ground he crawled along until he came out by a cluster of bushes. 

Below him, he could make out the dimmed head lights of the SUV.  Twenty feet away was the looming outline of a teltak.  A single figure walked up the plank leading to the belly of the ship.  The doorway closed behind him.

Taking his cell from his pocket he put it to his ear,

"Daniel?" he whispered.

"Jack! We've been monitoring your movement."

"Good Daniel."

"Colonel O'Neill," Hammond spoke, "we have two Blackhawks in the air with marines on standby.  They are three minutes from your position."

"That may not be soon enough General.  They've loaded Samantha onto a teltak.  Once airborne, the Blackhawks will not be able to keep up."

"Can you delay its takeoff, Jack?"

"I got one .45 with a half a clip."

One gun, short on ammo against zats and a teltak.  Daniel and Hammond shared a telling stare.

"Jack," Hammond instructed, "stand down.  Once the teltak is airborne we can track its flight."

Jack let his head fall to the ground.  As much as it tore at him, he knew that any attempt he made would fail or worse, endanger Samantha.

"Understood General."

Jack stood as the teltak lifted from the ground, launching into the night.

As it faded quickly from sight he heard the advancing thump of the Blackhawks.

His phone still to his ear he heard Daniel,

"Jack. I need to tell about..." he paused, still unsure how his friend would take the information.

"What Daniel!"

"Jack, we heard from Kerry's office.  Earlier, she was with two other agents.  They found the guy responsible for the computer virus."

Jack froze.  The Blackhawks were closer, the rhythmic pump of their propellers filling the lonely hillside.

"They were bringing him in when...there was an explosion.  The entire floor of the building was destroyed.  They found the bodies of the two other agents, but Kerry...

Kerry is missing Jack."

As the Blackhawk landed close to where the teltak had only been a few minutes before, Jack ran down the steep hill.

Without another word to Daniel he snapped his phone shut.

Advancing on the first Blackhawk he waved at the marines who spilled out.

"Secure the area!"

Jumping into the door and taking the co-pilot seat he nodded to the pilot.

With ease the helicopter took off and headed back the way came.  Back to Cheyenne and further away from the fleeing teltak.