Login

Anything For You von Jez

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Anything For You

Anything For You

by Jez

TITLE: Anything For You
AUTHOR: Jez- jez80@ozemail.com.au
SPOILERS: 'Upgrades' (set about a year after)
Rating: AO (graphic rape; graphic consensual sex; language)
ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack and Heliopolis please.
SUMMARY: A night out for the team turns into a nightmare for Sam.
DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.
AUTHORS NOTES: A HUGE thanks to Kes and Julia for beta'ing this for me, and to everyone at Samjacknc17 for encouraging me to finish this.
FEEDBACK: This is different form my usual work, so I'd love to know your thoughts.

Jack looked at his watch for the third time in the last two minutes. "Come on, Carter!" he yelled through the closed door of their locker room. Daniel and Teal'c were waiting for them, and if they didn't get a move on, they'd never get a table at O'Malleys.

The door finally opened to reveal his 2IC wearing an outfit that *definitely* wasn't Air Force issue fatigues. "About time," he managed to mutter.

"If you want me to hustle for beer money, then I have to look the part," she told him with a grin. Although, truth be told, the black slim fitting jeans and the lavender stretch shirt were worn for her CO as much as for the guys at the pool table. Since the armband incident, the guys had caught on to her talent at pool. "Our own little pool shark," the Colonel had dubbed her.

Shaking her head in amusement, Sam looked at her CO. He was still staring at her openly. She grinned as she put her black leather jacket on. "Are you ready to go, Sir?"

Jack shook the impure thoughts from his head. "Huh? Oh, yeah. Ladies first." He swept his hand towards the elevator.

Sam gave him one of her megawatt smiles and preceded him down the corridor.

There was a companionable silence as they made their way to the surface, neither feeling the need to break it. "Finally!" Daniel exclaimed as soon as the elevator doors opened.

"Yeah, alright. I took longer than usual," Sam acquiesced. "You try getting that stuff the natives painted on me to come off and see how long it takes you."

"I thought you looked cute with your face painted," Jack told her with a grin. "And that outfit..." he trailed off at Sam's glare.

"I was going to say I'll buy the first round to make up for running late, but I think you should do that now, Sir."

He shook his head, exasperated. "I thought we agreed you would call me Jack off base?"

"We haven't left the base yet, Sir," she replied with a cheeky grin.

"Semantics, Samantha."

She laughed. "Whatever you say, Jonathan."

Daniel shook his head and started walking off towards Jack's car. Their flirting was getting worse. They'd yet to leave the base and they'd already started. He knew they'd gotten closer over the last year. He also knew that their stubborn loyalty to the military meant they'd done nothing to relieve the sexual tension that was smouldering between them.

*****

They managed to get a table at O'Malley's and each ordered a steak, thankful that everyone seemed to have forgotten the little incident that had occurred a year earlier.

"Must be your shout, Sam," Jack said as he drained his glass.

Giving an exaggerated sigh, she got to her feet and headed for the bar.

She never noticed the man at the end of the bar, openly devouring her with his eyes. It wasn't until she felt a hand on her back that she realised that anyone was paying her any attention.

"Can I buy you a drink, pretty lady?" he asked, slurring slightly.

Sam shrugged his hand off, trying not to grimace at the overpowering smell of whiskey. "I'm right, thanks." She went to turn away but he grabbed her arm, pulling her back around.

"Hey, I was offerin' you a drink. It's not polite to refuse."

The man that was standing on the other side of Sam, turned towards them. "Hey, buddy. I think the lady declined."

"Piss off! This has nothing to do with you," the drunk guy bellowed.

Jack, hearing the commotion, was over there in a second. "Sam? Everything okay?" he asked, getting in between her and the drunk guy.

Sam could see from Jack's tense stance that he was ready for trouble. She placed her hand on his shoulder, the effect immediate as he relaxed slightly. "It's okay, Jack. Help me with the drinks?"

He turned to her, giving her a smile and a nod. He was about to grab two of the glasses when the drunk guy grabbed him, spinning him around and punching him in the jaw. Jack's head snapped back slightly from the force.

"Whether she likes it or not, she's my screw for the night, buddy! Go find your own!" the man shouted.

Jack saw red, grabbing him by the throat, he spun him around and slammed him down on the bar. "Don't you ever talk like that about her, or any other woman again! You got that?! Go near her again and I will hurt you!"

The other man that had been standing next to Sam intervened, pulling Jack back. "Alright, that's enough. Let him up."

"Jack, please let him go?" Sam implored. "This isn't worth getting in trouble about."

Jack relented, letting go of the man and moving back to where Sam was standing, now with Daniel and Teal'c.

"What was that all about?" Daniel asked.

"Nothing," Sam replied, grabbing her drink. "Let's go back to our table." She sent the man that had intervened a smile as Jack ushered her past.

The man returned the smile, watching her as she walked off. He'd never seen anyone quite so beautiful. Sure, he'd seen beautiful women before, but the sparkling blue eyes, gorgeous body and a strength that he could see he would love. She was the one.

*****

An hour or so later, Jack excused himself to go to the bathroom, taking a little extra time to berate himself for the macho act he'd pulled. He knew Sam had been unimpressed, but when the guy had said those things about her, he just couldn't help himself. He loved her and, whether it was chauvinistic or not, he wanted to protect her.

Finishing his business, he washed his hands and returned to his friends. Sitting down beside Sam, he picked up his drink and joined in their conversation on the relevance of sitcoms. It was twenty minutes later that a group of police entered the bar and headed to their table. Sam recognised one of the detectives as the man that had been at the bar during Jack's scuffle earlier.

"Can I help you?" Jack asked as the man stopped beside their table.

The guy showed his badge, although his clothing made it fairly obvious. "I'm Detective Benson. That man that you had an altercation with earlier? Frank Travis?"

"Let me guess," Jack interrupted. "He's pressing charges?"

"It's a little more serious then that. He was found in the alley behind here with his head bashed in. They're not sure if he'll make it."

"Yeah? What's that got to do with us?"

Motioning for one of the uniformed police, Benson pulled Jack to his feet. "You are under arrest for attempted murder. You have the right to remain silent..."

"You can't be serious?!" Daniel cried.

"Your friend here was seen threatening the victim, and witnesses have stated that he was not here around the time of the attack."

Sam looked appalled. "That's your evidence?!"

"I'll need you to come to the precinct as well, Miss."

Teal'c suddenly stood, towering above the policemen. "You will remove your hands from my friends immediately or I will be forced to take action."

"It's alright, Teal'c," Jack quickly told the huge Jaffa. "It's just a misunderstanding. Don't do anything stupid. You guys meet us down at the precinct, okay?" He glared as one of the officers dragged Sam to her feet. "Take it easy!"

Detective Benson agreed, giving the officer an icy glare. "He's right. She's a witness not a suspect. You treat her with respect or you'll be on desk duty 'til doomsday, you got that?"

*****

They were taken in separate cars back to the precinct. Jack was dragged away by the uniforms while Sam was escorted back by Detective Benson. She felt like the guy was constantly watching her, even though his eyes were on the road every time she looked.

"If it's any consolation," he started, breaking the silence. "I know why your boyfriend did what he did. I don't think I could handle someone saying something like that to my woman."

"You don't know anything!" she spat in reply. "He didn't touch that guy, and he's not my boyfriend."

Benson was momentarily startled by her comment. He'd been sure that she'd been involved with that guy. Storing that fact away, he continued. "I saw him 'touch' Travis in the bar, and I heard him threaten him."

"And I was with him for the rest of the night," Sam insisted.

"No, you weren't. Don't lie, Miss. There's no reason for you to get into trouble as well."

Sam said nothing more for the rest of the ride.

*****

Jack sat at the desk in the interview room, trying to look bored even though he was far from it. He had no idea what was going on, but he hadn't liked the way that Detective Benson had been looking at Sam. Something wasn't right with that guy, but Jack couldn't put his finger on it. He looked up as the door opened and the man in his thoughts walked in. He was followed by another man, obviously another detective. Behind him was an Air Force officer.

"You my lawyer?" Jack asked.

"Yes, Sir," the clean cut young man answered. "I'm Major Callahan. We'll get you out of this as soon as we can."

"Sounds good to me," Jack replied.

"If we can begin?" Benson asked, sitting down opposite Jack. "Colonel, you assaulted the victim at the bar of O'Malley's earlier this evening. Could you tell me what that was about?"

"You know what that was about," Jack replied. "You were there."

"Please, Colonel," the other detective said. "I wasn't there. If you want us to help you, you've got to help yourself."

Jack looked to the Major before answering. "I didn't throw the first punch. He was harassing my friend and I went to see if she was okay. We went to walk away when he hit me. Then he said something about her and I retaliated. I know I shouldn't have and I released him as soon as Sam asked me to. That's it. We went back to our table and I never saw that guy again."

Benson looked at Jack for a long moment before asking another question. "Witnesses saw you leave your friends for a short period of time, where did you go?"

"I had to take a leak. Last time I checked there was no crime against that."

"You didn't take a detour out the back of the bar and bash Frank Travis' skull in?"

"No!" Jack replied, banging his hand on the table.

"You didn't take a brick and smash it against his head more than ten times?"

"My client has already given you the answer to that question. If there's nothing else, I'd like you to release him. You have nothing to hold him with."

"We'd like to talk to a few more witnesses before we release him. Make sure we've got all the facts."

"I wouldn't take too long, Detective. If you have no evidence then you cannot hold my client."

"We won't be long," Benson said as he got to his feet.

Jack turned to Callahan. "I want you with Major Carter when they interview her."

"I wasn't asked to do that," he replied.

"I don't care. I want you there."

Callahan turned to Benson. "Is Major Carter being charged with anything?"

Benson gave a smile that Jack didn't like. "Not at all. We're just going to ask her to confirm the fight and how long the Colonel was away for. Nothing that requires a lawyer."

The two detectives walked outside the interview room and Benson turned to his partner. "Look, we don't have a lot of time before we're going to have to release him. Why don't I go and talk to his girlfriend while you talk to that other witness? Hopefully we'll have something by then."

"You really think he did it?"

"I know I would if that beauty was mine."

*****

Sam stopped her pacing when the door opened and Detective Benson walked in carrying two Styrofoam cups. "Thought you might like some coffee," he said as he placed the cups on the table and took a seat.

"Are you going to release him?" she asked, ignoring the coffee but taking a seat.

"That all depends," Benson replied.

"On what?"

"On you."

"Excuse me? Detective, do you think that I'm going to give you something to incriminate my superior officer?"

"Please call me Robert. Despite what you may think, I'm just trying to get the facts. Now, what is your full name?"

"Major Samantha Carter."

"Okay, Samantha. What's your relationship to Colonel O'Neill?"

"He's my commanding officer and friend."

Robert looked thoughtful for a moment. "His behaviour seemed a little much for a friend and colleague."

"Well that's all he his. My team is very protective of me."

"What does your boyfriend think of this protectiveness?"

Sam glared at him. "Not that it's any of your business, but I'm single."

Robert raised an eyebrow. "Really? I find that hard to believe."

"Yeah, well believe it. Look, Detective, I'm not here to talk about my love life. I want to know what I can say to you that will convince you to let my CO go."

"Let me take you out to dinner," he replied without missing a beat.

"Excuse me?!"

"You said you're single. Go out with me."

"I can't believe you're trying to hit on me!"

"C'mon, Sam. I can make all of this go away. Just agree to dinner with me."

It took Sam a few minutes to grasp what she was hearing. "Are you saying that if I have dinner with you, you will drop the charges on Colonel O'Neill?"

He grinned. "Something like that."

She returned his gaze with a cool one of her own. "That could be considered blackmail," she pointed out.

"Ah, come on, Sam. It's just dinner. Is the thought of having dinner with me *really* that bad?"

Sam bit her tongue to stop the "yes" from passing her lips. She had to help her CO and if she only had to have dinner with the creep to achieve that, then how bad could it be? She was a Major in the US Air Force. As long as she set the rules, she'd be fine. "Okay, but let's get one thing straight. This is just dinner, nothing more. Got it?"

"Whatever you say. I'll just go and process your friend. Pick you up tomorrow at eight?"

Sam shook her head. "I'll meet you there."

"Now, now, Samantha. When I take a lady out, I pick them up and take them home. I'll see you tomorrow night." He paused at the door. "Oh, and wear a dress please." He smiled and left the room.

Sam slumped back in the chair. What had she gotten herself into?

*****

Jack was released "pending further inquiries," and the four of them headed out of the police precinct.

"Well that was weird," Daniel commented.

"Yeah," Jack agreed. "I wonder what happened?" He looked across at Sam, who was very quiet. "You okay, Carter?"

"Yeah, sure. Why wouldn't I be?"

That sentence confirmed his suspicions. He stopped, turning her to face him. "Sam? What'd you do?"

"It's nothing, okay? I just got the guy off your back. End of story." She walked off toward the car, leaving the guys to stare after her.

Jack, Daniel and Teal'c looked at each other before following her. "Sam? What's going on?" Daniel asked.

"I said leave it, Daniel. Let's just go home."

Jack shook his head, giving his best Colonel look. "No way. We're not going anywhere until you tell us what's going on."

Sam sighed, knowing she was defeated. "I just agreed to have dinner with the guy, that's all."

Jack's eyes widened in shock. "That's blackmail! How could you fall for that?!"

"You don't seem to get it. You were being charged with attempted murder! He gave me the option, I took it."

"You're in way over your head."

"I can handle it! Now can we *please* get out of here?" She turned and got into the car, declaring the argument over.

*****

The next day Sam was working in her lab when Jack walked in. "Hi," he said, looking over her shoulder at the device she was studying.

"Hi," she replied, a touch coolly.

"Look, Carter..."

"Sir, I know why you're here," she interrupted. "I know you don't agree with what I did, but I couldn't let them put you away for something you didn't do. Not when there was something I could do about it."

Jack turned her towards him, stooping slightly so he could look into her eyes. "And what if he expects more than dinner? Where are you going to draw the line?"

"I can look after myself."

He sighed. "Don't sell your soul for me, Sam. I'm not worth it."

She reached up and placed a gentle hand on his cheek. "I think you are."

*****

Sam heard the doorbell ring at eight o'clock sharp. She took one final look in the mirror. The black dress she wore was feminine without being too sexy, and she'd been fairly conservative on the make-up, not wanting the man to think she was trying to impress him. When she'd started getting ready, she'd thought about deliberately making herself look bad, but one thought of Jack O'Neill in jail had made her reach for a dress.

Opening the front door, she tried to smile at the man in front of her as he let out a long whistle. "Hi, Sam. You look great!" he enthused, letting himself in before she'd even offered.

He handed her a red rose, which she accepted with a tight smile. "Thanks. I'll just get my jacket and we can go."

"No rush," he replied, looking around her living room. Sam had many pictures on her mantle, but one in particular caught his eye. It was of Sam, Jack and Cassandra, taken at one of their outings to the park. Cassie and Jack were tickling Sam, and she was laughing, leaning into Jack.

"Ready?" Sam asked, walking back out into the room. She wanted to get the night over with as soon as possible.

He turned to her, raising an eyebrow. "Have you and O'Neill got a kid?" he asked, indicating the photo.

Sam's eyes grew wide. "What?! Oh, that's Cassie! She's the daughter of a friend of ours. We're like her honorary Aunt and Uncle."

He nodded, accepting her answer. "Shall we go?"

*****

Sam had to admit, the dinner wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. He took her to an expensive restaurant and afterwards, they went dancing. Robert would have been nice company if he wasn't constantly mentally undressing her. She knew he was trying to get her drunk, but little did he know she had a remarkable tolerance to alcohol for someone her size.

He drove her home and parked outside her building. "Do you mind if I come in for coffee? I think I had a little too much to drink and I'd hate to be pulled over for DUI."

Sam shook her head. "Look, I don't..."

"Come on, Sam. It's just coffee. No big deal, and a nice way to finish the date. You want this to finish on a good note, don't you?"

Sam didn't think for one second that the statement was as innocent as it sounded. She could hear the threat behind his words. "Okay," she relented. "But it's *just* coffee, okay?"

He grinned at her. "Whatever you say, Sam."

They went up to her apartment and Sam left Robert in the living room as she made the coffee. She took a moment to calm herself as the kettle boiled. She didn't feel safe being alone with this guy. All of her instincts were screaming at her to get him out. "Come on, Sam," she whispered. "You're a soldier. You can handle yourself. Don't let Jack down now." That said, she made the coffee and took it out to him.

Smiling at her, Robert took the offered cup and they sat in relative silence as they drank it. "That was great, Sam. Thanks," he told her as he placed his empty cup on the coffee table. He got up, moving to sit beside her on the sofa, and Sam suddenly felt claustrophobic.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude, but it's getting late and I have an early start in the morning." She jumped as she felt his hand on her knee. She pushed it away, getting to her feet. "Hey! The deal was for coffee, remember?"

He rose from the couch as well, grasping the tops of her arms. "Come on, Sam. You're not naive. We both know what happens when a person gets invited in for coffee."

"Yeah, they have coffee and they leave!" she spat, trying to get out of his embrace. He held her tighter, almost to the point of pain.

"Think about what you're doing. You don't want your boss in any trouble do you? It would be easy to find something that would point the finger at him." He pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her and running his hands down her back to her bottom. "You choose, Sam. A night with me, or O'Neill in jail. It's up to you."

He ran his hands down to grasp the hem of her dress, raising it up so he could touch her flesh. Sam had to fight back the sick feeling as she realised the score. Either she had sex with this guy, or he would set Jack up. She sighed and Robert saw the realisation on her face.

"That's more like it. I promise you won't be disappointed." He backed them up to the couch and sat down, pulling her with him so she straddled his legs.

He nuzzled into her neck as his hands travelled up to her breasts and Sam had to close her eyes to stop the tears from welling. Robert mistook her reaction and grinned. "That's it, Sam. I want you to enjoy yourself." He grasped one of her hands, which had been hanging limply by her sides, and moved it to his hardening penis, encouraging her to stroke him.

With her eyes closed, Sam tried to imagine that she was with a different man. A man with deep brown eyes who she loved with all of her heart. She felt like she was somehow betraying him, but it was for him that she had to do this. With that in mind, she opened her eyes and reached for the fly of Robert's pants. Undoing it, she released him from his briefs. Her only thoughts were of making him come before he tried to have sex with her. She could almost handle him touching her, but the thought of him being inside her made her stomach lurch.

Robert gasped as she started to touch him. After only a few moments he had to still her hands. "We don't want this over too quickly now," he said as he removed her hands and helped her to her feet. He led her to the bedroom and quickly removed both of their clothes. He pushed her back onto the bed and, before she could even react, he was on top of her. He was kissing and biting her neck as his lower body moved against her.

"Lay still," he instructed her as he moved down her body. Sam cursed herself as her body reacted against her will. He was kissing down her stomach, moving further down over the triangle of curls and beyond. As his fingers entered her, Sam realised that things were going to get painful unless she became more aroused. She felt how tight she was as he entered another finger and closed her eyes. Her mind conjured up the image of Jack. She knew he would be a gentle but passionate lover. He'd take her to levels she'd never reached before. She moaned as Robert continued his ministrations, but in her mind it was Jack's fingers and tongue and she felt her body become more aroused.

Suddenly, the fingers and mouth were gone, and a body settled above her. The change brought her back to reality. "Wait, what about protection?"

Robert shook his head. "I don't have anything to pass on, and I'm sure you don't either." He motioned to the pack of birth control pills on her bedside table, "I see you've got the baby thing covered. Besides, it's more pleasurable for us both without anything."

Sam pushed him off her and got off the bed. "No way! We are *not* doing this without a condom! You put one on or get the hell out!"

Robert rose as well, moving towards her. "Get on the bed, Sam. No one likes a tease."

"Tease, my ass! You're the one issuing all the threats! I don't want to have sex with you! I think you should just get out and leave me and my friends alone!"

He reached out, grasping her arms roughly and shaking her slightly. "Do you want me to kill him?!" he growled. "I will, you know. It'd be *so* easy to do, and no one would know."

"You wouldn't dare," she replied, her voice catching.

"Oh, yes I would. Who do you think bashed that guy's skull in? Your choice, Sam. You tell me to go and I will. I'll go straight to O'Neill's and I'll kill him."

"No, please don't," she whispered, trying hard to stop the tears welling.

"Tell me what you want." He grabbed her chin as she shook her head. "Tell me!"

Sam's anger kicked in. "Just get on with it you bastard! The sooner you come, the sooner you can get the hell out of my house!"

He pushed her back on the bed, moving until he was over her once more. "If you stopped resisting, you'd enjoy this a lot better."

Sam cried out as he entered her, the pain more then she'd imagined. She wanted to struggle, to get him off her and do some serious damage to him. But she couldn't risk him hurting Jack, no matter what the cost.

Closing her eyes, she tried to imagine she was somewhere else. In the large double bed she'd spotted at the Colonel's house, making love to him. But as much as she tried, she couldn't imagine it being Jack, because she knew that Jack would never hurt her as much as she hurt right then. Robert's constant moaning and his comments about her being so tight didn't help her escape the reality of the situation.

She finally felt him come, relief flooding her even as the pain continued. She couldn't stop the tears from welling as he collapsed on top of her, twitching inside of her as he panted in her ear.

"That was great," he told her when he eventually rolled off her.

"Get out," she whispered, trying to cover herself.

"What?"

"I said get out! Now!" she shouted.

He rolled towards her. "Sam..."

"Get the hell out of my house!"

He sighed and got to his feet. Fine. If that's the way you want to play it. I'll come and see you when you've calmed down a bit."

"Don't you ever come near me again!"

He knelt back on the bed and forced her to look at him. "You just remember who's holding the cards here, sweetheart. I can have your boyfriend put in jail, or worse, before you even know what's hit you." He forced a bruising kiss on her lips, before dressing and leaving the apartment.

Sam couldn't move for a few minutes. She just lay there, curled up in a ball, sobbing. Then she shuddered, getting quickly to her feet and running to the bathroom to be sick. Once her heaves had stopped, she got shakily to her feet and got into the shower. The almost scalding water hit her full force, but she didn't notice the heat as she tried to scrub herself clean. It was only once the water had turned cold that she finally got out of the shower. She quickly got dressed, hating the feeling of being naked, and walked out into the living room. She remained there for the rest of the night, staring blindly in front of herself as she tried to figure out what she was going to do.

*****

Sam made her way quickly to the infirmary when she got to the base, avoiding everyone as she went. Although she'd tried to look as normal as possible, she knew that her friends would be able to spot a problem immediately and she wasn't ready to explain to them. She knew she needed to talk, and that Janet was the only one who could possibly understand.

Janet looked up as she heard the door open, smiling when she saw her friend. "Hey, Sam. What's up?"

Sam looked around nervously. "Are we alone?"

Janet nodded. "Yeah, why?" Her gaze narrowed at the troubled look on her friend's face. "What's going on?"

Sam sighed. "I'm in some trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"

"Well, for a start, I had unprotected sex last night."

Janet's jaw dropped in surprise. "Sam! I thought you were smarter then that?!"

"I didn't exactly have any choice," Sam replied.

Janet's eyes widened and her mouth went dry. "You mean, you... you were raped?"

"No!" was Sam's immediate reply. She paused. "Well, not really. God, that line's become a little blurry of late."

Janet led Sam over to an exam table and sat her down. "Tell me what happened, from the beginning."

Taking a deep breath, Sam explained what had happened at the bar and later at the police precinct, before moving on to her evening with Robert. By the time she finished, her emotions had gotten the better of her and she was weeping openly. Janet took her friend in her arms, hugging her and telling her they'd sort it out. What she didn't say was that she had no idea how. It wasn't as if they could just go to the police.

Jack turned into the infirmary, having searched everywhere else for Sam. He spotted them immediately, his eyes narrowing as he watched the doctor comfort his colleague and friend. "What's wrong?" he asked, moving over to where they were seated.

Sam looked up, surprised. "Nothing," she replied, quickly wiping the tears from her face.

"Like hell!" Jack stated, seeing the slight bruising around her lips and the hickey on her throat. "What'd that bastard do to you?"

Janet looked at him sharply. "You knew about this? And you didn't try to stop her?"

"Oh I tried, and I won't try again." He stepped in front of Sam, stooping down so they were eye to eye. "You are *not* to see that guy again, you hear me?"

"But he'll..." she began to protest.

Jack cut her off. "I don't care. Let him do what he wants."

"You'll be put away for a crime you didn't commit!" she cried, not daring to voice Robert's other threat.

"And you'll be safe. Fair trade if you ask me."

Sam shook her head stubbornly, getting up and moving away from him. "No. This is my problem. I got myself into this mess, I can get myself out of it."

"Sam," Janet implored, stepping into the argument. "Something has got to be done. No matter what you say, you did not give consent."

Jack's eyes suddenly held murderous rage. "Are you saying he... forced himself on you?!"

"Colonel..."

"I'm going to kill him!" he raged, heading for the door.

"No! Colonel, please!" Sam cried, moving in front of him.

"Get out of my way, Carter!" he growled.

"Please don't do anything," she pleaded. "If you do anything he'll have you arrested, and what happened to me will be for nothing." The tears streamed down her face. "Please, Jack. Don't let it be for nothing."

His heart melted at the sight of her, sobbing in front of him. He opened his arms, whispering a quiet "come here," and she hesitantly accepted his embrace. "We'll get him, Sam," he vowed. "We'll figure out a way to get him."

Once she'd calmed down, Jack led her back over to the bed and sat her down. "Okay, now what?" he asked, looking from Janet to Sam. "I mean, we can't just go to the cops."

"Well, first I think I should give Sam an exam," Janet said. "Collect some evidence."

Sam shook her head. "I, ah... I showered afterwards. I just..."

Janet nodded her understanding. "It's okay, Sam. We'll do the exam anyway. You said he didn't use a condom, so we should be able to get something."

Sam saw Jack's jaw tighten in suppressed anger and grimaced. She sighed in defeat, feeling mentally and physically drained. "What's that going to prove, Janet? Only that I had sex with the guy. He'll just say I gave consent and, technically, I did."

"Let me do the exam, Sam? Then we can take it from there."

Sighing again, Sam shrugged. "If you think it's necessary."

Nodding, Janet turned to Jack, who didn't look like he was going anywhere. "Sir?"

"Yeah?" he asked, shaking from his thoughts.

"You might want to..." She gestured to the door.

"Oh, yeah. I'll, um... I'll go and see the General."

"Don't tell him," Sam immediately implored.

"Carter, we might need his help. At the very least, he's going to need to know that one of his officers isn't fit for duty."

Anger flared in Sam's eyes. "Excuse me?! Who said anything about me not being fit for duty?!"

"Sam..." Janet began, only to be cut off.

"No! I'm fine."

"Carter, you're not fine. You've got to give yourself some time here. Trust me, I..."

You know?!" she spat. "How could you possibly know?!"

Janet placed a calming hand on her arm. "You're right, he couldn't know, but I do. That's why you came here this morning, right, Sam? Because you knew that I'd understand?" Sam was one of the few people that knew that Janet had been raped by her brother's friend as a teenager. It was still a painful memory for her, but it was also something that had made her a stronger person. She knew she had to help Sam through this so it would make her stronger as well.

Sam nodded, her anger leaving as quickly as it had come.

"Then trust me when I say that the Colonel's right. You need time to get over this. Throwing yourself into your work just doesn't help."

"I just can't get it out of my head, Janet. It just keeps repeating itself over and over." She shuddered and Janet wrapped her arms around her, whispering that she understood and that she'd help her.

*****

Jack walked down the corridor to the General's office, trying to figure out what he was going to tell his superior officer. How could he explain why Sam did what she did when he didn't understand it himself?

Knocking on the door, Jack opened it once he heard the gruff "enter!" and walked into Hammond's office. "Colonel," the General greeted. "I hope you're not here to tell me you're in more trouble?"

"No, Sir. I kind of wish I was."

Hammond saw the worry and rage mixed in his 2IC's eyes and his heart rate increased slightly. "Sit down. Tell me what the problem is."

Jack sat down and took a moment to gather his thoughts. "Well, Sir, the thing is, my release by the police isn't as innocent as them having no evidence..."

"Are you telling me you're not innocent?"

Jack's eyes widened. "No, Sir! I'm telling you that the detective heading the investigation blackmailed Carter."

Hammond raised an eyebrow, not able to see that the normally intelligent Major would fall for something like blackmail. "How so?"

"He told her he'd drop all charges on me if she went on a date with him."

"And she agreed?!"

Jack nodded. "Yes, Sir. There's more. He... Sir, he raped her."

Hammond's face paled. "Oh, God. Where is she?"

"Doc. Fraiser's checking her out in the infirmary."

"Good." He sat there for a minute, trying to absorb what he'd been told. Suddenly he banged a fist on the desk, making Jack jump. "That son of a bitch is not going to get away with this!" he raged. "If he thinks he can touch one hair on her head and get away with it..." He broke off, realising he was acting very uncharacteristically.

Jack understood. He knew that Sam was like a daughter to his superior officer, and knew Hammond would do anything to help.

There was a knock on the door and Janet entered. Jack was surprised to see her so quickly but after looking at his watch he realised that an hour had passed since he had left the infirmary.

"How is she?" Hammond asked.

"I've given her a mild sedative so she can get some sleep. She's pretty upset as you can well imagine."

"The exam?" Jack asked, not wanting to hear it but at the same time needing to know.

Janet sighed, taking a seat. "It was pretty obvious that she was forced. I did a rape kit, but how are we going to get this guy?"

"I might be able to help with that," Hammond replied. "My son-in-law is in Internal Affairs. I'm sure if I tell him he can help."

He picked up the phone and got an outside line. Dialling an obviously familiar number, he waited. "Hi, honey, it's your dad," he said as his daughter answered. "Do you think you can get Robbie to be at my place tonight, say seven? I need his help with a rather urgent matter... Thanks, honey. Bye." Hanging up the phone, he looked at the two officers sitting opposite him. "If there's anything that can be done, Robbie will know."

"Lets just hope then," Janet said quietly, placing her hands in her lap with a sigh.

*****

Sam sat in Hammond's living room, wringing her hands in nervousness. Janet, who was sitting beside her, patted her arm in support. They all jumped at the sound of the doorbell. Hammond gave her a reassuring smile as he rose and went to let his son-in-law in. He returned a few minutes later, a tall man in his late thirties was following him. "Robbie, this is Colonel Jack O'Neill, Major Samantha Carter, Doctor Janet Fraiser, Doctor Daniel Jackson and Teal'c. Team, this is my son-in-law Robbie Winston."

They all said their hello's and Robbie took a seat next to Hammond. "Okay, Dad, what's this all about?"

Hammond explained the situation to the man while Jack scrutinised him. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes that, as far as Jack could tell, looked honest. He seemed genuinely disgusted with what he heard.

Once Hammond had finished, Robbie turned to look at Sam. "I wish it were different, Sam, but the reality is, I'm not sure we'd be able to get a conviction with what we've got." He took a deep breath, knowing what he said next would not go down well. "Having said that, there is a way we can ensure we get a conviction."

"How?" Sam asked.

"We get him to confess on tape."

Jack snorted, getting to his feet. "Yeah, I can really see that happening."

"You're right, it wouldn't be that straight-forward."

"You want me to get him to say it, don't you," Sam said, understanding what Robbie was getting at. "He wouldn't know it was being taped."

"No way!" Jack exploded, catching on. "It's not going to happen!"

"Colonel O'Neill, sit down!" Hammond bellowed. "The decision is Major Carter's and hers only! You will stand by whatever decision she makes."

Sam looked around at all of the faces looking expectantly back at her. She looked down at her hands, trying to decide if she was brave enough to confront the man that had turned her world upside down. Looking up, everyone saw the determined look in her eye and knew what her decision was. "Okay, how do we do this?"

*****

Jack looked around the small confines of the surveillance van, feeling claustrophobic. He needed to pace, and he couldn't do it holed up in the van. Robbie told them that they weren't allowed outside in case Benson turned up and spotted them. "I don't like this idea. She'll be in there by herself with that creep."

"We can't risk having someone spotted in the apartment. We're just outside. It'll take us a minute to get to her."

"A lot can happen in a minute," Jack retorted.

"Have a bit of faith in her, Jack," Daniel said. "She needs to get her confidence back. You suddenly getting over-protective is just going to make her feel like she can't do anything on her own."

Teal'c raised an eyebrow. "Daniel Jackson, is Colonel O'Neill not always over-protective of Major Carter?"

Jack's reply was cut off by Robbie. "He's here," he said.

*****

Sam couldn't stop pacing the room. She knew she had to calm down, or she'd give the game away far too easily. She looked to the coffee table, making sure that the listening device was invisible on it's underside. She knew that Robbie had put one in the bedroom as well. That thought alone terrified her. Jack had reassured her that, whether they got his confession or not, the minute she called for help, they'd be there. It reassured her somewhat.

She jumped as the phone rang. She let it ring three times and then it stopped. He heart skipped a beat as she realised that was the signal to tell her Robert was on his way. "Okay, Sam. You can do this," she said to herself, forgetting that the guys could hear her. She quickly grabbed a book off the book shelf, so it wouldn't look like she was sitting there doing nothing. Robbie had told her not to put the TV or stereo on so she couldn't use those as an excuse. She heard footsteps and then a solid knock on the door.

Taking her time, not only so she didn't seem to be expecting him, but also so she could gather her courage, Sam went to the door and opened it. "Oh, it's you," she said when she saw him, fear making her stomach churn.

"Hi, Sam," he said, an almost gentle tone to his voice. He handed her a bunch of flowers as he entered her apartment, closing the door behind him. "I missed you yesterday," he told her as he reached out for her.

"Don't touch me," she told him, moving across the room.

He sighed. "You know, Sam. I thought you may have been a little warmer towards me. I mean, we did make love a few days ago."

Sam gaped at him. "Made *love*?! You raped me!"

"You didn't seem to put up much of a fight. In fact, I seem to remember getting your permission."

"You're sick, you know that? First you set my friend up for attempted murder. Then, when I resisted, you threatened to kill him!"

"But you had a choice, Sam. You always had a choice. You chose to go out to dinner with me so I'd let your boss walk. You chose to have sex with me so I wouldn't kill him."

"You call that a choice?!"

*****

Jack threw the headphones on the ground and got to his feet. "There, he said it. Let's get her away from him."

"Not yet," Robbie replied. "We need to be able to pin that drunk's assault on him as well. It's the only way to ensure he'll go away for a long time."

Giving a frustrated growl, Jack threw himself back in the chair and put the headphones back on. "Get your fucking hands off me!" he heard Sam say.

"You know your problem, Sam? You just need to get laid regularly. I could feel how tight you were, it'd obviously been a while for you."

Jack could feel his blood boil and didn't think he could take much more. Daniel, seeing his friend's agitated state, gave Teal'c a look. Teal'c nodded, knowing that he may have to restrain him.

"Why are you doing this?" they heard Sam ask. They could all hear the fear in her voice.

"Because I want you," Robert replied. "I saw you at the bar and I was going to talk to you when that creep started harassing you. Then O'Neill comes charging in, saving the day and the only thing I get is a little smile. I sought revenge for what that guy said. O'Neill wasn't the one that made him beg for mercy and promise to never touch another woman again, that was me. I only wanted to scare him, but then I got thinking. I knew I had to get O'Neill out of the way if I was to have a shot with you."

"So you bashed his skull in?" Sam prompted.

Robert pulled her close, and she could feel his erection pressing against her hip. "It's a turn on, isn't it? Does it make you hot that I did that for you? That I almost killed that guy for you?"

"No," Sam replied, praying that the guys were on their way. "It makes me sick."

"Well it makes me horny," Robert said and kissed her forcibly, pushing her back onto the sofa.

*****

The guys were on their way. As soon as the words "I almost killed" had been said, Jack was climbing out of the van and racing towards the apartment, Daniel and Teal'c in tow.

Robbie quickly gave the order to the other policemen and they all followed. Jack cursed as he raced up the stairs, wondering why Sam had to be on the eighth floor. He was almost out of breath when he finally got there, but the adrenaline brought on by fear for Sam kept him going. As he neared her door, he heard her cry "get off me!" Fear gripping him, he burst through the door, seeing Robert straddling Sam and in the process of removing her shirt.

"Get off her, you bastard!" he roared, launching himself at the detective and pulling him away from her. Jack began punching him repeatedly.

Teal'c had to drag him away. "Think of Major Carter," the Jaffa quietly told him and Jack immediately turned to see her sitting on the couch, shaking and trying to cover herself. He was over there in two strides, wrapping the Afghan around her and pulling her firmly into his embrace. "I got you." he whispered, rocking her as she started to cry. "It's all over now."

Benson was dragged away by the uniformed police while Robbie walked up to Sam and Jack. He squatted in front of Sam, giving her a reassuring smile. "We need to get a statement off you, Sam, but I think it can wait until tomorrow. Is there somewhere you can go tonight?"

"I'll take her home with me," Jack said. "I'll bring her in for your statement tomorrow."

Robbie nodded, "Get her out of here, Colonel."

Jack nodded, pulling Sam to her feet. He looked across at Daniel and Teal'c, who were standing close enough in case they were needed, but far enough away not to intrude. "Can you guys pack some of Sam's stuff for her and then meet us at my place?" He looked down at the woman who was clinging to him. "You might wanna get Doc. Fraiser as well," he added.

He lead Sam out to her car and drove her to his house. Leading her inside, he sat her on the sofa and got her a glass of whiskey. He was worried. She hadn't said a word since they'd left the apartment. He watched as she took a sip, grimacing slightly at the taste. "This stuff will kill you, Colonel," she finally said.

Jack grinned, sitting down next to her. "It's Jack, remember? And you're right. You better give it to me."

"Get your own drink," she replied.

There was a knock at the door and Jack rose to let Janet, Daniel and Teal'c in. As he turned back, he saw Sam had put her drink down and was sobbing into her hands. Janet was over there in a flash. "Don't cry, Sam. It's all over now. He can't hurt you anymore," she soothed, rubbing her back. She turned to Daniel, who was holding her medical bag. "Can I have that? I need to get a sedative..."

"No, Janet," Sam interrupted, raising her head. "No sedatives."

"Sam..."

"Please? I just... I want to be able to wake up when I want. Please, don't give me a sedative?"

Janet looked at Jack who gave her a slight nod of agreement. "Okay then, no sedative. Why don't you come and stay with me for a while, huh? Then I'll be close by if you need me."

Sam shook her head. "Cassie doesn't need to be exposed to this. She's too young to have to deal with this."

"I disagree. I think she needs to know about date rape," Janet argued.

Sam nodded. "You're right, she does. But not up close and personal like this. She's been through enough. Besides," she continued, casting a quick glance at Jack. "I feel safe here."

Janet smiled and nodded, getting to her feet. "Then here you should stay. I'll leave these here if you need them, and you call me if you need me. I don't care what time it is, okay?"

"Thank you," Sam replied, hugging her friend.

"Goodnight, Sam."

Jack saw the three of them out and then turned back to Sam. She'd picked her drink back up and tried another sip. He sat back down beside her and stayed quiet, watching her carefully. She stared into the glass, as if it could tell her all the answers. Jack let her gather her thoughts, not trying to fill the silence.

"I thought he was going to do it again," she finally told him.

"I told you I'd be there," Jack admonished. "I wouldn't let him do it again, Sam. Hell, I shouldn't have let it happen the first time."

"It wasn't your fault, Jack. Don't blame yourself." She shook her head. "I can't believe how naive I was. It's not a term I normally associate with myself. I just... I thought that as long as I was clear on what I would and wouldn't let happen, everything would be fine."

"But it wasn't."

"No, it wasn't. As soon as I drew a line, he'd threaten to do something to you, and I just couldn't let that happen."

He looked at her for a long moment. "Why, Sam? Why go through that for me?"

She knew she had to tell him. There was only one answer that he would accept and that was the truth. "Because I love you. And I'd do *anything* to keep you safe and with me."

"Oh, baby," he breathed, unconsciously using the term of endearment. He pulled her to him, hugging her close. "You wanna do something for me? You stay safe. You don't risk yourself."

"Jack..." she began to protest.

"No, Sam. I love you, and it kills me to see you hurting. Please, promise me you won't put yourself on the line for me?"

She stared at him. "You said it."

"Sam, don't change the..." He was cut off by her lips on his.

It started off as a soft, hesitant kiss. Lips barely touching as she tried to judge his reaction. When he didn't pull back, she increased the contact, pulling him closer as her mouth opened under his. Jack's brain took a hike as his hormones took over, tangling his tongue with hers as he leaned into her, pushed her back onto the sofa.

Sam was also thoroughly enjoying the moment, and it wasn't until she felt his hand under her shirt that she realised they couldn't continue. "Jack, stop," she gasped, pushing on his chest.

It took a moment for her words to register. When they did, he jumped up as if burned. "Oh, God, Sam. I'm *so* sorry. I..." He turned away, ashamed.

"It's okay," she tried to assure him.

"No, it's not. I... I don't know what came over me. I..."

She chuckled slightly. "I do. The same thing that came over me. Jack, I want you, don't think for a minute I don't. But after what happened with Robert..."

"You need time," he finished for her, nodding his understanding.

She smiled. "Just until I heal physically. Then I'm going to need you to help heal the rest."

"You've got me, Sam. Whatever you need, whenever you need it, I'm here for you."

She gave him a teary smile. "Thank you. You don't know how good it is to hear that."

He smiled, wiping her tears away and kissing her tenderly.

*Epilogue*

Jack sighed as he walked up the path to his front door. He was tired. SG-1 had returned that morning from a two day mission, and then Hammond had decided he wanted Jack's overdue paperwork that afternoon. Sam had left a few hours earlier, telling him that she'd see him later on.

It'd been two months since Benson had been arrested. His trial had finished the week before with the now former detective being jailed for ten years. Sam had come through the trial surprisingly well, but she assured him it was only because she had him by her side to help her. She'd moved in with him the day after Benson's arrest, telling the General that she needed to be somewhere that she felt safe. She forgot to mention that she felt safest cocooned in Jack's arms, in his bed.

Despite the sleeping arrangements, they hadn't made love. Jack had given Sam the time that she needed and, surprisingly, he was content with the way things were. He was in no hurry to start their physical relationship as the rest was more than enough for him right then.

He opened the door, surprised that it was quiet. He thought Sam would have waited up for him. Looking at his watch, he realised that it was just past eleven. Not all that late, but then again Sam had told him that she'd had a hard afternoon in the lab.

Ensuring that the place was locked up, he walked up the hall to their bedroom. The door was closed, which was odd. The only time they closed the door was if Daniel and Teal'c were staying over. He wondered whether there was someone in the spare room. Opening the door, he stopped dead. The room was bathed in the soft glow of candle light. He could smell the vanilla scent from the burning incense sticks. There, sitting on the bed, was Sam.

"I was starting to wonder if you were coming home tonight," she told him as she put her book on the floor beside the bed.

It took Jack a few moments to reply. He was too busy staring at what she was, or rather wasn't, wearing. She was dressed in a short blood red neglige that showed off her fine figure. "I, uh... I... What's going on?" he finally asked.

She giggled a little. "I'm trying to seduce you," she replied, getting up from the bed.

He grinned back at her, running his hands down the satin covering her back as she pressed herself against him. "Really? You sure, Sam? There's no rush to do this."

She pouted slightly. "Don't you want to?"

He pulled her fully against her, making sure she could feel his arousal. "What do you think?"

"I think that's either a gun in your pocket or you, Colonel, are *very* happy to see me," she purred.

He chuckled, standing there while she went to work on removing his jacket and black T-shirt. He could see that she was nervous. Her hands shook slightly as she reached for his pants. Jack grasped them, moving them up to his mouth and kissing the knuckles of each. "Just relax, Sam. There's no rush, we've got all night."

He brought his lips to hers, gently probing until she allowed his tongue entrance. His arms went around her, hands moving over her satin covered body. Sam moaned, once again reaching for his pants. He allowed her to undo them this time, stepping out of them so he stood before her in his utilitarian white boxers. It wasn't like she'd never seen him in boxers before. It was what he wore to bed every night. But they normally weren't tented out in obvious testament to his arousal.

Sam looked at him, as he stood there staring at her. He could see she was excited as well. Her erect nipples were poking through the satin of her negligee and her breathing rapid. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, pulling her back into his embrace. "So beautiful," he repeated.

As they continued to kiss, Jack lowered them gently to the bed, moving so that he covered her body with his. Sam ground herself against him, making him groan in need. She tugged at his boxers, until he relented and removed them, pulling her negligee off at the same time. His eyes swept over her body, taking in every curve and committing it to memory. Kissing her once more, he ran a hand down her side and back up the inside of her thigh. He found the tangle of curls that he was looking for and started caressing her most erogenous zone.

"Oh, Jack," Sam moaned, closing her eyes and laying her head back on the pillows.

Grinning, Jack started kissing down her body, so his lips could join his hand. He took a moment to inhale her scent, relishing how it excited him more. Burying his mouth against her, he got to work making her as aroused as possible.

Sam sighed at the feeling, closing her eyes and savouring the sensations. Suddenly, a memory came to her, of the last time that someone had done that to her, and what had occurred after. "No!" she cried, pushing him away without really realising what she as doing.

"Sam?" Jack asked, confused. He moved back up beside her and looked at her teary eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just... shit!" she cursed, closing her eyes.

"Hey, baby," he whispered, caressing her cheek. "It's okay. We don't have to continue."

Her eyes opened and she looked at him resolutely. "Yes we do. Jack, I love you and I want to make love to you. It won't matter how long we wait, I'm still going to be nervous as hell. Please, can we keep going?"

Jack smiled, kissing her tenderly as he pulled her body over his. Pulling back slightly, he smiled. "Do to me what you will," he quipped.

Sam smiled, understanding that he was allowing her to take complete control. She sat on his thighs, rising up and just looking at him for a moment. Jack was looking back at her, his eyes reassuring her as much as they were telling her he wanted her. "Sit up," she whispered, and he immediately obeyed. She kissed him hard, running her hands across his chest and then down, taking him firmly in her hand.

Jack's hips tried to rise off the bed to meet her hand, and he gasped into her mouth. Sam held him as she rubbed herself against him, feeling herself become very aroused. When she was ready, she rose up, lowering herself slowly until she was completely surrounding him.

They stayed still for a few moments, staring into each other's eyes until Sam finally started moving above him. Jack did nothing, not wanting to frighten her, but when she started whispering encouragements, he couldn't resist holding her hips and thrusting up as she lowered herself onto him. He tried hard not to change the rhythm, but he was reaching the pinnacle, and he couldn't help speeding things up a little.

His orgasm struck suddenly and he tensed, groaning as he emptied himself into her. He sagged against her, panting. "Sorry," he rasped, knowing she hadn't climaxed.

"Don't be," she whispered, stroking his sweaty nape. "It would have been a miracle if I had come with you, Jack. Maybe next time it'll be different."

Grinning at the thought, Jack leaned back so her laid on the bed, pulling Sam back with him. He turned so that they both laid on their side and he gently pulled out of her. Reaching out, he caressed her breast, the shudder and slight moan showing him that she was still humming with arousal. "Do you trust me, Sam?" he asked, looking deep into her eyes.

"You know I do," she returned, allowing him to push her onto her back.

"Then trust me to make you feel better," he whispered.

He ran his hand down her body and down her leg, resting it there for a moment before running back up to the juncture of her thighs. He watched as an inaudible sigh passed her lips and her eyes closed. "No, keep them open, so you know it's me."

She opened them again, looking deep within his eyes as he caressed the little bundle of nerves he'd found. She arched against him, grinding herself into his hand and warning him that he better not stop. Jack kept up a constant assault, which soon took her over the edge, crying out even as she continued to look at him.

Jack finally moved his hand away, pulling her close and gentling caressing her hair.

"Thank you," she whispered. "Thank you for being so patient with me."

He hugged her a little closer, dropping a kiss to the top of her head. "This is only the beginning, Sam. Things can only get better from here."

She nodded, snuggling into him as she realised he was right. Life was going to get better for her now. Who would have thought that what was one of the worst times of her life would also be the start of what would be one of the best?

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jez