Login

Unusual Party Crasher von AmberEyes

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Unusual Party Crasher

Unusual Party Crasher

by AmberEyes

Summary: What would happen if a Goa'uld decided to crash a Military Costume Party?
(Adult themes because of some insinuations)
Category: Action/Adventure, Crossovers, Holiday
Crossover: JAG
Holiday: Halloween
Season: any Season
Pairing(s): Daniel/other, Jack/Sam, Janet/other
Rating: 13+
Content: adult themes/mature scenes, minor language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/21/05

"You understand, Carter, that this party is supposed to be fun, don't you?" Samantha Carter rolled her eyes slightly as she heard the voice of Colonel O'Neill lecturing her about over working...again. "Yes sir, I know that. Janet and I are already getting fixed up," she chuckled.

"Already?" the Colonel asked, "The party doesn't start for another-what? Four hours?"

"Yes sir, but as you know it is a Halloween costume party, and seeing as it generally takes women longer to get prepared than men, Janet and I thought we'd get started rather than be late." Sam explained. "Um, sir? You are dressing up right?"

"Oh yes, did you really think I'd turn down a chance to make a fool out of myself?" O'Neill joked. "Yeah, I guess Teal'c is going to this party in his usual Jaffa get-up."

Sam laughed and shook her head. As much as she liked Teal'c, that piece of his past still gave her the chills. She remembered when her "self" from the other reality had come to them for help; Teal'c had redressed himself as he did when he served Apophis. It took a lot of her courage not to shudder when she saw him. However, with a costume like that, there would be no worry about duplicates.

"Well, sir, Janet just shut off the water, so I need to get ready for my shower. I'll see you this evening."

"Alright, say, what will you be wearing anyway? I have to be able to know who I'm looking for."

Sam smiled slyly to herself, "Oh, don't worry, sir. You'll be able to tell." Without another word she hung up with a wicked grin on her face. "Hey Janet!" she called as she made her way toward the guest bedroom where her friend was drying off her hair, "You think colonel O'Neill will be surprised?"

The other woman grinned. "Teal'c and Daniel will be as well," she said as she wrapped the towel tightly around her head. "I think the only people who are apart of the SGC will think anything of it. Anyone else will just think it creative."

Sam studied her friend for a moment, "Are you sure you want to do this Janet? I mean after all that's happened I can surely understand reluctance..."

Janet shook her head and firmly cut her off, "Sam, this is just for fun. Now if you were suggesting the real thing I wouldn't be so enthusiastic, but it's just a costume party." She grinned, "And besides, it's not everyday we get to give those guys a heart attack." The two women laughed, "Now, go get your shower so we can help one another get ready," Janet scolded.

~*~

Jack sighed and hung up his own phone. He wasn't sure he liked the tone Sam's voice had adopted when she had hung up. There was something there that told him that those two women where up to no good, and he wanted to know what they were planning.

He shook his head and sighed. He still had to figure out his own costume. As he had told Carter on the phone, he wasn't going to pass up the chance to make a fool out of himself. He frowned as he picked up the phone and dialed another number.

"Hello?" said a voice on the other end after three rings.

"Daniel!" Jack said with a grin, "So do you have any clue what our good doctor and the Major are up to for this evening?"

"Uh-No..." Jack could see the look of confusion that passed over his friends face. "Jack, what are you talking about?"

"I just talked to Carter. She and Fraiser are up to something. It's something to do with their costumes."

"Ok...and I would know about this--why?" Daniel inquired.

"I don't know, I thought maybe Carter had let something slip," Jack said.

"Uh-No. No, not that I know of, I suppose you'll have to wait and see."

"Yeah, guess so...what are you doing for the whole costume thing?" Jack asked nonchalantly.

"Now, Jack, if the women won't tell, what makes you think I'm going to?" Daniel said.

"Oh, come on, Daniel, give me a break!"

"You don't have a costume yet, do you?"

"No, I don't." Jack said, "I guess I could just where my dress uniform."

"No, you can't do that." There was a short pause, "I got it! Ok, Jack, if I bring a costume idea to you, will you wear it?"

Jack narrowed his eyes slightly. He wasn't sure what Daniel might be trying to get him into. "How about I tell you when I see it?"

"Fine, but I think you're a bit short on time to be shunning help."

"Alright, alright just get on over here." Jack sighed.

"Good, be there in twenty minutes." There was a click then a dial tone. Jack sighed again and dropped the receiver on to the cradle. "Well here goes nothing." He muttered.

~*~

Three and a half hours later, Jack climbed out of the driver's side of his truck, while Teal'c climbed from the passenger side door. As they made their way through the growing crowd of guests, Jack glanced around for any sign of Sam, Janet, or Daniel. All three had said that he'd recognize them when he saw them; so far, he'd seen several peculiar costumes, but none that stood out too much.

"Is every thing alright, O'Neill?" Teal'c asked.

"Yeah, I'm just looking for a familiar face." Jack said straightening the jacket of his costume. "You know Teal'c, I hoped never to see you in that again."

"As did I," Teal'c said. "But as it is custom to where a costume to a celebration such as this, I chose to wear it." Jack nodded and shrugged slightly. "Do you not like your costume?"

Jack looked down at himself, the great costume Daniel had thought of, was a Tok'ra camouflage uniform. It wasn't great, but it was a costume. "Oh, it's alright. I just could careless to the creators of it, if you know what I mean." Jack shook his head and sighed, "Well, Teal'c lets go get a drink while we wait for the others." Teal'c gave a single nod and fallowed Jack to the refreshment table.

At the table the two got themselves a drink and glanced around the room, still no sign of their friends. Jack glanced to his right and saw a man who was vaguely familiar, dressed as a 1600s sailor. While Teal'c watched the people around him, Jack decided to talk to people while he waited.

"So, what exactly is the point in this costume party?" the other man asked.

Jack raised his eyebrows, "Oh, didn't you know, the only point to costume parties is to make a complete fool of yourself by dressing like something your not." He joked.

"Ah, I see," the man said, nodding. "I just don't see why there'd be a costume party for military personnel only."

It was Jack's turn to nod, "Well, they seem to have a good crowd. It's Jack O'Neill, by the way."

"Harman Rabb, Harm preferably. Which branch are you from? Since we weren't allowed to wear uniforms, it's hard to tell."

"Air Force, You?"

"Navy."

"Ah, Submariner, or Sailor?"

"Pilot and Lawyer. Pilot or professor?"

Jack chuckled inwardly but avoided answering, "A Lawyer and a Pilot, how'd you manage that?"

"Oh, had a problem with night blindness, crashed my Tomcat, killed my REO, and then went to JAG. Got my eyes fixed and went back to flying but kept my advocate job." Jack was about to respond when he was interrupted.

"O'Neill!" called Teal'c.

Jack asked Harm to give him a moment and turned back to his friend. "What's up Teal'c?

"I believe we have unwelcome company," the larger man said, eyes glued across the room.

Jack fallowed his gaze, "Damn it!" he growled. "Will you give me just a minute? My friend here and I have something to take care of," he said to Harm.

"Not at all, do you need any help?"

"Not at the moment, but I'll catch you later."

Jack made his way across the room fairly quickly. Hathor ad Nirrti were the very last two people he wanted to see at this moment. Especially at an event such as this where there were many possible "hosts". He'd never forgiven Nirrti for her part in destroying Cassandra's planet, and he'd never forgiven Hathor for first over taking the male population in the SGC, then later trying to make him a Goa'uld host.

Once he approached the two women, he realized that they weren't Goa'uld. Hathor, he remembered, had gray eyes. This Hathor had deep blue. And Nirrti had deep brown, while this one had hazel. Both women grinned at one another.

"Good evening, Colonel," said "Hathor". Jack got the chills when he heard the Goa'uld voice speak.

"Do you like our costume idea sir?" said "Nirrti".

Teal'c and Jack exchanged glances and looked back at the two women. Finally things began to fall into place.

"I suppose this is your idea of a joke, Carter?" Jack growled at the two women.

"No sir," said Hathor's "Goa'uld voice". "Actually, it was Teal'c who gave us the idea."

"Yeah, when we remembered that Teal'c would be wearing his-er-Apophis costume, we figured that if we wanted something original...we'd have to go...um...out of this world," Said Nirrti.

Jack looked over the two women briefly. Hathor-he thought it was Sam-was wearing the same outfit that the real Hathor had been wearing when she had taken over the SGC. The headdress, the armband, even the "pouch-maker" she'd used on Jack was there. There was even an auburn wig where the either blonde or brown hair was originally.

Nirrti was wearing the black pant outfit she had worn when she'd entered the SGC when the maturing process of Cassandra's people began to affect Cassandra herself. The black leather bodysuit with the heart shaped cut at the chest, the black gemstone on the forehead, the make up, the hand tattoos and black nails, all of it, with the exception of the eyes was just like the Goa'uld Nirrti. When they both had the Goa'uld voices as well, it made it that much creepier.

Jack shook his head and sighed, "Alright, seeing as I now know that I'm not really in danger, let me make sure I know who's who." He looked between the two women and sighed again, "Blue eyes, Hathor is Sam. Hazel eyes, Nirrti is Janet. Damn, Janet, I didn't figure you to be a Nirrti."

Nirrti (Janet) smiled and said, "Well sir, that is why I dresses as her. No one figured me to do so."

"JACK!" someone called from behind. The two women smirked at one another.

"Yes, Daniel?" Jack said in a friendly voice.

"Hathor and Nirrti? Here?" the other man gasped.

"It is in fact Major Carter and Doctor Fraiser," Teal'c said.

Daniel looked at the two women and frowned slightly "I see..."

Hathor stepped forward, Sam remembered Daniel's round with Hathor back at the SGC and acted on it, "What is the problem? Don't you recognize your Queen?" Daniel's eyes widened slightly and he took an involuntary step backward.

Nirrti rolled her eyes, "Relax, Daniel, she is just messing with you. She's not a Goa'uld. Nice costume by the way," she added.

Hathor glanced at Daniel and chuckled, "Did you ask my dad for your mission costume back?"

"Uh yeah...Jacob laughed, gave me the costume then ranted about how much you used to love playing dress up" Daniel said glancing at the costume he wore when he was pretending to be Lord Ue's servant during the System Lord meeting, smiling when she flushed.

Jack chuckled, "Alright, now that I know everything's safe I've met a new friend." He looked over the other four briefly before heading back to the refreshment table.

"Problems?" asked Harm.

If only you knew Jack thought to himself, "No, just caught the rest of my team, two of whom are dressed a bit surprisingly."

"Ah, my partner is around here some where." Harm chuckled.

Jack nodded and glanced around the room again, his eyes landed on Sam. It was weird how much like Hathor she actually looked. What was really weird though is how Jack saw Sam rather than Hathor, once he realized what was going on. If only he wasn't her CO.

"Hey Harm, I was looking around for you. I thought you were going to be a wall flower and hang out near the window?" Said a tall woman with dark brown hair. She smiled slightly at Jack before turning back to her friend.

"Well, Mac, you were gone for a long time, I figured I'd visit the refreshment table. Jack this is my partner Sarah Mackenzie. Mac this is Jack O'Neill." Harm said introducing the two.

"Nice to meet you," they both said at the same time. Jack smiled lightly as he got himself another drink. Daniel had managed to get away from the two women and joined Jack at the table. "Hey Daniel, finally manage to get away huh?"

"Yeah, Hathor and Nirrti, who would have guessed." Daniel said as he took a drink from his cup. He noticed Harm and Mac standing there watching and smiled, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

Harm shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Harm Rabb," he said extending his hand.

"Daniel Jackson," Daniel said shaking Harm's hand.

"Sarah Mackenzie," she said introducing herself. Daniel shook Mac's hand as well, but the two seemed a bit bashful about it. Jack and Harm glanced at one another, eyebrows raised. A few minutes later an uncomfortable looking Teal'c joined the group soon fallowed by Sam and Janet.

The two women introduced themselves and Teal'c to Harm and Mac. Sam was sure she had met the other woman once before, but could not remember where.

"Sam, Janet will you please turn those voice things off? It's giving me the creeps." Jack complained.

The two women smiled, "Of course, sir" said Sam as she reached behind the circular gem over her naval. "Better?" she asked in her normal voice. Janet reached inside the collar of her bodysuit and turned her own voice changer off.

"Much, thank you," Jack said shaking his head. This time it was Harm and Mac that exchanged curious glances, and Daniel who avoided their questioning eyes. Jack cleared his throat and looked at the other two with a grin, "Sorry 'bout that, these two love to do stuff like that."

"If you don't mind my asking," Mac started, "Who are you all supposed to be?"

Sam and Janet smiled. "The Egyptian goddess Hathor." Said Sam.

"I'm the Egyptian goddess Nirrti." Janet smiled.

"Egyptian goddesses, huh?" Harm said with a chuckle.

Mac, on the other hand, was watching Teal'c and Daniel. She had yet to figure out their costumes. She assumed theirs had something do with Egypt as well. She barely heard the conversation between Jack, Harm and the two women; her mind was trying to figure out where she had seen these people before. She was brought out of her reverie when she heard Daniel speak.

"Um, Jack, I think we have company." He said, nervously.

Jack glanced up at the other man, and then fallowed his gaze. "Damn it. How the hell does he find me?" he growled. "Excuse me," he said as he made his way toward another man. Mac's gaze fallowed him, as did Sam, Janet, Harm, and Daniel's. Teal'c seemed to be the only one uninterested.

"Who is that man?" Mac asked, more sure than ever that she'd met the people before.

"He was a friend of Jack's, until he nearly got him a court martial. He always shows up at the worst times." Daniel said with a frown.

"Harry Maybourne," Harm said suddenly. Janet, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c all turned their head towards him. Janet, Sam and Daniel all held looks of surprise, while the passive Teal'c simply arched an eyebrow in question.

"H-How do you know that?" Daniel asked.

"Mac and I took care of his case a while back. Charged with treason, wasn't he?" Harm said. Daniel nodded at the last part.

"What does Jack have going on with a trader than?" Mac asked.

Sam and Daniel exchanged looks, "He was the one who originally helped to stop Maybourne version of the black market." Sam said. "When Maybourne managed to escape prison, he's managed to continue the black market scheme, but as much as I hate to admit it, Maybourne has saved us and helped keep the secrets of Cheyenne Mountain from getting into the wrong hands."

"Maybourne also seems to be able to find Jack anytime, anywhere. As much as I hate that man, there are a few things he's done to help us all out." Daniel added.

Mac and Harm looked at each other then back to Sam and Daniel. "So Jack as communication with a known escaped criminal, yet he tells no one?" Harm asked.

Daniel sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose as he thought of a way to explain what was going on with out breeching protocol. "Well, the thing you've got to understand is that the project that we are working on up at Cheyenne Mountain, isn't known about by most of the military and by none of the civilians, besides those who are helping on the project, my self as a primary example. And Harry Maybourne used to be an indirect part of the project.

"Now, stealing from the allies is one thing. But leaking government secrets is a totally different thing. But Harry Maybourne has no moral values that will stop him from doing so. And this government, and several international governments can't risk that." Daniel said.

"Ok so Maybourne's a security risk, wouldn't that be all the more reason to lock him up?" Harm asked.

"No, because there are rouge government agencies that are out there simply to destroy our alliances and to great damage to what's going on up in Norad and every one who works for the problem." Sam sighed.

"Daniel's life has been threatened by this agency many times. I was kidnapped for information from this group. Our General was blackmailed using is granddaughters as leverage to gain control. The even set Colonel O'Neill up as a murderer of a Senator in order to gain control." Sam said.

"Maybourne knows exactly who these people are and how to get around them. Several of these rouge government agents are no longer threatening our allies, or ourselves, for power. Maybourne may have caused a lot of problems, but the man's helped save our asses more times than I'd like to admit." She said.

"I see..." Harm said watching Jack in furious conversation with Maybourne. Jack was waving his arms around and his eyes seemed piercing, yet Harry Maybourne simply gave a cocky smile. Harm frowned as he saw Jack's hands fall to his sides and a look of shock replace the one of fury. The color seemed to drain quickly from the Colonel's face as he glanced over toward the group. He nodded stiffly and then made his way directly towards Sam.

He whispered something into her ear then did the same to Daniel as Sam told Janet. Jack stepped back and relayed the message to Teal'c who alone looked calm. "Colonel?" Sam asked, unsure.

Jack opened his mouth to answer when the power shut off. The guests of the party where left in silence and darkness as the lights and music went out. There were but a few feminine shrieks. "This is it, Carter."

"Harm, Sarah, I need you two to stay with Daniel and Janet. Sam, Teal'c, and I have to take care of this."

"What do you mean 'take care of this'?" Mac asked, "It's a power outage."

Once his eyes where accustom to the darkness, Daniel made his way towards Mac, "Sarah, do you remember what I just told you about the project up at Norad?" He saw her nod silently. "Well this power outage was caused by some one against that project from that rouge agency. They know my team and I are here."

"Who is this group you keep talking about?" Harm asked, "For some reason, I've got the feeling that there is more to this that what you're sharing. More danger?"

Daniel sighed as he watched Sam, Jack, and Teal'c make their way to the source of the problem. It was ironic that Teal'c had brought his staff weapon as a prop but in turn actually needed it now. "Yes, there is a lot more to this than you two know, more than I'm allowed to tell you. All I can say is that unless Jack, Sam, and Teal'c can manage this, everyone could be in big trouble."

"How can we help?" Mac asked.

Daniel looked over at Janet who shrugged. "If it's who we think it is, we need to get these people some where safe and fast." He said.

Harm and Mac nodded and fallowed Daniel and Janet through the crowd. "Alright, we need to split up and get the guests safe. Janet and I have contact with one another and with the others, so who's going with whom?"

Janet rolled her eyes, "Harm, you're with me, Sarah with Daniel. I'm sure you make a good Marine, Sarah, but we could both use some one a bit stronger."

"How did you-?" Mac started to say but Daniel cut her off, "That doesn't matter right now, we've got to go."

Harm and Mac nodded and fallowed their "partners". Daniel and Mac gently grabbed the arms of frightened guests and told them to fallow. Harm and Janet did the same on the other side of the room. A few minutes later Daniel and Janet found themselves giving the same speeches to the guests in different rooms.

"Alright, this power outage is not a normal one. There is a rouge government agency within this country that is set on destroying our alliances. There is a small group of us here tonight, myself and four of my friends, that have been under attack by this agency several times during the past several years. Three of the four are outside heading off these people as we speak the other is giving a similar speech to the rest of the guests.

"Now, I ask you to remain silent and to remain inside this room. Ms. Mackenzie and myself need do regroup with my team and get a better understanding of this situation. Please do not try anything heroic here, these people are dangerous when crosses." Daniel glanced over at Mac and nodded. "Be careful and be silent." He said to the guests again.

Once Daniel and Mac had exited the room, Mac saw Daniel reach back into the pouch that was attached to the back of his costume and pull out a small handgun. The two locked eyes, "I hoped I wouldn't be needing this tonight." He said with a sigh. They heard a door open. Daniel grabbed her wrist and pulled her over against the wall as he knelt down to watch around the corner. Across the way he saw the distinct shine of Janet's black leather and smiled to himself.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard footsteps entering the open door. He scrunched down lower and looked towards the sound. Mac had done the same "It's Sam!" she whispered

Daniel shook his head and put a finger to his lips to quiet her. "No, it's not Sam. Sam was wearing flats, that woman has heals, Sam was wearing a long skirt, she's wearing a short one." He whispered in return. Mac narrowed her eyes and picked up all the details he had just pointed out then nodded. Her heart stopped when she saw the person's eyes start to glow. She looked up at Daniel who warned her to be silent.

"Doctor Jackson," said the deep Goa'uld voice, "Your dear friends aren't here to save you this time. The poor Colonel O'Neill fought for some time, as did the sho-va Teal'c. The woman, Major Carter, if I remember correctly, was the first to fall." The Goa'uld's eyes flashed again.

Mac's eyes widened as she looked over to Daniel, his face had paled slightly at the woman's declaration. Who was this woman? Where the other's really in danger?

"I was told by my source, Doctor Jackson, that there were five who left the SGC for this tasteless event. I believe the other was your precious Doctor Fraiser? Oh, don't worry, my love, I will find her too. And I must admit to being a bit curious to the doctor's costume as well as your own. Major Carter's costume made it that much easier to capture the one who would mock me."

Daniel saw movement across the hall where he knew Janet and Harm were sitting. He glanced at Mac who looked slightly panicked. He took her hand in his for a moment then released it as he watched the real Hathor move closer. How could this happen? Jack was supposed to have killed her.

"Doctor Jackson?" The eerie voice called out, "Why do you hid from me? I have recently learned that you know our dear Osiris as well? Odd that he should take a female host." Daniel cringed at the thought. "Come out, Daniel, face your Queen." Daniel remained silent. "If you do not, your friends as well as ever guest in this building will either be destroyed or will become a host."

Daniel sighed; he pulled Mac over next to him, but out of sight. "Oh, Come on Hathor, I know you better than that. If I were to come out you'd use me against my friends, again, then we'd all become hosts anyway. I don't think Jack enjoyed either of your treatments. No one wants to be a host to a Goa'uld, or a Jaffa. If I were to take a symbiote, I'd make sure it was a Tok'ra." He called from his hiding spot.

"You fool!" Hathor hissed. "The Tok'ra hide amongst the deserts, burrowing through the grounds like beasts. Sharing the body of a host? It is not possible."

"Ah, but it is, Hathor." Came another Goa'uld voice.

Daniel panicked as he saw Janet step out from the shadows, pretending to be Nirrti. Mac's eyes widened as well, what was she thinking? Daniel and Mac exchanged looks and waited to see what would happen.

"Nirrti." Hathor sneered. "I had heard the Taur'i had destroyed you long ago."

"You've heard wrong" Nirrti growled. "The Taur'i have in fact been a great help to me in my research for HakTar."

Mac's eyes questioned Daniel about what was going on. Daniel sighed and pulled her into an adjacent room to explain as quietly as he could. "You remember me telling you about the secret project up in Cheyenne Mountain?" He whispered, at her nod he continued, "This is going to be hard to believe but in 1927 there was an artifact dug up in Egypt. The cover stone and the artifact itself were seen to have no use to the Egyptians so they allowed us to bring it here. That is how I was brought into the program; I'm an archeologist as well as a linguist. I know 26 languages including several of the ancient dead languages.

"I was brought in to translate the cover stone of the artifact. It turned out to be called a Stargate, built by the oldest known race of life in any universe, known as the Ancients. Anyway, the thing was originally thought to be called 'Gateway to Heaven' but it was translated incorrectly, it's called the Stargate." Daniel said watching Mac for a reaction.

"Alright, but what is this Stargate? And what does it have to do with that woman?"

"The Stargate is in a sense, a travel device. It's a large ring with symbol around it. You dial in six symbols for your destination and one for your origin. Sort of like those old dial telephones. Anyway, the Stargate makes the event horizon of a wormhole, through that wormhole we've traveled millions of light years away."

"But that's not possible, it would take you thousands of years to get that far." Mac said shaking her head.

"By craft, yes. But by the Stargate it takes less than an hour. Anyway, one of the first civilizations we came across was a world called Abydos; it looked a lot like early Egypt. During my part of the exploration I learned about parasitic beings that had taken people from earth along time ago and distributed them all over the place to serve them. These parasitic beings took humans as hosts."

The one that "ruled" Abydos used the ancient Egyptian mythology and crafted himself as Ra, the sun god. I stayed behind on Abydos long after Jack and his team had left. I returned to earth after another Goa'uld had taken my wife, Sha're, to be used as a host for his own mate. It seemed we'd run into these parasites all over the place during our travels."

"Hathor, the woman in there, is a Goa'uld. A little over a year ago she managed to get into our headquarters, the SGC, and used her powers of control over men. She took over the minds of every man in the SGC, including the General. Teal'c was the only male not subjected to her powers." He saw Mac giving him a questioning look and proceeded to explain.

"Teal'c is what we call a Jaffa. His people used to be human until the Goa'uld decided to use them for their own needs. He'd never show you willingly unless he knew you well, but there is a pouch on his stomach where a larval Goa'uld symbiote lives. His people have the larval symbiote implanted as children. As soon as that symbiote is implanted, the natural immune system is destroyed. The Jaffa depend on the symbiote to keep them well, the symbiotes are their immune systems. So in order for the Jaffa to live they have to ensure that the symbiote lives to maturity, when it will be ready to take a host."

"Anyway, Teal'c's symbiote protected him against Hathor's power when she took over the rest of us. It was Teal'c, Major Carter, and Doctor Fraiser, along with the other women in the SGC who finally stopped Hathor. But somehow she managed to escape through the Stargate."

"A few months later we woke up in a replica of the SGC, Jack, Sam, and I that is. Teal'c was sent back because he was a Jaffa already carrying a symbiote. At first we were separated and were nearly tricked into telling information about Earth and the other worlds we'd traveled to. Jack, I guess, heard two of the "doctors" talking and realized that it was a trick. He managed to get free and to help Sam and myself. Later we realized that Hathor was the one who had set up the replica of the SGC."

"Sam and I were rescued from Hathor's Jaffa by a couple other SG teams. But when we reached the gates there was some sort of energy force field. We found a Tok'ra tunnel beneath Hathor's base and correctly assumed that there was a Tok'ra spy among the Jaffa and the Goa'uld."

Mac frowned slightly, "Tok'ra?" she asked.

"Oh," Daniel shook his head slightly, "Tok'ra, means indirectly resistance. We came across a group of people who, like the Goa'uld were hosts to symbiotes. But the Tok'ra symbiotes believed in sharing the host's body, rather than taking over it completely. We met them when a Tok'ra symbiote took Sam as a host in order to escape a Goa'uld bounty hunter. The hunter, however, managed to find where we had Sam locked up. We thought she was a Goa'uld, rather than Tok'ra. Anyway a Goa'uld symbiote will do anything and everything to survive, even if its host doesn't. The Tok'ra that resided in Sam, Jolinar, sacrificed its self in order to save Sam.

"Sam ended up having the dreams and memories of Jolinar, until finally we went to the planet that she saw in her dreams and met the Tok'ra. Their leader, Selmak's, host was dying and needed a new host. Sam's father was dying of cancer and was a very strong man. Sam volunteered Jacob as a host. Jacob was reluctant at first, but agreed. The Tok'ra tunnels were under attack when Jacob and Selmak began the bonding. But they made it through. The Tok'ra have become one of Earth's greatest allies against the Goa'uld."

"Anyway, there was a Tok'ra spy among Hathor's base. The Tok'ra helped Sam save Jack from Goa'uld symbiote bonding. I'm not sure what happened after that with Hathor, but Jack said he killed her. But that apparently isn't so."

Mac wore a frown and shook her head as she went over everything Daniel had just told her. "Sha're, where is she now?" she asked.

Daniel lowered his eyes. "Dead. Her symbiote Amonett attacked us while we were trying to stop Amonett and Apophis from taking over a planet. I was alone with her and she used an odd hand device that is meant to literally fry your brain. Teal'c used his staff weapon and it killed her. It took me a while to forgive him, but I knew he had done what needed to be done."

"I'm sorry," Mac whispered.

"Don't be, the Stargate has given me more than enough reason to go on," he chuckled. "Anyway, we need to figure out what to do about Hathor."

Mac nodded in agreement, "If we kill the host, can the symbiote live?"

Daniel frowned slightly, "Not if we can keep it away from other possible hosts." Daniels eyes widened, "Or...if the symbiote is burned."

Mac chuckled slightly and shook her head. Daniel looked up at her strangely as though wondering how she could be laughing at a time like this. She smiled, "All of this seems so...unreal. Aliens with glowing eyes who take human hosts and human slaves, I mean, I don't know. Yet you speak with such conviction it's hard not to believe you."

Daniel smiled slightly, "If I weren't one of the people on the original mission, I would have never believed it myself." He glanced around the room then leapt to his feet. Mac frowned then fallowed him with her eyes. He opened a few drawers of an end table and pulled out a lighter and then reached to a candle and pulled the wick out. "It's time we take care of that snake head."

~*~

Janet had spent nearly an hour taunting the Goa'uld in front of her, as she knew Nirrti would have done, but she knew her time was running out. She knew this charade would only be able to last a little bit longer. Out of the corner of her eye she had seen Daniel pull Sarah into another room, probably to explain what was going on. She hoped he was nearly done and would soon come to her aid.

She saw Harm watching her closely, she knew he was confused and that he wanted to help, but she didn't know how. "Did you truly think Hathor, that you could out do me?" she said with a pointed stare.

Hathor straightened her posture. The one thing Janet knew about the Goa'uld, was that they were arrogant, she remembered Teal'c telling her about it. "I have, my dear Nirrti. As you may have heard I nearly took over the Taur'i, not once but twice."

Janet rolled her eyes, "I've wiped out civilizations, and yet there is a young girl living amongst the Taur'i, under the protection of the SG1 members, who is just one simple step away from becoming HakTar, the perfect host."

Hathor tilted her head slightly, "Oh really? HakTar? You really think that you can create, and hold onto the perfect host? You know as well as I do how your last experiment turned out, the people turned the powers you had given them against you. And if I heard correctly, the one named Jonas even threatened to destroy you if you gave him the powers to do so."

Janet allowed herself to smirk at the taunt, "Yes, clever one he was. Pity he got away. The one called Carter is strong as well. If I remember correctly was host to a Tok'ra. I even offered her to be my new host. She declined of course."

"Of course," Hathor said, "She that has the gall to mock me would certainly have the gall to decline such an offer."

Janet nodded, "Who is it that you are searching for?"

"The one called Daniel,"

"For what purpose is your search?"

Hathor glanced at Nirrti, "To rule this world, Nirrti. He gave me the code of life once before, and he shall do it again."

Both women heard an abrupt movement to their left. Shit, Harm couldn't you just stay still? Janet thought to herself. Hathor tilted her head and smiled, "Come out, who ever you are." She said in what Janet, supposed was considered gentle. "I know you're there, now come out" Hathor said a bit more firmly.

Janet sighed inwardly; she knew in order to keep her cover she'd have to play along. She walked towards where the sound had come from and Harm looked up to her, surprised. She allowed her face to briefly relax to reassure the man, then grabbed him a bit roughly by the scuff of the neck and pulled him from the shadows.

"Look what we have here, spying on your goddesses are you?" She said to Harm.

"Uh-No ma'am" Harm said lightly, "Just-er-listening."

"Indeed, and your name would be?" Hathor asked walking closer.

"Harm"

Janet remembered Hathor's power over men and froze. What now?

~*~

Daniel and Mac had made their way back to the wall near the other room. Mac gasped as she saw Harm and Janet with Hathor advancing on them. She still found the whole alien thing hard to believe, but she somehow knew it was true.

"What do we do?" she whispered.

Daniel frowned slightly and chewed on his lower lip as he listened to the conversation. He pulled Mac backwards a bit, away from the doorway so not to be heard. "Doctor Fraiser won't be able to keep this up for much longer," he said. "Harm won't be in danger unless Hathor decides to use him against us. But I'm in as much danger from that as he is, probably more so. But anyway, as soon as I hear Janet loose her hold over Hathor, I'll go in there and distract her. You get Harm and get back to one of the rooms."

Mac shook her head and glared at Daniel, "No, just because you're used to dealing with these creeps doesn't mean you're doing it on your own. Usually you've got the rest of SG1 covering your back. This time you have a Marine. And Harm will do what it takes to help as well."

Daniel could help but smile. "Fine," he said reaching into his pouch and pulling out yet another handgun and handing it to Mac. Mac raised her eyebrows; he chuckled, "when you work in the field I do, you're prepared for anything and everything." Mac simply chuckled and shook her head.

Daniel smiled again and positioned himself at the edge of the wall so he could hear. He could hear Harm talking in a voice that clearly told Daniel that he was now under Hathor's control. Daniel's eyes widened, he glanced at Mac. "Sarah, it's time. Are you alright?"

Mac nodded and fallowed silently as Daniel slipped quietly around the corner of the wall. The two saw Hathor and Harm backing Janet toward the far wall. Daniel listened closely to the conversation. He knew Janet had seen them but was not alerting Hathor to the fact.

"Did you really think, after seeing Major Carter's costume, that I would not recognize when some one else was mocking the Goa'uld? Did you think that I did not know the host of a System Lord such as Nirrti?" Hathor hissed. "Take her, Harm, my love."

Daniel growled slightly at her phrase, how he hated the reminder of things that had happened at the SGC. He watched as Harm quickly moved behind Janet one hand holding her wrists behind her the other around Janet's throat. He glanced back at Mac who was watching her friend with a look of horror. "He's under Hathor's power right now, he's not himself." He whispered.

He glanced back at her once more before silently telling her to make her way behind Harm while he snuck up behind Hathor. She nodded and slipped down the wall, careful to keep into the shadows. Once he saw her reach the midpoint he slowly and silently made his way towards the Goa'uld.

Mac, being shorter than Harm, was able to sneak up behind him without Hathor seeing her. And Harm as far enough under Hathor's spell that he did not notice Daniel sneaking up behind her. Mac took a deep breath before hitting Harm, her friend and partner for many years, up side the head hard enough to knock him out.

Harm collapsed to the floor releasing Janet. Hathor's eyes widened and she started forward but not before she herself was knocked to the ground. She twisted her head to see Daniel leaning his elbows into her back.

"I wondered when you would gather your courage to face your Queen." She said.

"I don't believe you're in the position to taunt Hathor." Daniel growled.

Before Mac knew what was going on she saw Daniel fly off the alien woman's back and then the woman standing over Daniel who was cradling his right wrist. Only just now did she notice the odd hand device that the Goa'uld wore. She watched as the woman stood over Daniel and extended her hand that bore the device. An amber light extended from her hand down to Daniel's face, which was now contorted on pain. The next Mac knew she heard three consecutive gunshots and then saw Hathor collapse to the ground.

Only when the alien was on the ground did Mac realize that the shots had come from her. She had fired the weapon that had killed the woman. Mac's eyes grew wide as she stared at the gun that now hung loosely in her hands. Daniel pulled himself from the ground and made his way toward the distraught woman.

"It's alright," he whispered as he gently pulled the gun from her trembling fingers. He returned the gun to his pouch then but a reassuring arm around the woman in front of him. Mac, still trembling in realization of what she had just done, turned slightly in his embrace and began to sob onto his shoulder. "Sarah, you did what you had to do..Shhh, it's alright, Sarah," he whispered into her ear as he held her.

After a few minutes her sobs subsided and she pulled back slightly and looked up at Daniel. "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," she said wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

Daniel just smiled, "Don't worry about it. I wouldn't expect you to be able to kill with out remorse. In fact, if you were able to do so, I would worry for your sanity."

Mac chuckled, "Me too." She sniffed quietly then looked back up, "What about your friends? Sam, Jack, and Teal'c?"

"Actually, I'd nearly forgotten about them." He said sheepishly. "I was more worried about what Hathor had planned. What about Harm?"

Mac glanced over her shoulder at the unconscious figure and smiled, "Oh, I think he'll be alright." She looked back at Daniel, "You don't know how long I've wanted to smack that man upside the head."

Daniel chuckled and shook his head. As he glanced over at Janet who was now checking on Harm he said, "I'm sure. Anyway, I've got to go check on my friends and make sure...that is destroyed. Are you well enough to join me or would you prefer to help Janet take care of Harm?"

Mac smiled and looked from Harm to Daniel, "Lets go help your friends."

Daniel chuckled and turned towards door, "Will you be alright, Janet?" At her nod he continued. He stopped momentarily to glare at the limp body of the Goa'uld. He looked back at Mac, "Thanks, Sarah." He said. Then he turned back towards the door motioning for her to fallow.

~*~

Only moments later the two found themselves crouched behind a group of bushes, hiding from Hathor's Jaffa, who were guarding the rest of SG1. Mac thought over the past hour and shook her head with a chuckle. Daniel glanced over questioningly. "I just realized I'm still in my 'peasants' dress and bonnet," she said. Daniel arched an eyebrow and shook his head slightly, as though confused.

"Yeah," he said, "this was a costume party."

"You know what else I realized?" she asked.

"What's that?" Daniel said.

"You're one of the few people who actually call me Sarah. Everybody at the office and most my friends call me Mac."

"Would you prefer it if I called you Mac as well?"

Mac shook her head, "No, I actually like hearing my name on occasion. I'm sure Sam feels the same. With Jack calling her Carter all the time."

Daniel nodded, "He does that to keep from getting himself into trouble. Those two are pathetic, I swear. It's obvious to everyone that there's something there, but of course its 'against regulations'." He said rolling his eyes.

Mac chuckled, "That's what a lot of people said about Harm and myself for along time. Before I married Mic, that didn't last long because even he thought I was interested in Harm. I'm sorry but the men in my life all seem to be extremely dense."

Daniel smiled and turned his head back towards the group of Jaffa, looking for the rest of his team. "Oh, I've met my share of dense people, male and female." He laughed.

"With your occupation, I'm not surprised," Mac said. "Though, as a Lawyer I've come across people who wouldn't know common sense if it danced nude in front of their faces."

Daniel nodded, "That's one of the things I always liked about Abydos, the culture was still undeveloped enough that many of the moral problems we have here, didn't exist there."

Mac was silent for a moment, when she spoke, she watched his face for a reaction, "Do you wish you were still there?"

Daniel shrugged and frowned, "In a way. I mean, if Sha're hadn't been taken by Apophis; I probably would still be there. But then Abydos was completely destroyed by Anubis, because of me, that would have happened whether I had left or not. So I guess, I simply wish things hadn't happened the way they had."

Mac nodded then froze, "Daniel, I think I see Teal'c."

"Where?"

"There!" she whispered pulling him closer by his costume and pointing across the clearing. Surely enough, the Jaffa was putting up a fight with several of Hathor's Jaffa, and seemed to be winning. Daniel leaned slightly forward and crouched just a bit lower into the brush as he squinted to look past Teal'c, perhaps he could see Sam and Jack.

"Uh, Daniel?" Mac said, quietly. Daniel raised his eyebrows and turned his head to face Mac. When he did, he found himself with less than an inch between them. He heard her take a sharp intake of breath as she realized the same.

"Sarah?" he whispered. He searched her face for only a moment before closing the small gap between them and gently brushing her lips with his own. He couldn't fight the slight shiver that ran through him when their mouths met. Mac had brought her hand up and laid in lightly on the side of his face, assuring him it was all right to deepen the gentle kiss. Daniel didn't need anymore prodding, as he brushed the tip of his tongue along her lips, asking for entry. She welcomed his tongue with her own.

Unfortunately for the two, the snap of the underbrush breaking brought them to their senses. They unwillingly broke apart and looked for the source of the sound, which did not require much searching to find. Mac felt her face heat up when they looked up into the extremely amused, smirking faces of Jack, Sam, and Teal'c. Even the Jaffa seemed amused, which up until that moment, she had thought was impossible.

"See, Sam, I told you they were looking for us," Jack said.

Sam chuckled and nodded her head, "Yes sir."

"It would seem that Daniel Jackson got side tracked on his way," Teal'c said with an unusual glint in his dark eyes. Daniel now felt the heat rise to his face at his friends' bold teasing, especially Teal'c. When had Teal'c come to enjoy teasing?

Daniel cleared his throat and took Mac's hand in his own and helped her to her feet as he stood. Avoiding the eyes of his team members, he muttered, "Uh-Janet is inside taking care of, uh, Harm. Sarah had to, um, knock him out. He was under Hathor's spell," before turning and leading Mac back into the building.

Jack and Sam exchanged a look as they watched the two retreating figures. "Somehow I knew those two would hit it off." Sam grinned.

"I do believe that this celebration has lost my interests, I think I will be returning to the SGC, and removing this uniform for the final time." Teal'c said with a small bow before making his silent exit.

"I love picking on Daniel. Getting him all worked up and stuttering, it's just great," Jack said with a chuckle.

"I agree. You know, sir-"

Jack sighed and took Sam's shoulder's in his hands, "Sam, it's Jack when we're not on base."

Sam nodded. "Alright," she chuckled. "I think we should probably get back inside though."

"Probably right, who knows what Daniel and Sarah have gotten up to."

"Or our dear Doctor and Harm," Sam joked.

"I never thought Janet to be the lawyer type," Jack said.

"Well, I have a feeling there's a lot about Janet you wouldn't expect." Sam mused.

"She proved as much by dressing as Nirrti." Jack sighed.

Sam laughed and shrugged, "And you expected me to dress as Hathor, huh?"

Jack scowled, "Of course not, speaking of which..." he reached over and pulled the auburn wig off the Major's head revealing her short blond locks. "Much better."

Sam grinned, "Was I a little too good at playing a Goa'uld, sir?"

Jack shook his head slightly at her formality but overlooked it, "Too good for your own good. Having a Tok'ra in you was bad enough, but you as a Goa'uld? Talk about scary."

"Jolinar wasn't that bad, a bit confusing, but not that bad." Sam said softly, lowering her gaze.

Jack stepped forward and cupped her chin in his hands, making her look at him, "I know that was tough, Sam, and I'm sorry. Maybe I should have believed her. But if I had, would we still have you? Or would you be the Tok'ra liaison, like Jacob?"

Sam shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, but I still have her memories, her thoughts. I just wish I had had more time with her. I could have learned so much, and who knows, maybe I could have been an 'off world' Tok'ra."

Jack nodded and let go of her chin but rested his hand on her shoulder, "I'm sorry, Sam. I really am."

Sam forced a smiled and shrugged again. "I-it's probably for the better. I'm not sure how you guys would have liked having a 'snake head' on base," she said, sniffling slightly.

"You know, even if Jolinar had stayed, none of us who knew you would have treated you any different," Jack said. "It may have been a bit odd for a little while, but we got used to having a woman on base didn't we?"

Sam chuckled as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "Yeah. Its just...I don't know, I keep seeing all of her dreams when I sleep. I see myself in the Tok'ra tunnels. Then at the same time I'll see you, Daniel, and Teal'c. I just don't know exactly how to deal," she said.

Jack sighed and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sure it's difficult Sam, but remember you've got the rest of the SGC and myself on your side. We'll always be there for you," he said softly in her ear. "I'll always be here for you." He promised.

Sam wrapped her arms around him and sighed. She relaxed for a few moments in his embrace, when she regained her composure she pulled back a little and wiped her eyes again. "Thanks Jack, that means a lot," she smiled.

Jack grinned, "And if you really miss the Tok'ra that much, I'm sure Jacob can help you find another symbiote to play host to."

Sam chuckled and embraced her CO and friend once more before releasing him. "I'm not so sure about that. But we really should get back inside before a brassed off Daniel comes looking for us."

Jack snickered and put an arm around her waist, "We certainly wouldn't want that, now would we?" He turned towards the building and led Sam back inside. Once inside they saw that the party seemed to automatically restart it's self. The music was slow at the moment. Sam and Jack could see Janet and a patched up Harm dancing next to the distracted Daniel and Mac.

The two exchanged amused glances that obviously said, "Who would have guessed?" Sam flush slightly as she asked, "Would you like to dance?"

Jack smiled as the color rose across her cheeks, she looked so adorable, and nodded, "Of course."

~*~

The clock struck midnight and the large room that had held two halves of a party and a battle that divided it, finally began to empty. Sam, Jack, Daniel, Janet, Mac, and Harm were all getting their jackets and saying their good byes.

"Shit!" Jack said suddenly.

"What is it, sir?" Janet asked, startled.

"Teal'c took my truck," he sighed, remembering that the other man had left much earlier.

The six of them exchanged glances. "That's okay, sir. Sam can take you home." Janet said

"What about you, Janet?" Sam asked.

Janet glanced at Harm and flushed. "I-I've already got a ride, Sam."

"What about Mac?" Jack inquired.

"You don't really think she's just going to be left on her own do you?" Daniel said, avoiding everyone's eyes.

Jack fought a chuckle and cleared his throat. "Well, that sounds like a plan then. Harm's taking Janet home. Daniel is taking Sarah home. And Sam will be taking me home." He nodded slightly, "Then I expect to see all four of you at my place at noon tomorrow. Daniel, Janet bring your usual."

Daniel and Janet nodded while Harm and Mac exchanged confused looks. Sam noticed the exchange and grinned, "Usually if we split up after a party, Jack has a barbeque the fallowing afternoon. I always bring a bunch of different types of chips. Daniel brings whatever type of drinks he decides to buy, Janet brings desert, and Jack does the actual barbequing."

"Oh, sounds like fun," Mac said.

Jack clapped his hands together in a enthusiastic manner, "Well, that's takes care of that! Guess I'll be seeing you all tomorrow. Don't be late!" he said before taking his exit, Sam fallowed and caught up rather quickly. The rest of the group turned in time to see Jack snake an arm around Sam's waist as they made their way to her car. Janet and Daniel shared a knowing look, and knew the other was thinking the same thing, "It's about damn time."

"Well, we probably ought to be leaving as well," Daniel said as he pulled his car keys from his pocket. "Ready?" he asked Mac.

She grinned and nodded, then took his arm when he offered it. Harm and Janet chuckled and fallowed, hand in hand. "Sorry I had to ditch you when I did, without explaining what was going on." Janet said as they approached Harm's car.

"Don't worry about it, after you told me when I came too, I can see why you didn't." Harm said.

"No, that wasn't it. I knew at that moment, Daniel would be the only one able to deal with her, and in order for that to happen; I had to keep her occupied. The Goa'uld are powerful, but they are very arrogant and proud. Another Goa'uld on Hathor's site would be just the thing to keep her mind off other noises." Janet explained "I also knew, from experience, that Hathor had powers over the male sex, and that being the case, I couldn't have her using you and or Daniel against me."

Harm shrugged and smiled, "Still, it is a strange story." Janet had to agree. Harm pressed the button on his key chain to unlock his car door as they approached and opened the door for Janet, closing it after she settled herself in. He walked around and let himself into the driver's side. As he turned the ignition he looked at Janet and grinned, "Your place or mine?"

Janet's eyes widened slightly then she flushed, "Well, Cassandra won't be home from her ski trip until late Monday night, so that's up to you."

Harm smiled and put his car into reverse, then pulled his car out of the parking spot. With in twenty minutes they arrived at Janet's house. They slipped silently inside, making sure to close and lock the door behind him. If a neighbor were to look into the windows they would only see two shadows slip quietly through the dark house and up the stairs.

~FIN~

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to AmberEyes