Login

Univited Guests von Jessie Carter-ONeill

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Univited Guests

Univited Guests

by Jessie Carter-ONeill

Summary: A couple of univited guests show up.
Category: Drama, Future Story, Romance, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing(s): Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Content: graphic sex, sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 12/19/04

"Uninvited Guests"

The next week was one of the happiest of Jack's life. In his opinion, it seemed to last forever, and at the same time, go by way too quickly. He'd put SG-1 on leave for a month. He wanted to get to know his daughter and, one week wasn't going to make up for almost two years. She was exactly eighteen months old and he had a lot of catching up to do.

During the week that she was in the hospital, Jack and Sam were making plans to move Sam and Jenny in with Jack. They had almost gotten everything moved in the day she was released. There were only a few boxes left. So, they decided to go ahead and move the rest of their things before they went to Jack's house.

Daniel, Teal'c, and Cassie had just left with the last load of boxes when he showed up. Jack was playing in what was left of the living room, with Jenny. Sam took her final box to Jack's truck when Pete drove up. She didn't see him because she was too busy watching Jack `fly' Jenny around the empty room.

"Jack, be careful with her. She just got her stitches out six hours ago."

"Yes, dear," said Jack playfully as Jenny giggled uncontrollably.

"Sam?"

"Oh God. Not now," she thought. She turned around. "What do you want?"

"What're you doing? Are you moving?"

"Yes...but, that's none of your business."

"Sam..."

"What do you want Pete?" she said wishing he would go away.

"I want to talk to you."

"We've got nothing to talk about," she said.

"I miss you Sam. I want to give us another try," said Pete, walking towards her.

She backed up and stepped right into Jack. He put his hand on her shoulder.

"Everything ok?"

"General O'Neill," said Pete.

"Pete," said Jack stoically.

Pete looked at Sam. "What's going on here? What's he doing here?"

Jenny laid her head on Sam's shoulder. "Mommy?" She sounded frightened. For only eighteen months old, she was very perceptive. She didn't like Pete. Pete pushed her down. Pete wasn't her daddy.

"It's ok baby," said Sam, turning and taking her from Jack.

Jenny snuggled up to Sam as Jack put both arms around her waist and kissed Jenny on the forehead.

"Sam, what in the hell is going on?" yelled Pete.

Jenny flinched and Jack realized that it had happened before. Apparently, that wasn't the first time that Pete had yelled at Sam. It might not have been the first, but it was going to be the last.

"Pete, I think you should leave."

"I'm not going anywhere until someone explains to me why my fianc is moving away and to where," said Pete angrily.

"I'm not your fianc anymore. I haven't been for three months. Not since you pushed Jenny away. Get over it," said Sam equally as angry.

"Daddy, I hungwy," said Jenny.

"Daddy?" Pete looked at Sam in shock. "He's her father?"

"Yes," said Sam.

"Sam, did you get the last box?" asked Jack.

"Yes...it's in the truck," she said turning away from Pete.

"Well then...let's go campers," he said, taking Jenny from Sam again and, taking Sam by the hand, led her towards the truck.

Pete grabbed her by the arm. "We're not finished here."

Jack let go of Sam and handed the baby to her. "Yes, we are," he said, rearing back and hitting Pete solidly on the jaw.

Pete landed on the ground with a thud. "Detective, you will listen to what I have to say. You will stay away from Sam. You will stay away from my daughter. If you come anywhere near any of us, I will kill you. Do you understand?"

Pete stared at him. Jack grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Do you understand?" he repeated harshly.

Pete nodded. "Good. Now, I suggest you go back to Denver and forget about Colorado Springs. There is nothing here for you...and there never will be."

Jack turned around and took Jenny from Sam again. "Come on baby. Let's go," he said leading them again to his truck. He put Jenny in her car seat as Sam climbed into the cab. Jack had done what she'd wanted to do. He punched Pete...hard. Sam had wanted to kill him when he pushed Jenny away from her, but she let Jack take care of him.

Sam handed Jenny her bottle and bear as Jack drove away leaving Pete on the sidewalk. "Wanna go to McDonald's baby?" he asked.

"Yes, pwease," said Jenny.

He looked over at Sam and saw tears streaming down her face. He stopped the truck and took Sam in his arms. "Baby, are you ok?" he asked.

He felt her nod against his chest. "I'm just a little shaken up, Jack. I never thought..."

"I know baby. I know. He's not going to hurt you or Jenny. I won't let him."

She sniffled and nodded. "Thank you, Jack."

"I don't remember ever being that pissed off," he said. "I saw him grab you and I pictured him pushing Jenny and I lost it."

"I'm glad you did. Otherwise, I was going to do it," said Sam.

"I would've paid to see that," said Jack leaning back and wiping her tears away.

She giggled. He kissed her gently and whispered, "I love you...my Sam."

"I love you too, Jack."

Jack took Jenny out of her car seat and carried her into the house. She'd just had her first meal at McDonald's and was sound asleep. Sam told him that she always took a nap after she'd eaten. Daniel, Teal'c and Cassie had been busy setting up the nursery, while Sam and Jack had been packing and fighting with Pete.

"Thank guys," said Sam giving them each a hug.

"No problem Sam," said Daniel.

"You are most welcome Colonel Carter," said Teal'c with a slight smile.

"You're welcome, Sam," said Cassie. "Give Jenny a kiss from her Auntie Cassie when she wakes up."

"Will do," said Sam with a grin as she shut the door. She turned around to see Jack holding a sleeping toddler in his arms. She took the chance to look around their - their - living room. She noticed that he'd replaced several pictures that were on the mantle with those of Jenny and Sam, leaving only those of Charlie up.

They were going the next day to have a "family" picture made. Jack wanted at least one picture of the three of them together. Daniel had offered to take one, but Jack insisted it be done professionally.

She stood there in the doorway and watched Jack rock Jenny gently. She realized he was softly humming to her.

He looked up and smiled. "Hey," he said softly.

"Hey yourself," said Sam grinning. She'd never seen him so happy.

"Did you pick out what she's gonna wear tomorrow?"

"Yeah," said Sam as she walked over and sat down in the chair beside the rocker. "I thought about that pink dress you bought her yesterday."

"Sweet," whispered Jack as he stood.

"Where ya goin?" asked Sam.

"To put her in her crib," he said.

Sam waited for him to come back. After a few minutes of waiting, she decided to follow him and see what was taking so long. When she walked into Jenny's new nursery, she found Jack standing by her crib crying.

"Jack?" she asked walking up behind him and touching his back. He turned around and pulled her into his arms.

"Jack, what's wrong?" she asked.

He couldn't answer her because of the sobs racking his body. She gently lowered the both of them to the carpet and held him as best she could and let him cry himself out.

When his tears had stopped, he looked up her. "Sorry," he said wiping at his eyes.

"For what Jack?"

"For all this crying."

"Jack...it's ok. It's ok to get emotional over your daughter," she said stroking his cheek.

"I love you both so much. I don't know what I would do if I lost either one of you," he said softly. "You're not going to lose us Jack. You and me...we've been through too much together to turn back now."

Sam stood and place her fingers against her lips and then against Jenny's cheek. "Sleep well baby."

She turned around and held out her hand to Jack. "Come on."

"Where're we going?" he asked as he took her hand and let her help him up.

"There's something I want you to see," she said leading them from the nursery and back into the living room.

"Sit," she said pointing to the couch. When he did, she started rummaging through one of the boxes. "Ah ha!" she said, pulling out two DVD cases.

"Ah Sam...baby, I'm not really in the mood to watch movies right now," said Jack.

"I think you'll like these two Jack," she said and put one in the DVD player.

He made room for her on the couch and she snuggled up to him when he wrapped his arm around her. She picked up the remote and pressed play. Jack gasped when he read the title:

Jennifer Nicole O'Neill May 3, 2003

"Sam?"

"I wanted to video tape the delivery...for when I told you about her," said Sam softly.

An hour later, Jack was in tears again. "Well? What'd you think?"

"That was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Sam," he said through his tears. "Thank you so much," he continued as he pulled her into a fierce hug. "I love you so much...I can't even begin to tell you how much."

"Jack, I knew I loved you the moment I felt Jenny move inside of me," said Sam hugging him back.

They sat there for a few minutes until Sam carefully extracted herself from his embrace. "Where're you going now?" asked Jack.

"I told you there were two movies," she said, putting the second DVD in the player.

Happy Birthday my beautiful daughter! Jennifer Nicole O'Neill May 3, 2004

"Her first birthday?"

"Yep," she said sitting back down beside him.

They watched the video that was taken in Sam's home. He heard Sam's voice say, "Say hi to daddy" and the one year old Jenny replied "Hi daddy" just before she dove face first into the cake on the table.

At the end of the video, it was just Sam holding the baby and rocking her to sleep. She looked at the camera and said, "Jack, if you're watching this then I must've told you about your daughter." The Sam on the video started crying. "I'm so sorry Jack. I love you so much and I really want you to know your daughter. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that from the day she was born, I've shown her pictures of you...of us...and I've told her that you are her daddy. One day...some day, I hope you'll understand."

Jack looked over at the Sam on the couch beside him and realized she was in tears. "Sam?" When she looked at him, all he said was "C'mere baby."

She leaned over to him and he wrapped his arms back around her, holding her tightly as she wept. When her tears had ceased, he kissed her gently on the forehead and stood. "Jack?"

"Now, it's your turn to come with me," he said holding out his hand.

When she took it, he led her to his - no...their - bedroom. "Sam, I love you," he said as he picked her up and laid her gently down on the bed. He slowly unbuttoned her shirt, tasting every each of skin he uncovered. She sat up and allowed him to push her shirt off her shoulders. He nuzzled her neck and then bit her pulse point. She gasped when he licked it, smoothing over the bite mark.

"Jack," she moaned.

"Patience my love," said Jack trailing kisses down her throat and back up to her lips. "We have at least two hours before Jenny wakes up," he murmured against her lips.

He leaned back and reached for the front clasp of her bra. He leaned forward and captured her mouth with his. Releasing her breasts from the confines of it, he toyed with her nipples, making them erect.

She gasped into his mouth. She felt his hands slide down her stomach, causing her muscles to contract. He undid the button and zipper of her jeans with one hand, the other holding her head for his devastating kisses.

He broke the kiss only to remove her jeans and panties, exposing her body to him. "You are so beautiful Sam."

He knelt between her legs and pressed gently against her knees, requesting silently that she spread them. "Open up for me, baby," he said softly.

She acquiesced and he began to stroke her outer lips, massaging them lightly. He stretched his lanky body between her legs.

"Jack?" He heard the uncertainty in her voice and looked up.

"Trust me baby. I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise," he said, putting all the love he felt for her into his eyes.

She nodded and allowed him to continue stroking her lips. He reached up and tweaked one of her nipples as he inserted a long finger into her channel. He lowered his head and flicked her clit with the tip of his tongue, causing her to buck.

Jack released her nipple and placed his arm across her abdomen holding her in place. He glanced up to see her toying with her own nipples, pinching them harder than he would've dared.

Groaning, he returned himself back to the task at hand. He captured her clit between his lips and began to suck. Adding another finger into her wet center, he sat up a rhythm that soon had Sam moaning and her hips moving in time with his strokes.

"Jack!" she gasped out. "Please!"

He lightly bit her clit, sending her world spinning out of control. She pinched her nipples and came, screaming his name. He lapped up her juices like a man dying of thirst. He continued to stroke her while she came back to earth.

"Fuck me," she said breathlessly.

"Promise?"

"Only after I have some fun first," said Sam. She sat up and kissed his lips, pressing her tongue against his lips. When he opened his mouth, her tongue dove inside to tangle with his. She groaned at the taste of herself on his lips and tongue. She reached down and began to unbutton his shirt. She slid his shirt off his shoulder and flicked her tongue against his nipple causing it to harden immediately.

"Sam! Do that again and I'm gonna come."

"Oh no you don't," said Sam. "You're not coming anywhere except in me," she said with an evil grin.

"Oh shit! I'm in trouble ain't I?"

"Damn right."

She cupped his burgeoning erection and squeezed gently. "You've got on way too many clothes mister."

She pushed him back on the bed and popped the button on his fly. She kissed and licked her way down his stomach. She nibbled on his abs causing him to jump. "Shit!" he gasped. She looked up at him and smiled sexily. He watched in amazement as she unzipped him using her teeth.

"Up," she said. He lifted his hips and allowed her to remove his jeans and briefs. His throbbing cock stood at attention when she breathed on him.

"Sam?"

"I've wanted to do this for a long time, Jack." She grasped him in her hand, reveling in the perfect mixture of satin and steel.

"Umm...do what?" he gasped as she gently stroked him.

"Taste you," she said as she licked the head of his cock, capturing the pearl of pre-cum oozing from its' tip. He bucked upwards.

"Easy, flyboy. We have at least two hours, remember?"

He settled down and she resumed her task. She ran her tongue around the circumcision scar before sucking the head of his cock into her mouth. She continued to suck as she ran her fingernails lightly up and down his erection.

When he thought he couldn't take anymore, she slid him down the back of her throat and began to hum.

"Oh God!" he moaned.

She began to bob her head up and down on his throbbing cock, enjoying the feel of his pre-cum tickling her taste buds. Sam moved one hand between them and began to rolls his balls gently.

A few minutes later, he grabbed her head and made her stop. "Jack?"

"Sam, inside you. I gotta be inside you," he said pulling her up to him.

"Yessss," she moaned as she grasped his cock and led him to her. She slowly slid down his erection, him fighting to control it.

When he was buried to the hilt, she began to rock back and forth slowly, enjoying the feel of him stretching her. He sat up and captured her lips in a thoroughly devastating kiss. She rolled her hips as he leaned her back and captured her nipple with his mouth, nipping at the hard bud.

She pushed him back. "Jack, I want you to watch. I want you to watch as your cock fills me."

He leaned back and let her take control. He watched in amazement as she rocked faster as her orgasm built. She enjoyed his expression as he watched her slide up and down on his cock. She pinched her nipples and he groaned loudly. He swatted her hands away and placed his own on her nipples, tweaking and pinching lightly.

Her orgasm was building quickly. She reached down and began to stroke her clit in time with his thrusts.

"Jack, I'm gonna come!"

"Come for me baby...only for me," said Jack, grasping her hips. He thrust up as hard as he could and held himself still. She rubbed furiously on her clit and came again, screaming his name. He pushed her hand out of the way and began to rub her clit, sending her into another mind-blowing orgasm.

The pulsing of her body around his cock caused Jack to gasp. He rolled her over and raised her legs above his shoulders. He began to plunge into her, thrusting furiously, unable to keep his orgasm at bay any longer.

"Jack," moaned Sam. She moved with him as best she could.

He reached between them and pinched her clit, knowing that it would hurt if he wasn't fucking her so hard. He also knew that he wanted her to come with him. He loved the feel of her pulsing around his cock.

"Come for me again, Sam," he gasped out. "I want you to come for me again."

"Fuck me, Jack. Fuck me harder!"

He rammed into her and pinched her clit harder and she came again, her orgasm causing him to lose control. She moaned loudly as she felt him shoot his seed deep into her willing body.

A few sloppy thrusts later and he was spent. He collapsed into her embrace and buried his head in her throat.

When she started wiggling, he pulled his flaccid penis out of her body and lay down beside her, pulling her into his embrace. He ginned and she looked up at him.

"What're you smiling at?" she asked.

"You. `Fuck me harder'? Where did that come from?" He laughed.

She blushed brightly. "It just popped out," she said shyly. "I'm sorry," she added looking away from him.

"Hey," he said gently grasping her chin and raising her face to his. "I liked it."

"Really?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"I always knew that underneath that calm exterior of the Colonel I know and love, had to be a wild-child fighting to get out."

He leaned down and kissed her gently and deeply. "I love you, Sam. I wouldn't have you any other way."

"I love you too, Jack," she said with a yawn. "Sorry. I think you've worn me out for the moment."

"You and me both, babe," he said with a yawn. He reached down and pulled the comforter over them and within moments, they were both asleep.

They awoke to Jenny crying to be taken out of her crib. Jack was the first to get dressed to he went to get his daughter. Looking at the clock by his bedside, Sam realized it was almost 1800 hours. If they were going to eat anytime tonight, she'd better get started.

Jack used to tease her about how only she could make MRE's taste worse. But, she surprised the hell out of him when she made him a birthday cake a few years back. She could cook. She just chose not too. After all, there wasn't much fun in cooking for only one person. When Jenny came along, Sam started cooking again. She wasn't going to let her daughter eat nothing but junk food.

She decided to make spaghetti that night. Jenny loved it...even though everything in the close vicinity would need to be hosed down afterwards. With that final thought, she left the bedroom and went to the nursery.

Jack was changing Jenny's diaper. "Having fun?"

He turned around and smiled that beautiful smile of his. "Oh definitely. Surprisingly, I haven't forgotten how to change diapers," he said with a laugh. "But, I gotta tell you. She's a wiggler."

Sam laughed and said "I could've told you that." She walked over to Jack and her daughter. He lifted her from the changing table. "Like father like daughter."

"All better?"

Jenny giggled as Jack nuzzled her cheek. "Daddy!"

He laughed and the three of them walked into the living room. "You know Jack...she can walk," said Sam. He'd carried her everywhere since the first night.

"Yeah, but I like carrying her," he said. "This way, it's easier to corral her. She can't get away from me like this."

Sam laughed and said, "Put her in her playpen Jack. You can come help me start dinner."

"Yes, dear" said Jack, putting Jenny in her playpen.

Sam went on into the kitchen to start getting things ready. Jack said, "I'll be right back. Forgot something in the bedroom."

"Ok," said Sam.

A few minutes later, Jack walked up behind and, wrapping his arms around her, nuzzled the nape of her neck.

"Jack," moaned Sam as his hands cupped her breasts.

"Sam?" he said, taking the sauce pan out of her hands and setting it on the counter. He grasped her shoulders and turned her around.

She saw the intensity of his gaze and cupped his cheek. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong...everything's perfect," he said. "But, one thing would make it more perfect."

"And what would that be?" she asked.

He knelt down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his pocket.

"Jack!" she gasped.

"Sam, I've loved you for eight long years. You've given me more than you'll ever know. Will you marry me?"

Sam was speechless at first. "But..."

"But, what?"

"Jack, we'll both be court-martialed if they find out about us."

"I've taken care of that."

Her eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"

"As of," he looked at his watch. "As of thirty minutes ago, I am officially retired. I'm still the SGC commander, but as a civilian."

"Jack!"

"Sam, this is really bad on my old knees and you haven't said `yes' yet."

She grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "Yes," she cried out before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down for a kiss. "Yes, I will marry you," she whispered before pulling him back down for a deeper, longer kiss.

When they broke for air, he slipped the ring on her finger. "I love you, Sam."

She stared at the ring on her finger for a moment. "I love you too, Jack," she said looking into his warm brown eyes.

He kissed her deeply again. She said yes. He couldn't believe that she'd said yes. All he knew was that, if he were to die today, he'd die the happiest man on earth or any other planet...all because of one word.

He finally let her go and began to help her with dinner. Their daughter was hungry from the cries in the living room. Jack went and brought her playpen into the kitchen.

An hour later, after dinner, Jack decided it was time for his daughter's bath. She had spaghetti everywhere...hair, face, clothes, and diaper. He wasn't exactly sure that any of the food actually made it to her mouth.

"Sam?"

"Hmmm?"

"You want me to give her a bath?"

She giggled. "Are you ready to get wet yourself?"

"She likes her baths huh?"

"Understatement. She's the original water baby," said Sam, stroking her daughter's hair.

"Sam? Does it bother you that I want to do all this stuff now? I mean, you've had her to yourself for almost two years."

She turned to face him. "Jack, I wouldn't have this," she pointed to the three of them, "any other way. I want you to do things for her and with her."

"Yes Mrs. O'Neill."

"Not yet, I'm not," said Sam with a grin.

"Soon, baby. Very, very soon," said Jack as he leaned over and kissed her gently.

They both stood and she went to run the water for Jenny's bath. Jack stripped her down and put her in the tub. Within minutes, they were both soaked.

"Told you so," said Sam with a chuckle.

"Yeah."

The doorbell rang. "I'll get it," said Sam. "Don't drown your daddy, Jenny," she said laughing at the little girl splashing the water everywhere.

Shaking her head, she walked back out to the foyer and opened the door. She was in shock. "Colonel Carter? What're you doing here?" asked Kerry before pushing her way in.

Sam was speechless. "Umm..."

Just then Jack brought a very wet Jenny out of the bathroom. "I just love the way clean babies smell," he said. He had her in one arm and her pj's and diaper in the other. He looked up and saw Kerry Johnson standing in his living room.

"What do you want?" he asked gruffly as he laid Jenny on the couch to put on her diaper.

Kerry stared at Jack and Jenny and then looked at Sam. "What in the hell is going on here?" she demanded, loudly.

It startled Jenny who began to cry. Sam immediately broke out of her daze and stepped beside her daughter. Jack finished fastening the diaper and picked her up, rocking her gently. "Shh baby. It's ok," he said soothingly, rubbing her back. Sam rubbed the back of her head whispering words of comfort.

"Who is this?" asked Kerry, thinking they were babysitting for someone.

"My daughter," said Jack. "Now, if you'll leave, we can get back to what we were doing."

"And that would be?"

"Making wedding plans," said Sam with a smirk.

"What?" exclaimed Kerry.

Jenny started to cry again. "Mommy!"

"Damn it. You're upsetting my daughter and that is something I will not tolerate," said Sam taking Jenny from Jack.

"Your daughter? I thought Jack said she was his."

"She is. She's ours...mine and Jack's."

"You do know that both of you will be court-martialed for this."

"Not gonna happen," said Jack.

"And why not?"

"I'm officially retired. Sam and I are getting married. Nothing can happen."

"That kid is at least a year old," said Kerry. "If she is, then you two carried on an affair while you were her commanding officer."

Sam started to say something, but Jack cut her off. "General Hammond knows about Jenny. The president knows about Jenny. It's in my record and it's in Sam's." He was damned lucky on that one. Sam told him that the President had placed a caveat in both their records, but because it had only happened one time, he wasn't going to have them court-martialed.

"Now, if you don't mind, get out of our house and leave us alone."

"Jack, I still need you...I still want to be with you," said Kerry, a pleading tone entering her voice. "Not gonna happen. You were right. I love Sam...and she loves me. Even though we'd both tried to deny it...tried to move on. Two very stubborn people...trying to make relationships work that had no business happening in the first place. But, now I've got a chance to be happy and I'm not gonna blow it. I've got everything I've ever wanted...ever needed...right here. Sam and Jenny. That's it."

"Daddy?"

"I'm here baby," said Jack, taking Jenny when she reached for him.

"I cold," she said shivering a little. He realized they'd only gotten her diaper on before Kerry started ranting.

He sat down on the couch and Sam helped him get her into her pj's. "You ok now?"

"Mmm hmm," she said with a yawn.

"Good," he said kissing her on the forehead.

Sam handed him her bottle. "Now, once again. If you don't mind, it's my daughter's bedtime. So I'd suggest you leave.

She turned and, with one last glare at Sam, left the house. "I'm sorry about that Sam," said Jack.

"It's only fair. My ex showed up at my place this afternoon. I was actually wondering when she was going to show up."

Jack laughed long and hard. "Uninvited guests are the worst."

They sat there in silence until Jenny fell asleep, which actually didn't take very long. Jack stood and, with Sam following, laid her in her crib. Her first night at her new home. They both stood there, watching their daughter sleep for several minutes.

Jack shivered. "I'm gonna go get that shower." He looked down at himself. "Although, it feels as though I've already had one."

Sam laughed softly. "I told you so," she said, wrapping her arms around his waist.

He turned in her arms and placed a kiss on her forehead. "You wanna join me?"

"Well...you know what they say," she trailed off as his hands found all their favorite places.

"No...what do they say?" said Jack, tweaking her nipples gently.

"Conserve water...shower with a friend," said Sam backing up and running out the nursery.

"I am sooo gonna get you for that one," said Jack, taking off after her.

They played until the water ran cold. Then Jack picked up his fianc and laid her, still naked, on the bed. He pulled the covers over both of them and pulled Sam into his arms. "I have to say this again."

"What Jack?" asked Sam sleepily.

"Thank you," he said softly.

She turned in his arms and laid her head on his chest. "For what?"

"For giving me my life back." He took a deep breath. "A part of me died the day that Charlie died. I never wanted anything else. I never wanted to love again." She looked up at him, blue eyes filled with tears. "The day you walked into my life, was the day my life began again...the day I started to breathe again."

She raised her head and kissed him gently. "I love you Jack O'Neill. I've loved you from the moment I walked into that briefing room. I will never stop loving you."

"I love you too Samantha Carter - soon to be O'Neill."

She grinned. "I like the sound of that. Samantha O'Neill."

"I like it too. Sounds much better than Jack Carter," he said with a laugh.

"Jack," said Sam as she tickled him.

"Sam?"

"Let's get some sleep. You never know when your daughter is going to wake us up."

"Let's put it this way. Before sunrise, she's your daughter," said Jack.

"You watch waaay too much TV Jack."

"Well, I'm not going to be watching much from now on."

"And why is that?" asked Sam with a yawn.

"Because...I'd much rather watch you and our daughter."

Sam sighed contentedly. "Goodnight Jack."

"Goodnight honey," he said as he drifted off to sleep.

Chapter Two

1

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jessie Carter-ONeill