Login

Deja Vu von Jessie Carter-ONeill

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

Sorry it's been so long. Been away. But, I'm back.I think
Deja Vu

Deja Vu

by Jessie Carter-ONeill

Summary: Has someone followed Charlie through the mirror?
Category: Action/Adventure, Drama, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes/mature scenes, language, sexual situations
Author's Notes: Sorry it's been so long. Been away. But, I'm back.I think
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/21/06

It had been a month since Charlie came through the mirror. He'd told them he was only fifteen. He was younger than Jack's original Charlie would have been had he lived. He was adjusting nicely to being in the alternate reality. Jack had mentioned calling Sara and letting her know about him, but Charlie didn't want him to do that. Even though he knew he was in a different place, everything felt the same. Especially with the way that Jenny seemed to know him. Sara - his Sara - had given him up when he was four. He didn't want to be hurt again.
Sam had tried to explain what had happened to his alternate. Hell, Jack had tried to explain the situation. But, he kept telling them that he wasn't that Charlie. Finally they agreed to let him handle it at his own pace. Jack and Sam both agreed not to call Sara. After all, Charlie told them, she'd moved to California and most likely wouldn't be back.
They saw his point. After all, the only mother he'd ever known was Sam.
"Charlie, I've got a strange question for you."
"Shoot mom."
Jack grinned at her. "When did you start calling me 'mom'?" she asked Charlie.
He was sitting on the floor playing Candy Land with Jenny. He looked up at smiled at her. "I think it was right after entity thingy invaded you."
Sam looked at Jack with surprise. He shrugged his shoulders and kissed her cheek. "That's when I knew I loved you...that I was in love with you," he said.
She returned his smile and his kiss. She motioned for a blushing Charlie to continue.
"The first night you were out of the infirmary, dad brought you home with him. He said he'd almost lost you and couldn't stand to think of you being alone right then."
He picked up a sleeping Jenny and held her close. "You stayed in the guest room for a couple of months. No one at the SGC knew about it. You kept your old address at the post office so they had no reason to suspect anything." He closed his eyes remembering the first night he called her mom. When he opened them, Jack and Sam gasped at the depth of emotion in them.
"I'd been having nightmares about something for three days. Dad was at the SGC for a Command meeting with the leaders of the teams so it was just you and me for dinner that night. I didn't know that he'd come in just after I'd gone to bed. But, I woke up screaming and you got to me first. You held me and let me cry. I think dad was standing in the doorway. You messed up my hair and kissed my forehead and told me to go back to sleep. When you started to leave, I called you 'mom.' You turned around and said 'what'. All I could say was 'thanks'."
Jack put his arms around a crying Sam.
"From then on, I called you 'mom'. It just felt right. You moved into dad's room after that and you'd been together ever since. Right after you were court-martialed, you got married. Everything was fine until...oh shit!"
Jack started at the word that came out of his son's mouth. "What?"
"I just realized something."
"What?"
"The nightmares I'd had those nights...they were about you dying. Everything in my dreams came true."
He stared at them wide-eyed. He'd blocked it from his memory. The horrific dream of seeing his parents murdered before his eyes. Charlie started to shake and sob uncontrollably. Jack quickly reached out and took Jenny from him. Sam got down on the floor beside him and put her arms around the crying teenager.
Jenny opened her eyes to see her distraught brother. "Charlie?" She held her arms out to him.
He quickly wiped his eyes and took her from Jack. Jenny reached out took Jack and Sam's hands in her tiny ones and pulled them to her and Charlie. She put her forehead against Charlie's as she began to glow.
For long moments no one dared move. In a few minutes, the glow had died down and Jenny was sleeping in Charlie's arms.
"Ummm...what was that?" asked Sam.
Charlie was in shock. "She healed me."
"What?" asked Sam.
"She healed me...my heart. I still miss them, but it doesn't hurt anymore."
She looked at Jack. His eyes also wide with shock. "Jack?"
"She did the same thing to me. I still miss my Charlie, but it doesn't hurt anymore," he said, unconsciously mimicking Charlie's words.
"Then why the tears baby?" she asked, touching his face gently.
"Happy tears, I guess," he said, pulling Sam into his arms.
He reached over and pulled Charlie and Jenny to them also. They held each other for a long time. They parted when Jenny started squirming uncomfortably. Jack took his daughter from her brother (that's how they thought of him) and stood, groaning at the cracking sound his knees made.
"I'm gonna go put her in her bed," he said. "Then I've got a surprise for you both."
"I'll put Sean in his crib," said Sam.
"Ok," said both of the "men" in her life.
When they returned, Charlie was looking at a photo album of Jack, Sam, and Jenny. They could tell he was slightly depressed about there not being any pictures of him in there.
Jack went to the desk and got some papers out. He walked over to his wife and "son" and sat down.
"So, what's this big surprise?" asked Sam.
"Well, actually there are two surprises," said Jack with a grin. He handed the papers to Charlie who read quietly.
"Jack?" asked Sam.
"It's a birth certificate. His name and date of birth with me as his father and you as his mother."
"How..." began Sam.
"I pulled a few strings with General Hammond and the President."
"Cool," said Charlie with an O'Neill grin. "It's another strange coincidence."
"What?"
"My dad did the same thing after him and mom got married. They had my birth certificate changed to say that Sam was my mom."
"Wow," said Jack. "I didn't even think about that."
Charlie started to say something then yawned. "Does this mean I can call you 'mom' and 'dad'?"
"Did that stop you before?" asked Jack with a laugh.
"Nah. Not really. It was just..."
"Just what Charlie?" asked Sam.
"I couldn't get used to calling you 'Sam' and 'Jack'. It felt unnatural."
The three of them laughed, but then the terrified screams of Jenny caused them all to run into her room.
"MOMMY!!!!"
"I'm here, baby," said Sam, picking up her terrified daughter and holding her trembling body closely.
Jenny was starting to hyperventilate. "Breathe slowly baby," said Jack reaching around Sam to rub Jenny's back slowly.
She couldn't stop shaking and her breathing was erratic. "Jenny, what's wrong?"
"Bad...bad..." was all she could say.
"Bad what Jenny?" asked Charlie.
"Dream. Bad dream," she sobbed out.
"What happened?" asked Jack, plucking his daughter out of his wife's arms and holding her tight.
"Evwybody died," she cried.
"Everybody who?" asked Sam, stroking Jenny's hair, trying to calm her distraught daughter.
"Mommy, daddy, Charlie, Unca Danny, and Unca Teal'c," she sobbed. She was quickly becoming hysterical.
"Charlie, go get Sean," said Jack.
"Why dad?"
"We're gonna go have a little talk with Thor. I want to know what the hell is going on with my daughter."
Charlie quickly left the room to get his brother. The whole time, Jenny screamed and cried in fear. As soon as Charlie returned, Sam grabbed his hand and activated Jenny's bracelet. Within moments, they were on Thor's ship.
"What is the problem O'Neill?" asked Thor, immediately appearing in front of them. He had to raise his voice in order to be heard over the screaming Jenny.
"She healed our hearts...mine and Charlie's. How? And why is she having nightmares about the three of us dying?" demanded Jack.
"I do not know why," said Thor. "However, I will consult our scientists to find the answer to this problem." He grimaced as Jenny screamed again. "In the meantime," he reached out and touched her forehead. The screaming stopped and Jenny slumped unconscious against Jack.
"What in the hell did you do, Thor?" demanded Jack.
"I merely cleared her mind of the dreams. She will sleep now, her dreams undisturbed."
"For how long?" asked Sam.
"Until we know what is causing this," said Thor.
"But..." said Jack.
Thor held up his finger. "It must be done, O'Neill. Her powers are growing. I believe she has taken your pain and that of your son, into herself."
"Then get it out of her!" exclaimed Jack.
"We will find a way. In the meantime, consider yourselves guests of the Asgard."
Thor disappeared, leaving a confused O'Neill family behind. Charlie was still holding a sleeping Sean.
"Dad? Is she gonna be ok?"
Jack looked up with fear in his eyes. "I...I don't know," he said softly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two days later, Jenny was still unconscious. They'd sent Sean back to stay with Daniel until this problem could be resolved. Sam was holding Jenny, rocking her softly. Both she and Jack were terrified that Jenny would never wake up...that whatever had happened was here to stay.
"No change?" asked an exhausted Charlie from the doorway.
Sam shook her head. The three of them had taken turns with her, trying to figure out how she could take the emotional pains of her father and brother into her young mind. If they didn't figure something out soon, they were all going to break.
She motioned for Charlie to enter the room. Jack was sleeping behind her and she didn't really want to wake him up. He'd only been asleep for about four hours and it was the first sleep he'd gotten in two days.
Thor appeared in the doorway. She knew she had to wake Jack. Handing Jenny to Charlie, she gently shook him awake.
"Jack...honey wake up. Thor's back," she said softly.
Jack's eyes immediately opened and he sat up. "News?" he asked, looking at Sam.
"I don't know."
They both turned to Thor as Charlie sat down in the chair. "Thor?"
"We believe we have found the cause of her distress."
It got quiet and Jack motioned for Thor to continue. "And?"
"It is what we thought. She took your pain and that of your son into herself."
"Can you get it out?" asked Sam, taking Jenny back from Charlie. Jack leaned over her and kissed Jenny's forehead.
"Yes," said Thor.
"Can you keep her from doing it again?" asked Jack.
"No."
"Then..."
Thor once again interrupted. "We cannot stop her from doing this. However, we can keep her from holding in the pain that she takes from others."
"Do it," said Jack immediately. He'd missed his daughter's laugh and the way her blue eyes lit up when she giggled. It was something he desperately needed right then.
"It will take several hours. I will have to take her with me in order to begin the process. I suggest you rest and take nourishment," said Thor.
A stasis pod floated in and once again Jenny was placed inside. He and the pod disappeared in a flash of light.
"Charlie why don't you go back to your room and try to get some more sleep," said Jack.
"Dad...I want to be here when he brings her back," Charlie argued.
"I promise we'll come get you when Thor comes back," said Sam.
"Mom..."
"It's ok, Charlie," said Sam, reaching out and pulling Charlie into her arms. "We're right here. She's gonna be fine."
He tried to argue that he wanted to stay there, but ended up yawning anyway. He gave them both hugs and went back to "his" room.
"Jack?" He could hear the fear in Sam's voice.
He pulled her into his arms. "I know baby. I know."
He kissed her lips softly and then pulled her to lay beside him on the bed. Wrapping their arms around each other, they fell into an emotionally exhausted sleep.
Six hours later
They were just waking up when Thor brought in a crying Jenny. "Well?" asked Jack, taking the screaming child from Thor.
"She is well...just frightened," said Thor.
"Da...da...daddy!" she cried out.
"Shh...I've got you," said Jack, slowly rocking back and forth. "I've got you."
Charlie came bursting into the room. "Is she ok?"
"We removed the memories of your pain from her mind. This ability will remain dormant until such time as she is old enough to control it."
"Then why is she screaming?" demanded Sam, stroking her daughter's hair gently.
"I believe it was because she was alone," said Thor. "She regained consciousness and her parents, nor her brother, were close to her."
"Never again," said Jack.
"Thank you Thor. Can you send us home now?" asked Sam.
"Yes."
The O'Neill family disappeared in a flash of light. Jenny had just started to calm down when a loud noise from the living room frightened her again. Jack quickly handed the young girl to her mommy, motioning for Sam to try to keep her quiet. Quite the impossible task at the moment.
"Shh baby. You're ok," murmured Sam gently rocking her daughter as Jack and Charlie left the bedroom to check on the noises coming from their living room. She softly sung "Into the West" trying to soothe her distraught daughter. Within minutes, Jenny was sleeping peacefully, safe in the arms of her mother.
Several minutes later, Jack and Charlie came back with looks of apprehension on their faces. She motioned for them to be quiet and stood with Jenny in her arms. Jack took the sleeping three year old from Sam and motioned for Sam to follow him. He carried Jenny into her room and placed her in her bed with her teddy bear beside her. He gently kissed her cheek.
"Sleep well, baby," he whispered.
He waited until Sam and Charlie had kissed her too then motioned for them to follow him out into the living room. What she saw, caused Sam's blood to run cold. Their living room had been ransacked!
"Don't touch anything," whispered Jack, pulling his gun from the leg strap. "I called Daniel and he and Teal'c are on their way."
"Who would do something like this?" asked Sam, staring at the now empty mantle. All of their family pictures had been destroyed. All of Sean and Jenny's toys that had been in a basket in the corner, were torn to pieces.
"I don't know, baby," said Jack, pulling Sam into his arms. "But, we're gonna find out."
"Dad, I think I know who did this," whispered Charlie.
"Who?" asked Jack. Charlie hadn't been there very long, so he couldn't have made any enemies that quickly.
"There was a man in my reality...a cop. He tried over and over again to get mom to go out with him. Even though you two hadn't gotten together yet, she still told him no. He started stalking her...calling the house all the time, showing up unannounced, sending flowers...things like that. He did this at our house a couple of times before he was caught. But, because he was a cop, they wouldn't do anything about him. Even after you two got married, he still showed up.. You got a restraining order against him just before the Goa'uld attacked."
Jack looked at Sam. "It couldn't be," he said.
"It is theoretically possible, Jack."
"What was this cop's name?" asked Jack.
"Pete Shanahan." Deja Vu
5

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jessie Carter-ONeill